Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 18 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've been trying to get a new password, from time to time, for the last few months, still no e-mail with new password. So no Updater or AmiStore for me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

Toolbar.gadget v53.3

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
And as usual a mess in the updater: it shows me local 53.2 and remote 53.2 too. And so didn't highlight it as updated. While I can see filesizes different, and changelog tab mention 53.3.

So either bug in an updater or someone didn't set the new version in the updater itself as 53.3 for the remote tab. And when actually hit "Download" it then still update it by luck.

And then show in local tab that I have 53.3, and in remote 53.2

Also when it updates, the whole screen of the updater goes gray and stays like it, until I do not move the mouse.

Somebody should take care of this updater tool. But feel free to ignore that report too :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Found another misconfiguration in the updater: in My Purchases, there is at first some empty string, with "Not Found" status. But all other fields are empty.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

As I have the same, I believe it happened when registering for the enhancer software core when I already have the full enhancer pack.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

Clipviewer v1.12
Clipview.library v1.12

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@derfs
Quote:

As I have the same, I believe it happened when registering for the enhancer software core when I already have the full enhancer pack.

I didn't register software core and still have that empty line before. But running now updater, and seems Mattew fix it in database. Now it properly saying that this is the "core".

But for some reason, the Packages tab still has some old stuff dunno for what: amissl 4.5 and mui 5.0R2 from dunno what year. Dunno for what this Tab is at all, maybe there was a hope it will replace AmiUpdate :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Updater v53.70

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
I as a beta tester have 53.70 for some time, and random lockups on running happen with that version as well.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

May be some other configuration issue(s)causing the lockups.
Either hardware or software.
Thus far I have not been able to induce any lockup with this version or the previous one .
Running on a Sam460ex.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

With 53.70 problem is solved on my Sam460.

For A1222, I have to use debug.kernel so that Updater works without problems. With non debug kernel on A1222, I get crashes related to AmiSphere server.

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

Apparently there are dependancies that you have have and others don't.

I run a clean reinstall of Amigaos4.1 update 6 on a sam440.
Installed Enhancer Software Core V1.1 with the following version numbers:
- Updater 53.7
- AmiSphereServer 53.37
- AmiSphere 53.37
- kernel 53.58 (received through amiupdate)

AmiSphere locks and updater gives a grimreaper.
I know that I do not run FE yet (Ordered 440ep version from Alinea and will arrive once DHL decides that they took enough preparation time to finally send it "international" within a "borderless" europe (5 days and counting); Amigakit warehouse is this huge that it already takes 3 days to pick the X5000 order) but it is supposed to run on 4.1 update 6. I also know that the core edition is free of charge. Is it free because it doesn't run anyways? Was it not tested but just assumed to work on 4.1 update 6? Nobody involved on amigans or amigaworld care to comment on this issue. But from what I read in this thread, FE will not solve the issue either.
I am a returning user, so i knew that it wouldn't be a walk in the park. But try to imagine the frustration of new users.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

The issue(s) casuing the freeze have not yet been isolated.
Even A-Eon Beta and Hyperion Beta configurations are affected.
The only non released components on my system are the Radeon Rx Video Drivers etc.
I have rolled this back to the release version and still no problem for me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
Amigakit warehouse is this huge that it already takes 3 days to pick the X5000 order

AFAIK they do all sorts of quality testing before they build your machine. But I agree that with such big orders - I don't believe they sell an X5000 every day - the customer expects top communication and a speedy processing of the order.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

I was under the impression that the issue started after an upgrade to FE update 2 in combination with updater 53.65. Some user report that the issue is gone after an update to 53.7.

Apparentlly I am a unique case with the combination of 4.1 update 6 and updater 53.7. I also get a grimreaper instead of a freeze.

For what it is worth, the freeze of amishpere disappears when I disconnect the network cable. Maybe this helps nto arrow down the root cause.
Grimreaper on Updater remains.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

I ordered the bare motherboard without memory. Maybe they need to prepare the microSD card for each order. But writing such a small image to a microsd card in windows takes less than a minute.

I am not sure what you mean with all sorts of quality testing but I surely hope that they didn't order those X5000 boards without factory testing (AOI, boundary scan, FPT/ICT), functional test). Because this is a huge quality risk given the complexity of the board. You cannot cover such a board with just functional testing afterwards. Maybe just filter out the DOA ones. But the ones that cause random lockups or grimreapers will most likely slip through. And the manual handeling (especially in a non-ESD safe environment) will also add significantly to the failure rate.

Upon ordering, the shipment was shown to be 2-5 days. I counted extra for "after brexit" customs clearance. But it looks like that it already might take 5 days before it will be shipped.

I guess I am too impatient for the amiga world. Or spoiled by the non-amiga world. But likely a combination of both.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Getting my X5000 took some time as well. (weeks,,)

I would suggest to wait another week and otherwise contact them.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skateman

Did you order a bare motherboard or a complete system? Because it takes up to 2 weeks for a complete system according to their website.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Ordered 28-10-2017..... and was delivered 7-12-2017

Complete system (well just a case with mainboard drives etc) that i can build in about 30 minutes

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 18 »