Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 15 »
Re: Odyssey's MediaPlayer thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But they should return error code anyway, as compositing video not available on old drivers ?

Yes, it should. Whenever a driver encounters anything they can't handle, they should return an error code.

BTW, there is no software fallback for vertex arrays.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

my fault, i also noticed i forgot to add COMP_FLOAT_TO_FIX(scalex) to scale values

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo

The media player user AHI function interface. According to documentation it should use AHI_NO_UNIT.

I started to implement AHI device interface playback. If that works, maybe it helps to solve some of the audio related issues.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

Yes, it should. Whenever a driver encounters anything they can't handle, they should return an error code.

BTW, there is no software fallback for vertex arrays.

Strange then why on peg2 i have in return "compositing video not available, fallback to software" when use verticies. Bug in old drivers and/or graphics.library ?

Quote:

I started to implement AHI device interface playback. If that works, maybe it helps to solve some of the audio related issues.

Cool !

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Composited video playback support commited to the repo! In a hour will made beta05 release with it.

Thanks a bunch for Ami603 (do not be shy to donate him for work he do and still plan to do: ami603@terra.es). And thanks a bunch to Hans and Capehill for their help and time they spend on as well! There still some things to be deal with in MediaPlayer (like that AHI exclusive usage, and probably something else can be find), but things already works and can be used

Users who have older cards, will see no changes, for them fullscreen will just opens and immediately closes , as no composite video support. Overlay support for p96 can't be added (or can but with very much blood and time). Because p96 can't attach a layer to a window , like cgx5 on morphos, which in turn mean, that it can't be fit normally into the widnow, and only separate window can be opened, and that in turn mean, need to handle everything manually: events from browser and whater else, and need to code new p96-gui-for-player probabaly for that p96 crap and so on. Not sure if anyone will do so. And also i am sure no one will add to p96 support of attaching layers to a windowses (taking aside when it will be released even if someone madman will take the task to add this). But if that will be done in p96, then it can be used esayly the same as for CGX5. But till that : sorry, only modern Radeons.

@Hans
It seems that once we use Vertices with composite, then on older cards it return "fallback to software" and after crashes. While when we use pure "rectangle mode" all seems fine.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Users who have older cards, will see no changes, for them fullscreen will just opens and immediately closes , as no composite video support. Overlay support for p96 can't be added

Hope the audio streaming will works better now, streams filled the whole memory after some time and then hang the machine completely

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

To all those involved in the programming, thank you very much and stay healthy

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
What made you think that after adding composite video support, it anyhow will made any changes to how audio works in mediaplayer ? There wasnt any work on audio done, dunno what make you think it will "better now"

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Indeed not related to the compositing, i thinked about the inclusion of the memory leak fix from Piru you did

https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/commi ... dd7fe2c453391b057089a10c3

But i really don't know if it somehow related to our specific problem

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

Thanks a lot for the donations, truly appreciated, think i'll spend on some Amiga Gear & software to keep the ball going!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Tested video at:

http://www.html5videoplayer.net/html5video/mp4-h-264-video-test/

As expected on old radeon card, pressing fullscreen will turn back to window mode automatically, no crash nor any other side effect, that's ok

But compared to the old implementation now audio will turn off when you click to play back the stream

Other problem: if you right click in the video area in order to open the context menu, the audio still playing but the video still "blocked" until you release the mouse (close the context menu)
Pratically open menus will block the video output too

Now that you probably start implementing better the audio support, is it possible to fix both ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
As usuall, retest everything many times for first. As it offten happens with your tests, you usually have mixed installations, or forgot how it was, or something else :) So be sure that your bugs are new one, and not old ones.

Quote:

But compared to the old implementation now audio will turn off when you click to play back the stream

If you 100% sure (and retested it), and there indeed differences, plz, describe exactly what issue here. When audio stops and when it wasn't ?

Quote:

Other problem: if you right click in the video area in order to open the context menu, the audio still playing but the video still "blocked" until you release the mouse (close the context menu)
Pratically open menus will block the video output too

Not sure that i understand that one : you find new issue or its the same for all the times ?

Quote:

Now that you probably start implementing better the audio support, is it possible to fix both ?

Not sure if i understand all correctly, but how blocking of menu related to audio fixes ?:) Or you mean one issue its audio issue, and another one just old issue called "when you hit RMB over menu, video stops" ?

ps. and about me starting implemented audio support : no no, i do there nothing. That if i undestand correctly Capehill play with for now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Menus are poorly implanted in AmigaOS, they are drawn directly on top of the screen instead of using layers, so intuition locks the screen so no other program can draw on the screen.
However there is option in the GUI prefs to enable non-blocking menus.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

You mixed things :)
I mean, when you right click into a video (context menu) the video output will be blocked and it will stay blocked until you close that menu ... but compared to the video output, the audio output instead continue to work even if menus are opened

This behaviour is NOT new at all, Odyssey's menu always blocked the video outputs when you open any internal menu inside its window ..
i just wonder if this "problem" could be solved (later)

About the audio things, let's forget everything for now
We will check everything when Capehill complete his implementation

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79Quote:

Clean Beta 05 install. No modifications.

Ok, first the good. When playing the above video things work great. If I set my sound setting (Using AEON's Sound Prefs) to Music unit and choose a Unit 0: device I can hear the sound from all videos (only tested 2 & 3 at a time) videos when played at the same time. So, in this case everything seems great!

I'll post the bad in a seperate post. (Hint: When using YouTube.)

System: X1000 using motherboard sound. Radeon HD 7750 Graphics card (Cape Verde chipset)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The bad...

Testing Beta05 with YouTube.

If I use Odyssey's default user agent the full screen button does nothing. It just tells me full screen is not available just at previous version did.

If I spoof as IPad 13.2.3, the full screen button causes the video to fill the window as it should but it's clearly not using composting as video is Jerky and CPU usage does not go down.

Once full screen clicking on the full screen button or the video does not return the video to non-full screen mode. The only way to get back to non-full screen mode is to reload the page.

I have also ran into a crash, I think is was a media player crash, when in full screen and clicking aournd a few times. I'll reproduce and attache the crash log here in a few minutes.

This is with X1000, motherboard sound with HD 7750 graphics card. Latest official release of AEON's drivers. (RadeonHD.chip 3.7 (11/19/2019)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Spoof as FireFox, it works for me in 720p

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

If I use Odyssey's default user agent the full screen button does nothing. It just tells me full screen is not available just at previous version did.

Surely use latest youtube script ? I mean do fresh unpack, then go to window/scripts and enable youtube_Fullscreen_fix.js , right ? And don't forget to exit/run browser again. That script fix the youtube so it will use your player. And , sometime it will not works from first second.

Because sounds that it just didn't works for you. That script thing can be a bit picky, you need to be sure that everything correct (last scrtip, enabled, exit/run one time at least, etc).

Quote:

If I spoof as IPad 13.2.3, the full screen button causes the video to fill the window as it should but it's clearly not using composting as video is Jerky and CPU usage does not go down.

Yeah, that is not fullscreen, but bigger window (the same
cairo rendering)

But youtube such a youtube, that for sure :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Surely use latest youtube script ? I mean do fresh unpack, then go to window/scripts and enable youtube_Fullscreen_fix.js , right ? And don't forget to exit/run browser again. That script fix the youtube so it will use your player. And , sometime it will not works from first second.

Agghh...stupid me. I didn't use the YouTube script.
Works great when I use the script. Oh well, at least now people know what happens when you can't follow directions and don't use the script.

However, I did find that if I spoof as Nentindo WiiU YouTube works without the YouTube script. In fact it seems to use the built in player like when you play HTML5 embedded videos, like the in Samo79's post above. Seems to be no need for YouTube script workaround...at least until YouTube stops supporting it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So, now that we have decent video playing in Odyssey what do we do with it. Click the link below for some ideas:
Odyssey Tested Video/Audio Sites

Edited by ktadd on 2020/4/2 22:08:09
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 15 »