Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Font dowloader does not work in Odessey
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have had a problem with Odessey since I reinstalled my X5000 lately. I get this error when I try to download the fonts:

---

Welcome to OWB font downloader!
--2017-04-30 19:51:56-- http://downloads.sourceforge.net/proj ... 0fonts/final/andale32.exe

Resolving downloads.sourceforge.net... 216.34.181.59
Connecting to downloads.sourceforge.net|216.34.181.59|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net/pro ... 0fonts/final/andale32.exe [following]
--2017-04-30 19:51:57-- https://vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net/pro ... 0fonts/final/andale32.exe

Resolving vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net... 5.10.152.194
Connecting to vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net|5.10.152.194|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Let\'s Encrypt/CN=Let\'s Encrypt Authority X3':
certificate signature failure
To connect to vorboss.dl.sourceforge.net insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

---

Looks like a certificate problem of some kind or an error in the script. I have had the problem both before and after I updated to AmiSSL4.1 and can't seem to fine a solution.

Odessey works fine (posting from it now).

Any suggestions?

Go to top
Re: Font dowloader does not work in Odessey
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@johnfante

You can ignore SSL errors in the Security section of the settings in Odyssey's preferences, perhaps that will let you access the download.

You don't have to Save the ignore setting, just "Use" it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Nbache
Johnfante probably use Download_Fonts script which come with odyssey.

@Johnfante
Script use wget to download stuff, so add --no-check-certificate parametr to wget. To that big string of mess, add it right after that Datas/wget --tries 10 (don't forget to put spaces before and after, so it will be as normal parametr)

Also odyssey didn't use AmiSSL in any part, it just build on pure openssl library.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thank you

Adding --no-check-certificate to the script did the trick. Now it works!

Also thank you to @nbache for your suggestion.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@johnfante

Hi guys. I have a fresh install of amiga os 4.1 FE update 1 on my peg 2 and im trying to download the fonts as well. I added the no check args but the fonts still wont download due to SSL error.. Do i have to install SSL seperately or does it come with os4? Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have a wget built with OpenSSL 1.0.2e which while old, does communicate with Sourceforge without the '--no-check-certificate'. I don't remember where I got it from, possibly I compiled it myself; the OpenSSL installed is that same version.

The wget bundled with Odyssey is 1.12 as well, but apparently with a circa 2009 library.
OpenSSL is at 'o' with the 1.0.2 line.

edit: actually what often happens is that wget doesn't like the mismatch between certificate and hostname.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

Interesting post but gives me no information to help me with the problem im having .( and anyone else getting os 4.1 first time)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magnetic

The fonts can be downloaded here https://sourceforge.net/projects/corefonts/files/the%20fonts/final/
These files are still packed, so either get the TTF file with UnArc or do something like
xadunfile webdin32.exe dest <directory>

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

Thanks for your help

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

I cant DL the fonts as it says "SSL error" this is with owb and odysey browsers. Talk about frustrating. Since im using 4.1 fe now i get SSL errors and cant access websites...

I installe Amissl4 but it doesnt do any good.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magnetic

I wonder if you can download https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem because plain http does not work. If that works, put it in the directory with Odyssey but with the name curl-ca-bundle.crt

Should that not help I do not know what the difference is... maybe a different version of Odyssey?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am having this problem, having dug out my XE and tryin gto get it back to life again. It was running 4.1u6, I have installed 4.1fe and the u1, u2 and u2hf updates, so should be all up to date. Odyssey was giving me this font problem, and partial solution from Kas1e got me a little further:

@kas1e
Script use wget to download stuff, so add --no-check-certificate parametr to wget. To that big string of mess, add it right after that Datas/wget --tries 10 (don't forget to put spaces before and after, so it will be as normal parametr)

But... While some fonts were downloaded this way, it failed and complains when it gets to georgi32, and says OWB WON'T work in the requestor. Same as for the first font, andale32, and also from sourceforge, so not sure what happened for this one after several worked fine.

Can we get the fonts manually and install separately, for Odyssey to use?

I have never used odyssey before, but the AmiStore setup recommends Odyssey. I haven't figured out how to use AmiStore yet, clicking buy and add to cart but nothing happens but more login requestors from it, so hopefully this browser bit will help something functional to happen for AmiStore...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

You can use Curl.

Replace Datas/Wget and it's options by Curl -L and the -O by -o after the <F>.exe

Regards,

Edited by Petrol on 2021/2/17 8:20:53
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This is what i had to do. Used the Curl command with the --cacert curl-ca-bundle.crt

echo >t:fetchfont{$$} ".KEY F*NCurl -L --cacert curl-ca-bundle.crt http://downloads.sourceforge.net/proj ... fonts/final/<F>.exe -o t:ff_tmp<*$*$>*Nif not val *$RC eq 0*Nrequestchoice >nil: *"OWB font downloader*" *"Failed to fetch font '<F>'. OWB WON'T work*" *"Ok*"*Nquit 22*Nendif*Nc:xadUnFile t:ff_tmp<*$*$> sys:fonts/_ttf file=#?.TTF overwrite*Nif not val *$RC eq 0*Nrequestchoice >nil: *"OWB font downloader*" *"Failed to unpack '<F>' font archive. OWB WON'T work*" *"Ok*"*nquit 22*Nendif"

Then i got a few errors....
sys:fonts/_ttf/Ariali.TTF: opening file failed
sys:fonts/_ttf/Arialbd.TTF: opening file failed
Wrote 224692 bytes: sys:fonts/_ttf/Arialbi.TTF
sys:fonts/_ttf/Arial.TTF: opening file failed
Processed 4 files, 3 errors.

I renamed the fonts that gave the error For example renamed Ariali.TTF to Ariali_old.TTF etc..
Did a retry, and all fonts succesfully downloaded!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top

Register To Post