Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 61

rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 43 44 45 (46) 47 48 49 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Hi kas1e,

Yeah, somehow I doubted it was going to be THAT easy, but
I had hope... ;D

I only mentioned Curl since I figured it might be involved
in some of all the transport security updating that has
been going on since the last update (heartbleed, etc etc
etc).

The same goes for OpenSSL... There are so many secure sites
(banks, etc) that kick out errors or just refuse to connect
now and I've wondered if security updates might help that.

Thanks again,

PJS

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

While it's not a straight ./configure && make, I didn't do anything specific for Odyssey, but just some tweaks to get it to compile on OS4. There's a document openssl-os4-howto.txt in the Documentation/ directory with notes on how to compile it.

At the time I built 1.0.1q for you, there was already a 1.0.2 series, but 1.0.2 couldn't connect to some sites while the latest in the 1.0.1 series connected to most, and if I remember correctly, some sites were moving away from an old cipher. I can see in the readme on OS4Depot that I was already building the 1.0.2 series at that time.

The 1.1.0/1.1.1 series has some API changes, but I suspect if you can tweak Odyssey to work with it, it'd be able to connect to more sites, although that doesn't help in the JS/HTML/CSS department.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT
Yeah, that what I remember too: too recent OpenSSL just fails to works with some sites when linked with Odyssey.

@All
I may try to build with very latest OpenSSL now, but first, need to deal with "why when we switch to 8.x GCC, PROGDIR:Conf" have trashed "Conf" part (and only that!), when used from other threads (as all resources loaded by Odyssey didn't have that issue, seems only those ones which load from other threads such as OWBICon or OWBLocalStorage thread). I do not know what can be the cause at the moment.

All I can say, that when we switch to 8.x GCC whole thing start to bring a loot warnings, so I had to hide them by adding "-Wno-implicit-fallthrough -Wno-ignored-attributes -Wno-unused-function -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-class-memaccess", but not sure if any of them can cause that. Check CMAKE/AddGlobalCompilerFlags.cmake

Also, when we build BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp, it bring those errors:

/amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:68:2warning#warning "Really?" [-Wcpp]
 #warning "Really?"

^~~~~~~
/
amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:74:2warning#warning "Really?" [-Wcpp]
 #warning "Really?"

^~~~~~~
/
amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:120:2warning#warning "replaced O_TRUNC, else APPEND would never work. Ok for now given this class use, but check sideeffects when updating." [-Wcpp]
 #warning "replaced O_TRUNC, else APPEND would never work. Ok for now given this class use, but check sideeffects when updating."

^~~~~~~
/
amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:257:2warning#warning "Just use AddPart..." [-Wcpp]
 #warning "Just use AddPart..."

^~~~~~~
/
amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:297:2warning#warning "Just use FilePart/PathPart" [-Wcpp]
 #warning "Just use FilePart/PathPart"

^~~~~~~
/
amiga/Odyssey/odyssey-r155188-1.23/BAL/Filesystem/WebCore/Posix/BCFileSystemPosix.cpp:331:2warning#warning "Just use FilePart/PathPart" [-Wcpp]

#warning "Just use FilePart/PathPart"

^~~~~~~

Not sure if any of them can be related.

Native-amiga Threading files placed in the BAL/Types/WTF/MorphOS ,but also currently do not know if it anyhow related.

Probably good-old printf debugging should be started.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Spotted a problem in Source/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/Api/WebPreferences.cpp:

const charWebPreferences::stringValueForKey(const charkey)
{

string value m_privatePrefs[key];
    return 
value.c_str();
}

This creates a temporary copy of the string object, and then returns a pointer to its internal C string. Unfortunately, the temporary copy gets destroyed when the method returns, leaving the pointer hanging. You've been "lucky" that it happened to work with older compilers.

I haven't tried it yet, but the following should work:
const charWebPreferences::stringValueForKey(const charkey)
{

string &value m_privatePrefs[key];
    return 
value.c_str();
}

Note the & in front of the value. That turns the variable into a reference that points to the original string, which won't disappear the moment the method returns.

EDIT: Looks like that same mistake was done multiple times in the same file...

Hans

Edited by Hans on 2020/3/2 9:26:24
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Just tested the fix I outlined above, and it works. I'll send you a pull request on GitHub soon...

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Thanks! That was fast ! At least opening of code worth so we will have now new version builded over 8.3.0. Already better than nothing.

I will try now to build it with newer openssl version and give a test archive for everyone to check.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
Quote:

The 1.1.0/1.1.1 series has some API changes, but I suspect if you can tweak Odyssey to work with it, it'd be able to connect to more sites

Tried to use latest openssl from os4depot, and api changes there is no big issue for Odyssey's code itself, but for CURL which is use SSL for connections.

They (openssl) no more provide with SSLeay() and related stuff, and so that version of Curl which we use (7.28.1) and which is prove-tested-works-fine can't be linked over new openssl. But newer versions of Curl are harder because it need our-custom-threading-resolver implementation as i have in 7.28.1 , so it need some work for sure.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Tested with GCC8 and interestingly, returning a pointer to local int value seems to trigger always a warning but returning char pointer to std::string content requires -O2 for that warning to trigger.

Thanks for fixing it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Okkey ! First one since few years :)

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta01.lha

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta01 - AmigaOS4

-- Source code with all amigaos4 specific changes and custom 3d party linker libraries are on GitHub now: https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/
-- Recompiled Odyssey with GCC 8.3.0, previously it was 4.4.3
-- Fixed dangling pointer issue with WebPreferences, which was responsible for the "Conf" directory string becoming random garbage (c) Hans de Ruiter
The issue was here for a long time, just with older GCC we were lucky enough to not step in.
-- Fixed lame crash on exit happens when you use a beta of MUI and it brings you "expire" window.
-- Application.library previously got v1 of the interface, but for some time it should be 2, fixed.
-- Updated codesets.library to the latest one (6.21, 16 Jan 2018)
-- Updated curl-ca-bundle.crt (https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem , 01 Jan 2020)
-- Compiled with Curl 7.68.0, OpenSSL 1.1.1c & RTMP 2.4.
-- actual build date and version in "about"

Now it surely will have new issues and new bugs.

For first, i expect there will be issues with sites conneted/disconnected, https and stuff. Probabaly there maybe new issues with threaded resolver in curl (because i added it to the very newer version of curl by logic from old one, so far in my tests it seems works). As well as latest openssl can cause some issues too (as we noticed before when updating openssl few years ago).

I didn't change anything in Odyssey in that terms, just use latest versions (only do changes in Curl to have it builds over amigaos4 + threaded resolver fix + file:/// fix)

Seems google start to reacts better now, but for youtube i see some images stop loading with new curl/opensll. So somewhere something should be fixed seems so. Maybe in odyssey this time, in something like BAL/Network/WebCore/Curl/BCSSLHandleCurl.cpp or so.

In other words test it, and let's collect issues. In the worse case we always can rollback on old curl and old openssl. Through, better to fix things with new ones, as we for sure better to use latest one, if we ever consider later to made another browser on top of webkit or update core in that one.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Cool, but archive probably corrupted ?
Got error when extracting: "Odyssey/datas/wget"

wrong checksum

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

thank you for your work, thank you very much.
I confirm the archive is corrupt

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo, white
Indeed ! Repacked/rechecked/reuploaded on the same place

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Downloaded, and working fine on my SAM460ex.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!

EDIT1: and seems faster on rendering pages or just my imagination

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

Maybe or probably just placebo effect, as we reinstall from scratch cookies and all garbages will be cancelled, so OWB may seems faster at first usage ... we need some more time to tell

Seems working good aniway, just would be interesting the test that threading curl and SSL stuff

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But newer versions of Curl are harder because it need our-custom-threading-resolver implementation as i have in 7.28.1 , so it need some work for sure.

You sent me the code for that years ago, and I've been using it in my ports. Is it not working correctly or was there an update to that code?

Your GitHub repo still has the older crypto/ssl/curl libs (at the time of this post).

Edited by MickJT on 2020/3/3 3:48:12
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

Maybe get better speed if GCC compiler suite was compiled twice, the latest v8 compiler compiling the v8 compiler suite.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@asymetrix

Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. The only difference would be that GCC 8 would compile things a bit faster, if it had itself been compiled with GCC 8 with optimizations on, but the resulting binaries it produces should be exactly the same.

There is this though: https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... hp?topic_id=7957&forum=25

But I suspect kas1e has LTO enabled already.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
Quote:

You sent me the code for that years ago, and I've been using it in my ports. Is it not working correctly or was there an update to that code?

Didn't test your libcurl from os4depot (it also seems pretty older than current 7.68.0), but maybe that one ok too. I remember with more recent curls back in past there were issues always when linked with odyssey, hope with 7.68.0 all can be ok now.

But I surely can see that youtube images didn't load properly as they load with older, 7.28.1 curl. So there is one regression I can notice for sure. Maybe that one of the issues I had back in the past as well with newer curls.

Quote:

Your GitHub repo still has the older crypto/ssl/curl libs (at the time of this post).

Of course, they can be broken or have new bugs, until it all not tested/fixed properly there no point to replace good-old-tested ones.

Quote:

But I suspect kas1e has LTO enabled already.

Nope, didn't tried that at the moment.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
I just noticed that some of youtube images didn't showups correctly even on the version from os4depot, so that looks like not regressions of new curl. Good!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Does Odyssey support WebP (can't check right this second)? YouTube does sometimes send WebP thumbnails over a .jpg extension.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 43 44 45 (46) 47 48 49 ... 72 »