Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My AmigaONE when the X1000 comes...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have been thinking a bit about this... If I can afford - and justify - buying the X1000 this coming summer, my trusty Micro will not be used anymore.

So I have given some thought to these solutions...

1. I could sell directly to another user.

2. A dealer - perhaps Amigakit - could take my Micro as trade-in discount for the X1000 and sell it refurbished.

I believe a Micro could still be an interesting machine for some people. I have put 512 meg in mine and with a new graphics card, well

3. I could do a Trevor and offer it free to a developer in exchange for some nice and brand new software for OS4.

Well, that's the options, really. What do you guys think? Have you thought about giving your "old" AmigaONE up, when the new machine is here?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: My AmigaONE when the X1000 comes...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Skov

Option 2 and 3 might seem a good opinion. It certainly's worth trying. If not, then let your Micro go under the Classified section of net sites like this one, eventual
EBay or something like that. Many are doing that..

You still have one more month to keep these things in mind

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

I am very happy with my Amiga One XE 800 Mhz and I never give up.you must conserve the Micro to put in good use and then buy the nearly coming AmigaOneX1000,yes.

Doing so you can test software on both machines having different tastes of the thing.

How do you see now man?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've been pondering that myself - what to do with my A1-XE. I'd love to hold onto it, but with 4 towers currently living under my desk, I simply don't have the space for a 5th, so I'd probably have to sell the A1... And, with the X1000 on the market I'm sure the price of A1s will drop significantly... Still, I guess loaning it to a developer is a good option!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skov

I personally would loan it to a developer cause we can all benefit from new software ..but if you really need the money to buy the X1000 then sell it on ebay is your best bet

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

I think the trick if you go the route of selling it, is to sell it now, rather than after the X1000 is out. I sold my '060 towered A4000 when the A1 was starting to look really likely to come true. There was still a good market and decent prices at that point for an '060 4000.

It meant falling back to Amiga Forever for a while, which drove me nuts. But it also meant I could afford to buy the A1-XE.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skov

What do you guys think?
Would the 'Paper - Rock - Scissors' decision engine work? =:o

Have you thought about giving your "old" AmigaONE up, when the new machine is here?
A "Rock" solid NO. I'm going to save my "Paper" money for awhile. I'll give the X1000 a year's trial before even thinking about a purchase. My A1 is good for another year!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I know what i will do. No planning. Just buy the damn thing, play with it and then if it does what i want probably sell my A1.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

I love your impulsive plan, my friend! This is what we are talking about!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post