Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: emotion media player
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
When I used DVplayer i copied some dvd in my hard drive for tests and so I have the vob files..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I just tried SRec (records video of what you are doing on your Amiga), and Emotion is BY FAR the best player for playing back the recorded video:

DvPlayer doesn't recognise the codec, nor in fact does LiveForIt-MPlayer. MUI-Player DOES play the video, but it's too slow playing a 1600x1200 video in full-screen. On the other hand, Emotion plays the video perfectly in full screen (and doesn't even seem to break a sweat). So thumbs up!

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I just bum the topic to ask if a new version of Emotion is in the work (with all the little add ons that were asked by the users).

This page has not been updated since the 1st release on AmiStore.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L
We have a big to-do list which is worked on, step by step.
But as we need other projects for living, the development speed is not fast on every day.

For the website: I have to put some news on it, i know ;) I will try to do my best to find time for it...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@imagodespira

Thanks

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

For the next release I hope for full support of the old Radeon card, my Sam440 still waiting for

Aniway where we can report eventual issue ?
I had almost one in beta version, still reported here:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/?function=view&crashlogid=406

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sam79

There has never been (and will never be) hardware decoding on the old Radeon 9xxx. Overlay is already supported by Emotion by the way.

We could hope for hardware decoding on supported Radeon HD but only Hans could answer such a complex question and I highly doubt it will happen any time soon.

--
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH That lossless packed codec (ZMBV) or the raw RGB?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@imagodespira

Hey.. well done with your media player.. it looks great, perfect for my taste really.

during the demo testing, one thing that annoys, some players have this as standard when you install it..

when you playing a video, the player will automatically resize the players window view to the original size of the video file.

for me, this is a no go.. is there anyway to have it locked at a size that you want, so player never expands a pixel when starting loads of different video clips of different resolutions..

anyway.. this is quality software guys:)

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
ZMBV

@noXLar Quote:
one thing that annoys ... the player will automatically resize the players window view to the original size of the video file.

Not disagreeing with your request at all (I'm sure you have a good reason), but that's the behaviour I personally want, since scaling the video to fit the window means a loss of quality (and/or higher CPU usage => lower frame rate). In general the only fixed size I want is "full screen", and that is of course already an option.

However, I do dislike that (IIRC) it will resize the window to be larger than the screen, if the video happens to be larger than the screen. *No* other video player behaves that way (at least without you specifically requesting 100% scaling).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

@ChrisH

Yo! :) I didn't mean remove the auto scale completely, as i said in my first comment, most players have this as default, you need deactivate it on those media players, maybe 95% of them all.

i'm just talking about having that option, so we who don't like the auto scale can turn it off and be happy :)

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

agree with the issue with resizing larger then the screen, my VLC portable on pc have that issue, 40% on screen, rest is out side of view.. so i don't use that player at all unless it is a difficult file to play..
i like have a small player that stays small all the time, if i want full screen, i just double click it.. or just resize it manually.. but, thats just my way to do it..

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar Quote:
i'm just talking about having that option, so we who don't like the auto scale can turn it off and be happy :)

Yes, I realise that :) . Although they appear to be against optional features (and preferences) in Emotion, where possible, so as to keep it simple. (But in this area I think they have simplified slightly too much!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@noXLar

Hi,

please can you explain when the resize of the window comes on your system?

I tried it and the behavior is here, that emotion don't scales the window down or up. The video is scaled.

Also loading a new video does not scale the window, only if you hit "w" or in menu "adjust window size", then the window scales to the video file size.

Only in "software" mode the window scales to the video size because there is no hardware scaling and it hase to use the video size. With compositing window sizing is enabled.

On which system did you tried the demo? In your signature, you have Radeon HD cards which should use compositing to scale the video.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
Not disagreeing with your request at all (I'm sure you have a good reason), but that's the behaviour I personally want, since scaling the video to fit the window means a loss of quality (and/or higher CPU usage => lower frame rate). In general the only fixed size I want is "full screen", and that is of course already an option.

On "modern" graphics card, compositing scales the video up or down, this needs no CPU usage. That should be the way player should work. On Radeon9200 Cards we only have PIP for good video playback but no scaling possibilities.

However, I do dislike that (IIRC) it will resize the window to be larger than the screen, if the video happens to be larger than the screen. *No* other video player behaves that way (at least without you specifically requesting 100% scaling).

With compositing, no video should resize the window per default to a bigger size than the screen.

If you have a older system, it could happen. But to be fair, you can play videos there with a size bigger than your workbench screen??? (FullHD videos?, also a 1280x720p video should fit into a workbench screeon (expect you have 800x600 in 2017 ;) But also there, i think 720p videos should be impossible to play if you don't own a fast computer like a x1000...)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira Quote:
On "modern" graphics card, compositing scales the video up or down, this needs no CPU usage.

That's why I put mention of CPU usage in brackets.

Quote:
no video should resize the window per default to a bigger size than the screen.

Hmm, you're right, I was remembering an older version of Emotion Player... Now it is even worse as there is NO WAY to make the window resize to give 100% scaling of the video (i.e. 1 input pixel = 1 output pixel = best quality). I certainly won't be purchasing the full version until THAT is fixed.

(It USED to do resize the window to the video size, but after I complained that Emotion could resize the window larger than the screen, it was changed so it doesn't resize the window at all. <Insert Jean-Luc Picard face palm picture here>)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Emotion is using the VLC style : it keeps the size it had when closed. I prefer this way of doing since I want to control how the video is displayed rather choosing for me.

And if I want to watch the video in its entire size, I play it in full screen.

--
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

You can use the following in a dos script:

.key filename
.bra {
ket }
run <>nilAPPDIR:EMotion {filename}
waitforport EMOTION.1
rx 
"ADDRESS 'EMOTION.1' ; 'pause' ; 'fullscreen 1' ; 'play'"

Or you can use 3 lines in a dopus button, menu, filetype etc:

[AmigaDosrun <>nilAPPDIR:EMotion {f}
[
AmigaDoswaitforport EMOTION.1
[AmigaDosrx "ADDRESS 'EMOTION.1' ; 'pause' ; 'fullscreen 1' ; 'play'"

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L Quote:
Emotion is using the VLC style : it keeps the size it had when closed.

That's not how VLC works for me, although it is no doubt an options in the preferences (which is what I want to see for Emotion Player).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
[Quite]Hmm, you're right, I was remembering an older version of Emotion Player... Now it is even worse as there is NO WAY to make the window resize to give 100% scaling of the video (i.e. 1 input pixel = 1 output pixel = best quality). I certainly won't be purchasing the full version until THAT is fixed.[\Quote]

You can hit "w" while playing to fit the window to video size. We played around while developing and from all choices it was the best to make it this way.

[Quote]I certainly won't be purchasing the full version until THAT is fixed.[\Quote]

...then maybe you should use your beloved VLC on Windows or Linux.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »