Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
MiniGL related question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Trying to compile something which have glTexImage1D() and glTexCoord1f() functions. But i can't compile it at all (libgl.a does not have these funcs). I just have that source code:

Quote:

#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h>
main()
{
glTexImage1D(GL_TEXTURE_1D,0,3,32,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,NULL);
glTexCoord1f(0);

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_1D,0,3,32,32,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,NULL);
glTexCoord2f(0,0);
}

Compiling string:

Quote:

gcc test.c -o test -lGL -lGLU

And i have:

Quote:

/tmp/ccHe5vI0.o: In function `main':
test.c:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `glTexImage1D'
test.c:(.text+0x44): undefined reference to `glTexCoord1f'

So, the first 2 fucntions (with 1d/1f) - not present in libgl.a, but two others (2d/2f) are here. Any hint how fix that ?

That all need me becouse i trying to port some funny game, and have problems with these 2 unresolved fucntions (but for game itself it was like "not defined in that scope"), and because of it i trying just compile it as test binary, and see that these fucntions are not present at all ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: MiniGL related question
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

you can't fix them.. (ATM)

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Any workaround maybe ? (like replace these functions on other OGL ones, but which will do the same) ?

Did all of this mean, that these fucntions just not implemented in the minigl/ogl ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

The 1D texture functions will be included in minigl.library version 2.2 IIRC, but are not present in the current version.

I would wait ashort while if I were you If you must compile it now, you can emulate the 1D functions with 1 pixel wide 2D textures.....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

There has been plans for a long time about the mesa port and dropping warp3d. Are these just plans still? or is there any work being made on this?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

The answer as usual "when it's done". But imho, Hyperion itself must spend their time into SDL and MESA ports and make it as default for os4. Because then it will be help a lot for bringing more and many modern and normal software.

@afxgroup
I grab new includes and libmgl.a from the trank, and it's now compiles ok. But, it's just crashes becouse public minigl.library does not have these funcs => crash. We try with Mick compile new version, but it's just give us black screen and crash :)

@hans
Have you any planes-date to release minigl2.2 ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
i also compiled the latest trunk and i must say that iam having no problems at all with it. Maybe u fire up wookie and send that stuff to me for testing other ppl already asking bots where u are :)

@Hans
Absolutely awesome work you're doing, again new Features for MiniGL and TONS of Bugfixes. Thank you 4 that respectful work !!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hans

We compile trank's minig.library fine, and we noticed that it's slower about 30% if compared with version 2.1 (it's pretty visibly on the games, which on the 2.1 faster, and on 2.2 slower). Maybe it's becouse upcoming update is need it for ?

But all those functions about i talk, works fine with 2.2 :) I read changelog -> you did the good work. Looks like MiniGL will matured enough soon and we will not need mesa ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@afxgroup
I grab new includes and libmgl.a from the trank, and it's now compiles ok. But, it's just crashes becouse public minigl.library does not have these funcs => crash. We try with Mick compile new version, but it's just give us black screen and crash :)

Libmgl.a isn't in the SVN repository, so if it was already there, then it's an old version. Some of the header files have changed, so if you update to the latest sources, be sure to do a "make clean" before you build MiniGL (a simple "make").

Quote:

@hans
Have you any planes-date to release minigl2.2 ?

Yes I do plan to release MiniGL 2.2, but I can't give you a solid release date yet.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

You answer faster than i post last post :)

btw, one more question: I think you know about that nasty bug with window-mode in the SDL+GL apps ? SDL only apps works fine in window mode, OGL apps works fine in window mode too. But when it's "combo" then not. I try to looks at SDL sources right now (in hope to fix that), but maybe you know some more details about already ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@hans

We compile trank's minig.library fine, and we noticed that it's slower about 30% if compared with version 2.1 (it's pretty visibly on the games, which on the 2.1 faster, and on 2.2 slower). Maybe it's becouse upcoming update is need it for ?

I'm surprised to hear about the slowdown. I haven't noticed that myself. Please try the following:
dumpdebugbuffer ram:log.txt

and let me know if there is any debug output in the log file (there shouldn't be).

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

With debug version or with normal one ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
btw, one more question: I think you know about that nasty bug with window-mode in the SDL+GL apps ? SDL only apps works fine in window mode, OGL apps works fine in window mode too. But when it's "combo" then not. I try to looks at SDL sources right now (in hope to fix that), but maybe you know some more details about already ?

Yes, that bug has been in SDL far too long. SDL's MiniGL code is rather unfinished. Windowed mode was never implemented, and the code to set the screen mode doesn't work particularly well either. MiniGL 2.2 has an extra function or two that makes managing external buffers easier. Andy (a.k.a. broadblues) wrote that code, so ask him for help if you're unsure how to use it.

I have hardly ever touched the SDL source-code, so I can't give much advice. I was always hoping that someone else would fix the SDL issues (and add compositing based blending for 2D apps) so that I could focus on my RadeonHD driver. It would be great if you had a look at the SDL GL code, although you may wish to talk to a guy with the nick HunoPPC over on AW.net, who has also made some changes to the SDL code.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Hans

With debug version or with normal one ?

With whatever you're using right now. The slow down may be due to fixes that eliminate certain rendering bugs at the cost of speed. It is worth checking if debug output was left on by mistake, or something silly like that.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

dumpdebugbuffer say nothing (i run game, exit, then dump = nothing, only some init strings which looks ok). But you can try yourself any game which show FPS in realtime, on minigl2.1 and on 2.2.

Quote:

Yes, that bug has been in SDL far too long. SDL's MiniGL code is rather unfinished. Windowed mode was never implemented, and the code to set the screen mode doesn't work particularly well either. MiniGL 2.2 has an extra function or two that makes managing external buffers easier. Andy (a.k.a. broadblues) wrote that code, so ask him for help if you're unsure how to use it.

Ok, it's sorted out a bit.. So, window mode was never implemented.. And with 2.2 version it will be easyly to implement. Thanks, will talk with Andy. Not sure that i can add all that composting stuff (if it's hard enough), but i want to add window mode for now..

@broadblues
check please PM on AW.new

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Hans

dumpdebugbuffer say nothing (i run game, exit, then dump = nothing, only some init strings which looks ok). But you can try yourself any game which show FPS in realtime, on minigl2.1 and on 2.2.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:

Ok, it's sorted out a bit.. So, window mode was never implemented.. And with 2.2 version it will be easyly to implement. Thanks, will talk with Andy. Not sure that i can add all that composting stuff (if it's hard enough), but i want to add window mode for now..

Just getting SDL + GL working as it should would be great. The compositing stuff is irrelevant for OpenGL apps. However, it would provide a big performance boost for 2D games that use alpha blending. Right now alpha blending is done in software.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@hans

I just found the problem; the makefile had -o3 instead of -O3, so the code wasn't being optimized. I've just fixed this so just do:
svn update
make clean
make

and your copy will be faster again. Thanks for spotting this issue.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Yeah, we tested that, and now it's ok. It's a bit more faster even if compare with public 2.1 version (maybe there was also no -O3 right flag).

Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/22 20:12:31
Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/22 20:54:28
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
My experience with ioQuake3 on Sam440 would possibly seem to confirm your observations.

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/12/22 21:53:23
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Looks like we messed somethinkg, i compare tests with neverputt and neveball. With the correct tests, Peg2 a bit faster (one few fps) on boch games. Sorry for mistake.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »