Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 94

VooDoo, kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
I am back ;-) (xMame 1.06 release)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi!

After a long absence from the Amiga scene I am now with the release of the new version of xMame for OS 4 officially back. You can download it at os4depot.

At that place I want to say "thanks" to all the people who emailed me, and especially to Davide Palombo who did not cease to email me about xMame and got me into it again.

Actually this version might be a "short-lived" one, it is based on xMame 0.106, and I am quite far on a new Mame OS 4 port based on Mame 0.123 already. But as the new port is basing on a complete new codetree (xMame is discontinued on Linux) I cannot tell for sure when this new version will be released. But definitely it won't take as long as last time !!! Promised !!!

xMame for OS 4 1.06 is tested only by external testers, as I currently have no working Amiga. But seems it does it's job

There might be a new WarpSNES in some time as well, but no promise there at the moment. I am also thinking of updating the Mess port.

I left the old binaries on os4depot as some people might want the old version still, due to compatibility with old rom files.

"Neogeo-only" and "cps-only" versions won't exist anymore, the new codetrees (both 0.106 and 0.123) do not allow those anymore. So for such games you need to run the full version of mame now (I left the old versions of NeoMame and CpsMame in place though).

Steffen Haeuser
tirionareonwe@gmail.com <- note my recent email address

Go to top
Re: I am back ;-) (xMame 1.06 release)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MagicSN

"You da man!"

Great news!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

Thanks a lot for this release

hope you will receive feedback and help for the 'slow' speed on SAM I have read recently on another thread.

Too bad you haven't a real amiga Maybe a bounty could help you to buy a part of it because Mane is verry important on the amiga world.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MagicSN

Thanks Friend

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Welcome back!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN
Then some feadbacks :)

For first, binary have 60mb of size ! Its very heavy for sure (i think you just not strip all debug stuff , etc).

For second its crashes on my peg2/aos4.1 :(

I just crete directory xmamegui. Unpack all files to it. Create directory ROMS: in it. Put neo-geo and metal-slug roms to this directory. Run xmamegui, have in list MetulSlug and Neo-Geo roms. Choice anythink, start mame, and have after 5 seconds output window with:

warning: no mixer plugins available
error: unknown option bpp, on line 2 of file: Mame:xmamerc
ignoring line
error: unknown option scanlines, on line 6 of file: Mame:xmamerc
ignoring line
error: unknown option sound, on line 18 of file: Mame:xmamerc
ignoring line
error: unknown option mouse, on line 25 of file: Mame:xmamerc
ignoring line

Then DSI. If i press Ignore DSI errors, output window have many words about bad sound to NULL, and in end its fully by garbage and stop working.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MagicSN

Unfortunately new xMame not work in my A1:

"warning: no mixer plugins available
ignoring line
ignoring line
ignoring line
ignoring line"

BTW! xMameGUI in archive 0.12. Last version xMameGUI - 0.14.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Too bad when author not have real hardware :( (cant test it deeply)
ps. where i can download previous (working) version of xMame ? Os4depot have new one already and overwrite old ones

@magicsn , you need create a bounty for 500Eur , it will be more or less enough for buy a a1 or sam or peg2 :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
You sure you guys aren't expecting too much here?

as in, will take some configuring to get it up and running?

I always feel sorry for the people who port stuff and then are expected to troubleshoot it in regards to actually running the software with all the bells and whistles too, really, porting stops at compiling a working executable as far as I'm concerned

I downloaded the files and won't come back into this thread till I have a look at it... which could be a week away... then I'll let you know if it works or not

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I highly suspect potential two issues:

1. a non-compatible config file (might be partially my mistake, I included the one from the old version, I will ask my tester to provide his config file for me, which worked fine)
2. Not enough stack (try 2000000)

Another thing is: Did you run it from GUI or shell? If GUI, try from Shell, I think my tester ran it from Shell.

As it worked on other Amiga's it cannot be a principial problem with the exe. A snoopdos log sent to my private email might also help.

About my Amiga, I have an A1, but there seems to be some problem with it, it does no longer work :( BTW: Are Peg2 still available anywhere?

Steffen

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Did you do the Mame: assign and also create all the required directories (Mame:cfg, Mame:roms, etc.) ? From your description I suspect that not. If this is not done it will not work.

That os4depot overwrote it comes to me in a surprise BTW. I gave it by purpose a different filename so it is not overwritten.

Steffen

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Well, the problem is even testing it deeply with having the hardware won't help, if I have the correct config, and the guy where it does not run doesn't config it correctly (which is what I highly suspect)

This is how a correct Mame Setup looks:

Mame:
artwork/
Bkup/
Ctlr/
Data/
Docs/
Lang/
Prvc/
Roms/
Samples/
Snap/
Undo/

xMame.SDL

Note: This is from an old version, some directories might differ in the recent one. You might download the Binary version from Windows or Linux to get those Directories.

Well, next time I will include the directory structure of the data files, promised

Steffen

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MagicSN

Fantastic news, I've been waiting this for long, I will now test it :) Thanks for your effort!

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN
I create layot of dirs as you said, then soft reboot, then just do:

New Shell process 1

1.RAM Disk:> cd work:mame

1.Work:mame> stack 20000000

1.Work:mame> assign mame: work:mame

1.Work:mame> xmame.SDL

ignoring line
ignoring line
ignoring line
ignoring line
loading rom 0: pacman.6e
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 1: pacman.6f
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 2: pacman.6h
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 3: pacman.6j
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 4: pacman.5e
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 5: pacman.5f
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 6: 82s123.7f
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 7: 82s126.4a
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 8: 82s126.1m
pacmanpuckmanloading rom 9: 82s126.3m
pacmanpuckmandone
pacman.6e NOT FOUND
pacman.6f NOT FOUND
pacman.6h NOT FOUND
pacman.6j NOT FOUND
pacman.5e NOT FOUND
pacman.5f NOT FOUND
82s123.7f NOT FOUND
82s126.4a NOT FOUND
82s126.1m NOT FOUND
82s126.3m NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
rom_init failed
input_port_init failed
code_init failed
osd_init failed
cpuexec_init failed
memory_init failed
cpuint_init failed
video_init failed
Unable to start machine emulation
Unable to start video emulation
Unable to start sound emulation

And have DSI. (i think if somethink wrong, programm must be exit without DSI?).

ps. I just download right now XNeoMame from os4depot (version 0.97), it plays MetulSlug, ShockTroopers, etc in somethink like 50fps (cool). Very playbale, only what i miss, its what when i do #incert coinc# i cant press start, and must to wayt whyle 30 seconds is over before start to play. In games inself keys works ok (maybe all of this becouse of old version ?)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Well, try running it with a rom, not without parameters. About the DSI I still suspect something wrong about the settings, my tester could run games without problems. It MIGHT also be that the old problem of xmame (crash when run without a rom) is back. Not 100% sure if my tester tried it without running a game, with just the exe name.

The output you posted seems to indicate that it tries to start the emulation despite not been able to load the rom files (probably you do not have the rom files for pacman - which Mame uses as default game if the user did not supply the name of the game he wants to play - installed ^^).

I wrote my tester if he could email me his config, though, so I could make it available on os4depot for easy installation.

Steffen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MagicSN

Rigth now remove from condig file packpan, then add stack 200000 to the icon of xmamegui, then try to run it, and it works ! :) Play in MetulSlag right now.

But can said that loading of game with new xmame longer (of compare for example with xneomame 0.97). No so, but i think on 5 or so seconds more.
Also still cant press @push start@ when insert coins, and must to wait 30 seconds for begining (its a normal ? the same for win32 version?)

The good news, that with new xmame i can load MortalKombat3 (with old one its said somethink not-found and blablab). But fps are low (7-8) and again, unpossible to start game becouse push start keys not work when intro happenes :)

ps. Also Gui of xmame said in header: version of august05 2008 (i think you just do not change stat from previus one?)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
To anyone in interest, i make a little youtube-video (9mins), which show in action MetalSlug1 and ShockTroopers (for first boch games in window-mode with Smooth filter and in end with the same filter metal-slug in full-screen mode). These games are neo-geo's , so, need correct (other) roms.

Video done on my peg2/aos4.1, so, fps are good :)

There is

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I have the "failed to load ROM/file missing" crash as well. It happens with an old romset which doesn't have all the required files in it. I guess you can reproduce it this way: unzip the romset inthe ROMs directory, make sure that all the files are inside a directory with the zip filename (e.g. bombjack/), then move one/more files out of the directory. Crashlog is here: http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.ph ... ction=view&crashlogid=205

Another question: I have defined a 320x256 screen in my monitor's driver tooltype, but I see that xMame opens a 32 bit screen. How do I define a 16bit screenmode?

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I get a 404 reply with Getvideo.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
wahh! xmame now is SDL? In the earlier days there was an Amiga version of mame that ran quite well on old CSPPCs with slow 604e CPUs. Many games from the 80's to the earlier 90's ran at full speed and made a lot of fun to me. But I do not know a single SDL-based program as primitive as possible that runs at reasonable speed on an old CSPPC. I am afraid that even an SDL-based "Hello World!" would overcharge my A4k.

So I will not give this port of xMame a try at all unless someone tells me I was wrong.

Regards,
Ruediger

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »