Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

I am using a Gigabyte pci-e Radeon 4650

works on uboot and AOS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What driver do I need for R7 240? I have Radeon HD 3.7 and Radeon Rx 2.12?

System will boot fine, I can move mouse but when I try to open partition or anything system will freeze instantly 😔.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@PixelHI

If you have seen "amigaos4" logo while booting, and even workbench loads up, then it means you use correct driver already.

It can be that lockup happens because of FAN not working , or sliding off from the CPU. When i have my not working, the system freezes right after i start to navigate the workbench.

Of course, it can be an issue with the GFX card itself, but less possible, as most of them were tested and works.

It also can be an issue with your Sata card : or the settings in the uboot for, or the card itself with the “bad” driver for. I remember Max says that some Sata cards works as expected, but some are known to be buggy with their drivers (on all hardware).

Will be nice to have serial cable plugged on, to see if kernel threw anything to serial when everything freezes.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have r7 240 and 250, both behave the same and both tested under Windows. It's not a GPU.

I replaced Radeon HD and added RadeonRX to SD card with AmigaOS... and now it will actually show instalation screen for my 7750... (apparently included driver is not working). When I swap to Radeon Rx system will boot from SD card, but it will freeze when I try to open / do anything.

I have no idea what is an issue here.

EDIT: AmigaOS on SD is not modified, and I did not use SATA interface (I disconected all device) and it still froze.

BTW. I wrote it using Odyssey :).

Edited by PixelHi on 2023/1/28 21:40:33
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PixelHi

I cannot get my Biostar RX550 to work at all in the SAM460LE but it works fine in my X5040.

I was having weirdness with my graphics. If you read above, I would pulldown the little arrow on Odyssey, it would immediately freeze. When I used SysMon, the CPU would peg at 100%. I could not install Amistore because it would freeze immediately. Ztools wouldn't even find the GPX even though Ranger saw it I started from scratch again and used the CD and then installed Enhancer 2.1 and it. At that time, I was able to install Amistore and then able to open update and update the system and updater to update enhancer. It was then it started acting properly. However, my RX550 still does not display Uboot or Amiga4.1 screen.

The card that works is a Radeon R9 280 Sapphire.

It has been very stable now.

Maybe my X5000 files got mixed with the SAM460? Are Enhancers specific? I used the disk that i got in my AAA package suppose to be for the 1222 but I don't see anything that says 1222 specific.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m3x

Thanks for your assistance .

Finally got My Sam460ex up and running today.

For some reason I cant get the Sam460ex to boot using the replacement U-Boot eeprom from A-Cube with U-boot 2015-b.
The image is good as I saved it and used it to re flash my original eeprom which allows the Sam460 to boot.

Also have the problem of no boot with my oldest eeprom from a damaged Sam460ex. this I also flashed with the same U-boot image form the newest ACube replacement that works with the original eeprom. Weird .

Took this long to get a eeprom programmer then further delay
in getting the PLCC-32 Socket to DIP-32 Adapter that was not actually included .
UPS also misplaced the incoming replacement eeprom from Acube for about a month.

Quote:
m3x wrote:@klapdeur and all

we'll send a replacement uboot bios to all affected users.
Just send an email to info@acube-systems.com with your board serial number and full shipping address.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m3x

Did some more testing today.

Re flashed an AT4BV040B from a Sam440ep-flex with Uboot 2015.b and that works .
Seems that that actual working eeprom from yesterday was actually from the old Sam460ex board and not the current one .

So Working eeproms

-----------------------------------------------
ATMEL AT4BV040B
JU
(From Sam440ef-Flex)
----------------------------------------------
ATMEL AT4BV040B
JU
(From Old Sam460ex)
---------------------------------------------

Not Working

----------------------------------------------
ATMEL AT4BV040B
JU
(From Current Sam460ex)
SST39lF040
55-4C-NHE
214274C
(Replacement from Acube)

Edited by Spectre660 on 2023/3/18 1:13:07
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

You used an offline programmer to program the flash devices?

Did you also verify the devices after programming? (read back its contents and compare with the loadfile)

At least the ATMEL AT4BV040B contains a bootblock protection which prohibits erase/write when the protection is enabled.

There's only one version of the ATMEL AT4BV040B (except for package options). So if the ATMEL AT4BV040B has been programmed and verified, then there should be no reason why they do not work in a sam460. Unless there is a timing or voltage issue that shows up as a batch related issue.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

Yes same write then verify process for all 3 chips with an offline programmer.
2 work and 1 does not .
also the replacement SST39lF040 chip from ACube does not.
Reads ok as I copied the contents and used to flash the 3
ATMEL AT4BV040B chips.

So your theories re "timing or voltage issue that shows up as a batch related issue" are on the table.

The update process for two of my ATMEL AT4BV040B failed with the ACube updater .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does anyone here has any experience with MorphOS on the Sam460? I can't install MorphOS because it doesn't boot neither via CD nor SD card. This is what I get from the serial terminal:

MorphOS boot loader version 1.10
Booting from HDIMG0
Trying to load "bootsam_ppc4x0.img" from "HDIMG0:"...
Loaded "bootsam_ppc4x0.img" from "HDIMG0:", booting...

So Uboot recognizes MorphOS on the boot media and tries to execute it, but it looks as if the installer either stops right after "booting..." or it just isn't displaying via my GPU. I have a Radeon X1950 XT which is supported by MorphOS. I tried both DVI ports but all I get is a blank screen after the ACube logo vanishes.

Any suggestions or ideas what the problem is?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skygecko

I think the device id of your card is not included in the drivers. Send an email to bigfoot.

Fyi see this thread on morphzone
https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/ ... _id=11733&forum=11#128498

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is great, I'll send him a PM! I hope he's still able to help since the thread is from 2016...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skygecko

Don't worry. I've had the same problemen on my x5000 last year, and bigfoot solved it very quickly.

Better use email though. His email address is in his profile on morphzone.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I already got his replay but he says that the device ID of my GPU is already supported at least since 2019...

I have a PowerColor X1950 Pro Extreme which was a very famous GPU back then so this is not surprising.

However, that was a good shot but still did not solve my problem :(

Of course, I could try another supported GPU, but the question will stay the same: Why is it not working with this card? (And there's still the possibility that the problem is something else and and I will get the same blank screen with another GPU).

Edit: I got also got the information from him that if MorphOS boots but doesn't find any supported GPU, you'll get this on the serial port:

!!! OpenScreen(): Could not find any valid modeids. No graphics card? !!!

Since that's not the case I can assume it's not a GPU issue!

Edited by skygecko on 2023/3/27 19:06:41
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skygecko

I've had a problem on my sam460 that I couldn't get any morphos install cd to boot. It stayed forever at the booting screen. It's in the following thread

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/ ... _id=12400&forum=11#137589

Also, maybe it's better to post about this problem at morphzone. All team members post there.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mozzerfan

Thanks for the link, maybe I'll find some clues.

And I'll check out morph.zone for help.

Edited by skygecko on 2023/3/29 21:09:52
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m3x
Hi, for using SATA 3132 controller on sam460ex do I need Uboot 2015.b or "old" 2015.a is enough?

TiA

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo

SATA 3132 is not supported

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m3x

ok, no problemo, thx.

So in https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=137218#forumpost137218

image shows as PCIE0: 1095 / 3132 that's why I thought it could work under SAM460ex. And by luck got such card frrom and "old" PC/machine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If anyone still wants to buy a Sam460LE board, now would be the right time: Sam460LE boards at a reduced trade fair price

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2023-10-00039-EN.html

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »