Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Brewing software port for AmigaOS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Quote:
Tried to contact Alfkil but got no answer.
An explanation for that can be found here:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=92522#forumpost92522

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Sorry for the late response. I am in France for the year and not On the Amiga during That time. The sqlite plugin for Amiga Qt is working with other apps, so there must be some specific issue with your port. I might have updated a few things after releases, so first make sure, you Are 100% up to date ( check All files On sourceforge for datestamps). Otherwise try and give a brief and acurate description of the problem here, and I'll see if I have something to say about it. Maybe I'll direct you to the sourcecode of Qt to rebuild the plugin. This is not Hard, as long as you have Qt base installed.

EDIT: Oh, and please check out the examples and demos. There Are some, That use sqlite. If they do not work as they should, there is something wrong with the native sqlite3.so or some other setup issue - not Qt.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Welcome back

Actually many users still confused because not all files were packed and updated to their latest components, for example on OS4Depot we have an old 0.9.0 archive while on Sourceforge we have two archives related to a WIP version of 0.9.1 (Update 7 ?) ..

But, since then various libraries were updated again.
Same problem about the availible source, latest changes were not commited.

When you have time can you make a final 0.9.1 archive in order to replace the old version ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Since my Amigas are all in the custody of my dear mother, who lives in another country than the one I am currently residing in, and since I would never dare to talk my dear mother into setting them up and running through a complete Qt source update, there is no possibility at the moment for such things. I can only ask of people to relate only to the sourceforge repository and the files there for what is available. I might be able, though, to give somebody interested priviledged access to the repo in case it would be of value to pack together all currently available files properly in a common archive. But I don't know if anyone would be up for such a task.

Sorry, I cannot do much until the end of June. Keep up the good spirit in the meantime. :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

By waiting that your mother learnt AmigaOS4, we could use this setup guide to install all your differents Qt stuffs

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=94635#forumpost94635

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
I have faith in your mother, but worst case scenario i can wait until you´re back in july.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
I didn't change a single line of code in anything QSqlDatabase related, and Brewtarget can access SQLite databases on other platforms. I'm not sure what good checking the examples could do for me, unless there are some extra steps on OS4 to make the SQL plugins available.
I'm using the latest Qt beta (qt4.7-0.9.1). I didn't see any new commits since, so I didn't try to rebuild everything from the sources yet. The problem is that I don't have any SQL plugins available in Qt:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=94639#forumpost94639

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In case anyone missed it, Brewtarget is now available on OS4Depot. It's mostly a recompile, big thanks for alfkil and Chris for helping me to build it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili
A big thank you to all of you!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

Thank you mate! Really appreciate your, alfkil and Chris effort. :)
I just wondering where was the problem? Could you explain it in couple of non-technical words?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Non technical words? Sure! It was between my monitor and my keyboard.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

I know why - because there was no bottle of beer between this two! :D
... and that is reason why! ;)

Ok, joking aside. I followed thread about SQLite Driver where alfkil suggested you to make QMake project. Writting "non-technical" I meant, it was cure (qmake) for the problem?
Or maybe problem was on the Brewtarget side...

Thanks again for your work!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
While I can't deny that beer makes me smart, the lack of it wasn't the cause of the problem :P
In the end I kept the makefile, because issue was that I forgot to link against libunix.a, which is necessary to handle unix-style paths. E.g. /drive/dir/. vs drive:dir.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice work BSzili!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)