Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 144

joerg, sailor, emeck, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 11 »
Re: Do we have fast, accelerated, bug-free, supporting scaling SNES emulator ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just sent the WarpSNES Source-code to kas1e, who volunteered to work on the open bugs.

I volunteer to update the code to latest snes9x myselves. But might be not before the weekend that I work on that (I asked kas if he can get it running with recent compilers till then, and send me the code back then, after that I will work on updating to SNES9x 1.60 (please note might take some while due to high project load, but still that specific project is dear to me )

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheMagicSN

Great, I'm applying as a betatester

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Too fast for betatesting : the version Steffen send me is sadly 1.42 version, without the important changes we need: SDL replacement on native Amiga and amigainput. It's even visually different : 1.42 lack many features of GUI 1.43 had. In other words, we need exactly 1.43 sources..

@Steffen
Is it possible to find out 1.43 source code, the ones which had all this:

Changes added by Per Johansson (amigan()comhem.se):
Added amigainput support including button,axis and hats.
Added native Amiga OS4 frameworkie no SDL dependency
Added support for xadmaster.library (iesupport for zippedgzipped games)
Added keybindings
Snapshots fixed (gamestates)
Sound added
Small gui added different window modes
Saves batterybackuped data correctly
Additional small bugfixes

1.42 version even not works correctly on os4 (not the original binaries from internet, not my new compile of your sources), while 1.43 are.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi!

Sadly I only have 1.42 sources. I was not aware that Per worked on another version after that.

I see "sound added", did the version he did back then not include sound ? I never checked it, but he wrote me he fixed sound, and then sent me this source code which I sent you.

Steffen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Steffen
By sound, you mean sound in games ? In 1.43 it definitely works fine. Seems he just didn't send you the latest code..

No luck to reach him anymore ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79Quote:
samo79 wrote:

I looked for him practically everywhere but I couldn't find him even on Facebook... if you have the sources maybe you could upload them on os4depot?

I seems to have better stalking skills than you, i found Per quite easily :)

I can pm you his facebook-profile to you if you want to.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smf

Quote:
I seems to have better stalking skills than you, i found Per quite easily :)

LOL

Thanks, but maybe you could simply post this thread to him, or in alternative simply ask him if he still has the sources... possibly he can even directly send his sources via mail to Steffen

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

I hate risking to disturb people but sure, i have sent him a message

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smf

Thanks, me too but it's for a good cause
Crossing fingers

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I've been using the GUI frontend of Snex9.x by HunoPPC and on my AmigaONE X5000/020 I run fullscreen without any frameskip and get 50fps. Been playing a lot of Super Metroid lately.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cageman
Quote:

When you launch it and you open a WB window juts click on the upper left of the window inner space it should show a red/green button:

Try ChaosEngine, for me it's very slow. Maybe i do something wrong of course, and need some special settings, dunno..

And you use only GUI frontend, or frontend + port itself ? And if so, which binary ? There is "compositing" based binaries as well, but they also didn't give me speedups in chaos engine for some reassons.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I use this one....

http://hunoppc.amiga-projects.net/con ... r-famicom-emulator-snes9x

And Chaos Engine runs fine for me. I can probably record a video of it later if you want?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have good news regarding the warpsnes sources.

Per responed to me on facebook.
He still have the sources and will try to resurrect his amigaone and have a look at the sources and fix an archive he can send to steffen or maybe even try to fix some of the stuff mentioned here.

Let's see if he steps in here himself later on and gives us good news

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smf
Better to not wait to fix anything, just ask for the latest soures to send , at least this way it theoreticaly possible he can made it. Fixing and co mean 99% nothing will happens, so at least sources .. Because those "yeah, will check when have time" we all know what mean :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TheMagicSNQuote:
TheMagicSN wrote:I just sent the WarpSNES Source-code to kas1e, who volunteered to work on the open bugs.

I volunteer to update the code to latest snes9x myselves. But might be not before the weekend that I work on that (I asked kas if he can get it running with recent compilers till then, and send me the code back then, after that I will work on updating to SNES9x 1.60 (please note might take some while due to high project load, but still that specific project is dear to me )

This is fantastic news, WarpSnes is really cool. The GUI is kept simple and the roms run smoothly. I too would be very happy if we could get the scaling problem under control. I would also volunteer to be a beta tester.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smf

Great news, I had little hope after all these years
Might you ask him if he also have the updated sources of all other emulators?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all,

@TheMagicSN,
Long time no Scene. :) , i hope everything is fine?

As smf said, i resurrected my old µA1 which i had disassembled as the powersupply was raided to get my parents mini-pc to work many moons ago, the timing now was just right to get the machine back working again, replaced the battery and connected all cables, and it started running again.

The last thing i did before shutting it down way back when, was making a clean update to OS 4.1 , so i spent yesterday downloading stuff and updating it a bit, also installing the new SDK 54.16 (is that the latest?) and tried to compile WarpSNES in order to make it workable before sending it to @TheMagicSN

That was a no-go, there was deprecated stuff in the dos library, Picasso96 and so on, so i did some changes to support it.

When it finally compiled, it just crashed when trying to play a rom. I debugged for 7-8 hours trying to understand what caused the problem and finally came to the conclusion that by just opening a screen and closing it, the crash would occur but there was nothing wrong, so i disabled the optimization flag (-O3) and, voilá it worked. Tried to use optimization (-O2) and it gave same problem. What actually happens with the optimization on, was that the call to open the window, would repeat endlessly so it would create 40-50 windows before crashing. Never experienced this before, anyone else had this?

Anyway long story short, i tried to attach a test-version, can you guys just see if this works? (may be slow since no optimization-flags are used due to the above mentioned)

Regarding the old 1.43 version, the readme is a bit unclear, actually about these changes:
--------------------------
Changes added by Per Johansson (amigan()comhem.se):
- Added amigainput support including button,axis and hats.
- Added native Amiga OS4 framework, ie no SDL dependency
- Added support for xadmaster.library (ie. support for zipped, gzipped games)
- Added keybindings
- Snapshots fixed (gamestates)
- Sound added
- Small gui added + different window modes
- Saves batterybackuped data correctly
- Additional small bugfixes
--------------------------

Sound added, yeah sounds weird but it just meant i added audio-support into my OS4-framework (the SDL-replacement)
Also the AmigaInput was back then a very special beast to get working, i looked in the code now and saw some special hacks to have it working at all and sometimes crash, versus not having it working at all, so it was a compromise. I assume things has changed since back then, so maybe i should remove the hacks and test with a usb-device.

So most of the above changes is about the framework and the gui, not the emulator in itself. However i found an email sent to @TheMagicSN where i mentioned i would send it once finished and cleaned up... Better late than never :D

Actually working on these emulators, primarily the framework and the gui and editing the gui to all emulators was madness work, so i decided at a later point to create a new system, together with Palombo Davide we created something we called "Katana" which basically was the framework + gui as an application and all the emulators was plugins (libraries) that were enumerated at runtime, so new emulators could be added without needing to change/recompile the main application.

That was the last work i did before it all halted.

I think we were quite close to release Katana (some distant memory about savestates not working with megaman 2?), i made plugins for the emulators that @TheMagicSN ported, and some more.

These were working back then:
amiNES
WarpSNES (1.50 was the latest version i compiled and used)
Sega Master System , Game Gear
Genesis / Megadrive (Dgen)
GenesisPlus (Optional plugin)
TGEmu (Nec PC-16)
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance

So i would rather prefer to actually update and finally release Katana, that way we can update the emulators without the need to make a new gui or gui-changes.

Btw, Not sure what to add to make the border black, on my system the border is always black, check this version and see if it's still the same problem.

Sorry for the ramblings, wrote this in the middle of the night while waiting for my account to be accepted. :)

Trying to add links and images below, fingers crossed it works.

Warpsnes 2023-11-20 testversion

Warpsnes Image

Katana Image

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Olle

Thanks for your work and I guess the return ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Olle

Welcome back
Yeah i remember Katana, i was there when Davide showed it as a preview at Pianeta Amiga .. many years ago
Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Olle

Welcome back!
If you share your code we can fix it in few minutes/hours.
There's obviously something wrong, optimization crash is only a side effect.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 11 »