Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Thank you for OS4, hardware, and software
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's impossible to mention all the people who have worked, and currently work on OS4, PowerPC motherboards, and application software.

But, here is a big "THANK YOU".
I'm finally able to let go of all my Classic 68k hardware since the next generation has satisfied my needs and curiosities.

I love my OS4 and PowerPC machines.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Re: Thank you for OS4, hardware, and software
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
+ 1

only downside for my poor A1200 is it has felt neglected ever since I bought OS4.1 on my old Samflex in 2009

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I know your feelings. Im a one amigacomputer only user so when i got OS4 for A1G4XE i sold my A4000. Now when i got my X1000 i sold the A1G4XE. Everytime happiness :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@logicalheart

Quote:

I'm finally able to let go of all my Classic 68k hardware since the next generation has satisfied my needs and curiosities.

Quite frankly, I bought my first Sam in June 2009 because I was bored to death and wanted something to play with. I however never expected that I'd use it as much as I used my A500 and A1200 back in the 1990s! I wasn't much of a gamer then so I don't really miss the old stuff that doesn't run under OS4. The OS itself is, too, a great improvement. I used a PC-emulated OS3.9 system for years and I can tell that OS4 is way more advanced than Classic Amiga defenders would want to admit.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@logicalheart

I use my SAM460 daily as my main computer and use my MacBook Pro less and less, returned from a period away from the Amiga of 5 years and am enjoying computing again, yes we are missing some things but all in all a good experience

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
+1 love using my 460 for as much as I can and I am very grateful that their are people who have the time to develop software for OS4 as well as them actually working on OS4.

Big thumbs up from me.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice to hear that I'm not the only one who enjoys using an AmigaOS4 machine

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Me too! Me too! (grin)

Seriously, thanks to all who have had a hand in us keeping on keeping on.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ditto, ditto.
..Ditto, ditto, and YES!

A1-X1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was just about to create such thread, seriously! I wish to join the thanks to AmigaOS developers.

I'm a proud owner of AmigaOS 4.0 Classic on Amiga 1200T PPC and also I've got loaned Sam440ep with AmigaOS4.1. I was pretty impressed when first launched AmigaOS 4.0, the system was looking exactly or similiar to Windows in terms of beautifulness of desktop and usefulness.

You guys at AmigaOS development team are making a very nice job at keeping AmigaOS up to date. I am a programmer aswell and a computer science student and made some small utils for AmigaOS 4.0 already. I decided to make programs to AmigaOS (not only 4.0, but also earlier versions because I'm classic fan) to keep these systems with latest software.

My programs are for now quite small but fast and running natively. I thing that the most important factor in porting on or making software for AmigaOS 4.x is to keep the quality and program efficiency at optimal level.

Greetings!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@logicalheart

Quote:

YESSS! I'm happy for you.
Probably all the people that switched to AmigaOS 4 never regretted it.

I sincerely hope all Classic users will join us and push AmigaOS forward.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yeah thanks im a outright classic user and without OS4.1 I would have given up modifying my classic setup.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3692

Edited by delshay on 2012/7/13 22:29:36
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank you indeed.

I never really rurned to another OS, Amithlon (till my box died) then AmigaForever & Amikit gave me the wanted speed & now my SAM440ep is really sufficient for my needs.

Go to top

Register To Post