Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 79

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »
Re: AmigaOS port of libsmb2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

I would opt for pinging the IP adress first

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sure, but his issue was that smb2fs can't resolve host names, when the actual problem is probably that the host name he tried is not reachable from that machine at all.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
With the older smbfs, I've found that you need to have the host with the share listed in the local machine's Internet settings, Hostnames (i.e. the hosts file in Devs:Internet/). Otherwise it often won't connect.

Maybe the same is the case with smb2?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Smb2-handler uses regular gethostbyname() from bsdsocket.library to resolve the host name into an IP address (same as ssh2-handler).

To avoid having to use IP addresses I have on my computers in DEVS:Internet/hosts (/etc/hosts on linux) the host names and corresponding static IP addresses of machines on my local network.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I noted that files dates and times are not preserved,
ie the file date and time on destination are the date and time at
the moment of copy and not the originals.

Are there a way to preserve them?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pvanni

No, not yet. The reason is that smb2-handler doesn't support either utime() or utimens() FUSE operations as I have not find a way to implement them using libsmb2.

As a result any call to IDOS->SetDate() will result in ERROR_ACTION_NOT_KNOWN.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I too have this problem. Does Active=1 work for anyone?

thanks
Dave

@trgsweQuote:
trgswe wrote:@salass00

... i have the active=1 in the tooltypes but when booting the
samba share isn't mounted and can't be mounted either

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@davec555

Not working for me as well.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trgswe

Quote:

...i have the active=1 in the tooltypes but when booting the
samba share isn't mounted and can't be mounted either

When you say "booting" do you mean that you have it auto-mounted from DEVS:DOSDrivers? If so it will not work because this is too early and there is no usable network connection yet.

Maybe in a later version I will make it keep trying every x seconds to connect if it fails the first time, but right now it only makes one attempt at connecting to the share and if that fails it gives up.

To get more information on why it is failing you have to capture the serial debug output using sashimi/dumpdebugbuffer or a null-modem cable.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The sensible way of mounting a network share is to do it from Network-Startup after the AddNetInterface line. I do that (with the old SMBFS and SMBMounter) by first having a line with "Wait 5 secs", then "GetNetStatus CHECK INTERFACES,RESOLVER,DEFAULTROUTE". This is not necessarily 100%, but works for me almost always. If WARN, I quit with a warning requester. Otherwise I move on to whatever I want to do with the network (e.g. fetching time via NTP). For the SMB share, I have this section:

CD
WBRun SMBMounter
CD SYS:

(I could also have used PCD, but since I know my current dir was SYS: at the start, I simplified it.)

SMBMounter is of course configured to automount whichever share I want up at startup.

Edit: BTW, can SMBMounter be used with the new SMB2?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
nbache wrote:With the older smbfs, I've found that you need to have the host with the share listed in the local machine's Internet settings, Hostnames (i.e. the hosts file in Devs:Internet/). Otherwise it often won't connect.

Maybe the same is the case with smb2?

We need definitelly IP adress, but there is more options.

Modern wifi routers ( I have Turris Omnia ) can be easily by one click configured like local DNS server.

Moreover, you cannot configure anything, only set own hostname and DHCP network setup on all local computers.
All works automatically, you must setup the router DNS only if you want more detailed setting, like exact IP address for my Amiga X1000 192.168.1.111 , limit the pool of adresses, deny of certain MACs, etc...

It is much more easier than setup and maintain classic DNS server like bind. And easier than maintain /../hosts on every computer.
With this we can access all computers via hostname, all names are translated via DNS request and it works the same way with libsmb2.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what to do before using libsmb2, please?

The readme says to use my share like this:
smb://[<domain;][<username>[:<password>]()]<host>[:<port>]/<share>/<path>

I don't have a smb: set up right now

...and can't I just use my ip address as with smbfs (which I'm using)?

Thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Based on this info, I leave ACTIVATE=0 set, but add the following line to s:Network-Startup and the drive icons now appear on WB automatically on boot.

DiskChange <mountname:>

...replacing <mountname:> with the appropriately assigned mountname. I replicate that line for each share I want to mount.

Dave

@nbacheQuote:
nbache wrote:The sensible way of mounting a network share is to do it from Network-Startup after the AddNetInterface line. I do that (with the old SMBFS and SMBMounter) by first having a line with "Wait 5 secs", then "GetNetStatus CHECK INTERFACES,RESOLVER,DEFAULTROUTE". This is not necessarily 100%, but works for me almost always. If WARN, I quit with a warning requester. Otherwise I move on to whatever I want to do with the network (e.g. fetching time via NTP). For the SMB share, I have this section:

CD
WBRun SMBMounter
CD SYS:

(I could also have used PCD, but since I know my current dir was SYS: at the start, I simplified it.)

SMBMounter is of course configured to automount whichever share I want up at startup.

Edit: BTW, can SMBMounter be used with the new SMB2?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So what I did, was go in to Devs/DosDrivers and duplicated IDF0 and renamed to the name I wanted the share to appear as.
I then edited the file to remove what was there and added the info specified in the Readme for smb2fs, with the Startup entry reading:
Startup = "smb://<yourusername>:<yourp ... are>/<sharename> VOLUME=<nameofshareonamiga>"

as far as I know, I only have smb2fs installed and running (ie, no old versions)

Dave

@RazielQuote:
Raziel wrote:@all

smb://[<domain;][[:]()][:]//

Thank you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@davec555

Thank you

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Raziel wrote:@all

smb://[<domain;][[:]()][:]//

Thank you

A little note, instead of () you must use @

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni

Thank you too.

I did all of this and end up with a volume which i cannot access (cd object not found)

May it be because i have the same share already available through smbfs or hsould they be able to exist happily beside each other?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If I understand correctly, FileSysbox should handle the translation from UTF-8 to the local (latin-1) charset. Does this also work on AmigaOS 4?

I have a share with some non latin-1 chars (music files) that only works correctly with smbfs (the old one) on AmigaOS 4. Both ssh2-handler and smb2fs-handler cannot handle the UTF-8 filenames.

Filesnames are correct with the latest filesysbox and smb2-handler on my Amiga with a 68020 and AmigaOS 3.2.1.

Filesysbox.library has the version 54.9 on my Amiga X5000.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

Thanks for contributing the OS3 port. One of our readers asked, if SMBMounter still works with this new version?

https://aminet.net/package/comm/net/SMBMounter

Thanks!

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Probably not, since smbfs is a command line program, while smb2-handler is a file system handler that uses Mount command and a mountlist file.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »