Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 143

orgin, trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga books: from Vultures to VAMPIRES video review with Trevors introduction
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi All!

I think some of you may find it interesting: i made a short video about Trevor/David's books “from Vultures to VAMPIRES”, in which show both volumes in hard paper,
briefly explain how much of the content in each volume are OS4 centric, with usual subtitles and some funny music on top of it.

But the most appealing part probably a video introduction from Trevor himself, where he explains how long he works on it, how it was, etc.

Briefly says, while Volume1 wasn't too much "os4 only" (because it covers post died commodore times, and the remain 100 pages of the volume1 are quite interesting and about Amiga NG times),
the Volume2 is probably 70-80% AmigaNG centric (that include also MorphOS as well, but still AmigaOS4 covered most as probably the most drama were always with OS4 :) )

So thanks for watching, and big fat thanks to Trevor, probably the one because of who we still there with our X5000 and X1000 :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Amiga books: from Vultures to VAMPIRES video review with Trevors introduction
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks for the Video @Kas1e

Ordered the book!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Re: Amiga books: from Vultures to VAMPIRES video review with Trevors introduction
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have just finished reading the second volume and I really enjoyed the read. I did not know quite a number of details and I found it very interesting.
Now I wonder if there is/will be an hard cover of the volume three. I really want to read it, but I would prefer a physical version rather than the ebook version.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skateman
They worth reading for sure

@abalaban
David says that he sent Volume 3 to the printers, and he has just been advised they should take delivery in September. So waiting for volume3 as well, as it will be probably the most interesting volume in terms of AmigaOS4 and NG in whole.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have Volume 1 as an Ebook. But ordered Vol 2 today as a hardcopy. Will be delivered end of Sept.

Thanks again!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I wonder if will be published a trilogy and what will be spreaded about a1222, it seems another amiga odissey.

I prefer ebook version with kindle reader.

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
David says that he sent Volume 3 to the printers, and he has just been advised they should take delivery in September.
Sounds perfect - I'm hoping to buy volumes 2 and 3 (with personal dedications) at Amiga38 in Mönchengladbach in October . I bought the first volume there last year.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache
Quote:

Sounds perfect - I'm hoping to buy volumes 2 and 3 (with personal dedications) at Amiga38 in Mönchengladbach in October . I bought the first volume there last year.

While first volume is good too, the second one surely better, as the first one again cover things we know / heard about back in days, but whole "NG" stories sometime missed or just wasn't ever documented anywhere. So volume2 is surely better (for my IMHO of course), and the 3st one, will be even much better, as will cover our current NG times.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Having seen the video I think I'd like all three now but probably e-reader. I'm not much of a reader and so many books i've bought just end up on the shelf not read.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
While first volume is good too, the second one surely better, as the first one again cover things we know / heard about back in days, but whole "NG" stories sometime missed or just wasn't ever documented anywhere. So volume2 is surely better (for my IMHO of course), and the 3st one, will be even much better, as will cover our current NG times.

That's my hope as well. I'm mostly interested in the AmigaOS 4 story so Volume 3 is the one I've been looking forward to the most. I hope it ships soon!

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Got the volume3 few weeks ago : this one of the same good quality as the vol1 and vol2 ones, but this time cover years from 2010 till 2023. As always there are quite a lot of OS4 content, but some chapters not OS4 based as you may expect (at least since 2010 all those FPGAs, Minimigs, Vampires, Apollos and co arise). While i was a bit in hope for more NG content in all fronts (even about Morphos can be a lot more and better, it wasn't covered very well), but Trevor wrote about his own interests which cover everything, so..

In summary, we have there about 100 pages of OS4 only content: Chapter 1 (35 pages amounts) almost fully OS4 centric, Chapter 5 were about whole Amiga thing since 2020: 15 pages about everything, and 15 pages of pure OS4 stuff, and Chapter 6 were about 40 pages and almost everything was about OS4 (with some bits about Morphos progress and OS3.2 progress). Other 200 pages is about Apollo, FPGA, Minimig, MYST, Pi, Vampire, modern classic extensions and expansions, repliques to classics and co which wasn't of interest for me. But for most of us (those who in interest in Amiga NG and mostly in OS4), 100 pages of quite interesting content which is well deserve to spend on the book ! Yes, i think there is too much of all this "apollo/vampire" fits in, while this space can be used for at least if not only for os4, but also for morphos, but 1/3 of book is OS4 based, which is quite cool.

Thanks to Trevor to spend all his time to writing all this! Can't imagine how much of time 3 volumes takes and how much energy it sucked from Trevor's life.

PS. And btw, yeah, in Chapter 6 there are few pages dedicated to a1222 as were expected.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the review I'll looking forward to receiving mine

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Where can one purchase these as ebooks? I don't see them for sale on Amazon, which is typically where I try to find things (in order to have them consolidated in my Kindle library).

Go to top

Register To Post