Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Sysmon x1000 9250 speed @ zzd10h
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Goos
Cheers! It runs really nice, much better than on my Peg2. That ending cracked me up! When I saw you standing on the wrong side of the the tree, I knew what was going to happen. Could you try entering "cg_drawfps 1" into the console? I wonder what framerate are you getting.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

yes 640x480 low geometry medium texture quality

on ioquake3 i got 40 - 90 fps in first arena
640x480/medium geometry/enabled Lightmap

LodePaint: same here while i draw the fps goes down to 20 fps

@BSzili

hehe, trees are the most insidious enemies in this game ;)

ok with cg_drawfps enabled i see 12-30fps outdoors and 25-46 fps in buildings.

my Radeon is still a 64Bit Version, i hope, i can get a 128Bit , for more testing

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That sounds good. The extra memory bandwidth of the 128-bit card might help the framerate a little. The biggest bottleneck here is the 66MHz PCI interface of the video card. I wonder if there are any PCI-e AGP adapters at a reasonable price.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Goos, thanks for testing this and posting the results and images and the video. I have ordered the same adapter.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mbrantley

did you get it set up yet?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ddni, I'm still waiting on parts. I got the 9250 card (hope it is 128bit as advertised, but it was used and I cannot tell) and the extension cable. The PCI-X adapter should get here next week sometime.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great results! Since getting my X1000 in 2012 I have been frustrated by my inability to use Blender at workable speeds (talking intertface not rendering) without resorting to Linux. No more! Things in Blender work quite well now that I have installed a Warp3D compatible card via the same PCIe-PCI-X adapter and ribbon extender that Goos mentions in this thread.

Only oddity is that so far I can only get Blender to launch on its own screen via my "new" ATI Radeon 9200 PCI card if the Workbench screen is on that card rather than my Radian HD 6850, which still resides in the same X1000. I'm using both cards in a dual display configuration. But it is worth the hassle of moving Workbench to the 9200 card when I want to run Blender, as Blender works so much better with real Warp3D than it does with the wazp3d otherwise appreciated software solution.

The PCIe 8x to PCI-X adapter gives me a faster PCI slot for the 9200 card than the onboard Nemo PCI slots.... 66mhz rather than 33mhz. The adapter is actually marked 133mhz, but perhaps that requires a real PCI-X card. Not sure.

Physically, the adapter I got is a right angle adapter. So the ribbon extender is needed to make this work. I was able to mount the 9200 card upside down in a leftover slot cover I had on hand using a screw and a nylon tie since only one screw hole matched up. I then used a longer plastic strap i had on hand to give some more support to the rear of the card, connecting to my hard drive cage, so the card would not droop. I put a couple of layers of folded over tape on the inside edge of the 9200 to keep it from shorting anything on the Nemo board in case contact is made. It's awfully close.

Some pictures...

http://www.thevideojunkie.com/photos/pcix/Photo1.jpg
http://www.thevideojunkie.com/photos/pcix/Photo2.jpg
http://www.thevideojunkie.com/photos/pcix/Photo3.jpg
http://www.thevideojunkie.com/photos/pcix/Photo4.jpg

Thanks, Goos, for figuring this out! I previously tried a 9250 card in an X1000 PCI slot but was terribly disappointed at the results when it comes to speed.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I will add that I had intended to use a 9250 card but it turns out my 9250 card is a 5V card and this PCI-X adapter is marked 3.5V. Luckily, I had on hand an older 9200 card. I have been told this is actually faster than the more common 9250 card. Only downside is my 9200 card has only SVGA and compositie video outputs -- no DVI. I had to remove the composite video jack to make this card fit upside down in the slot cover I used to mount the card. The alternative would have been to dremel out a bigger hole in the slot cover.... but it seemed easier to snip off the composite jack that I will never use.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mbrantley and Goon
Nice solution with PCI-E to PCI-X 133 mhz adapter. I will go for it to My X1000
too!

where do you order yours or This adapter?

AaaamiiigaOne X5000
(AmigaOS 4.1 FE)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Plexus, I ordered the parts from Amazon in the US. Here is what I got (but I see the adapter is currently unavailable)...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000 ... age_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J ... age_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Ok but I found this Adapter  RSC-RR1UE-AXL
in USA..

They will send it to me with UPS!

I order this adapter from USA, Because I cannot find this Adapter in Europe.
Lucky me because it was really hard to find...

Now Only wait! puh.

This would be the card to apply to my adapter
Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 256MB 128-Bit DDR PCI

Edited by Plexus on 2014/7/9 17:29:54
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have this adpater,extender cable and radeon 9250 256mb 128bit for sale...all items new and never used
if anyone interested please pm
i have pics in amibay
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php? ... -RR1UE-AXL-extender-Cable

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quick question, hopefully will not derail the good 9250 discussion. My X1000 has a Radeon 6870 card. Would I benefit by changing adapters to the ones you've found?

AmigaOne X1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Now that Warp3D has been released for the newest RadeonHD cards, I no longer see the need of using the old 9200 or 9250 cards and these PCI-X adapters in the X1000 to run Warp3D. I have removed the whole contraption from my X1000 and have installed a new R9 270 card and the new Warp3D.

I have left my RadeonHD 6850 card in to drive my second display, but at present Warp3D operations are limited to the R9 270 only.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Nagasakee

Quote:
Quick question, hopefully will not derail the good 9250 discussion. My X1000 has a Radeon 6870 card. Would I benefit by changing adapters to the ones you've found?

If it's a RadeonHD 6870 then no, it's already a PCI-e card. these adaptors are for putting old PCI cards into PCI-e slots and in most cases it's far cheaper to buy a PCI-e version if they're made.

Spending 150 euros to plug in a 20 euro card is pointless unless you really really need to or have plenty of spare cash.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)