Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga server?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is it possible to set up the amiga as an server? If so what programs to use and is it very difficult to set it up?

X5000
Go to top
Re: Amiga server?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Server of what? files, web server, FTP?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Setting up a webserver on AmigaOS 4 with Apache is a piece of cake. Just follow the instructions in the readme.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

I use apache on 0S4 quite regularly for testing php webcode, It works well for a while. Then I start to find that images and other emebeded obects in the page start getting "stuck" the conection is made but the file somehow never served. So for testing with regular resets it works well, but for real server usage, not at the moment.

68k apache wroked better I recall but it's along time since I used that, still only for local testing, as my A1200 was always on dialup.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Maybe it's related to the PHP? I use Apache on OS4 24/7/365, just for serving family photos to a small number of family and friends, but only with static HTML or even just Apache's "raw" dir listings. I rarely see such problems. I do reboot on average once a day, I guess, either to install new betatest material or test translated catalogs (I'm an OS4 beta tester and translator) or for other similar reasons. But in between reboots Apache just runs happily in the background for up to several days.

I also run a Samba server on the same machine for a couple of other local machines (my wife's Win XP laptop and my Linux/Oracle Enterprise database server -- which is just an old PC I installed CentOS 5 and Oracle Enterprise 11g on for fun). Samba is also working quite well with no interference needed and no disturbances felt.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

For HTTP, there is also BlackWidow on os4depot. Lightweight, works like a charm, and very easy to setup with its own GUI, I sometimes use it to serve files like photos on my PC.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Unfortunately we're still missing an up to date MySQL port (don't know if the older 68k ones work, because I never tried), which means that you can't run most CMS systems on Amiga OS 4.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I want to use the server to keep images and text files for my manager program. So i can just find the files on the server,so people only need to download the exe file and not all the images and text files aswell.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

So an FTP server then...

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Valiant

Do you know where i can find documentation etc on how to connect and retrieve data from the net/ftp?

X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Antique

you can use also my port of GoAhead WebServer
is the lightest in the world..

i'm really tired...
Go to top

Register To Post