Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin
So it should just insert the string where the cursor is? Also it can't really be called a bug, because it's most likely the intended behavior. Just because something is counter-intuitive, it won't become a bug.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

ok, so maybe not a bug but totally different to the way AmigaOS does things and should be 'standardised' imho.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I upgraded from the 4-jan release to todays (02-feb) version and now none of the sound events work.

Reverting play.module to the 4-jan version fixes the problem.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Forgot that it required 3.9.
Tried it now under 3.9 and everything seems to work fine.

Sorry.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

I upgraded from the 4-jan release to todays (02-feb) version and now none of the sound events work.

Reverting play.module to the 4-jan version fixes the problem.

Only differences there was cleanups from BSzili, where he remove opening of datatypes in modules itself (filetype and play module if i remember right). I assume that cause problems. If you in interest, i can build latest play.module with putting back datatypes.library opening, and if it will works, then can revert it in SVN as well.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Only differences there was cleanups from BSzili, where he remove opening of datatypes in modules itself (filetype and play module if i remember right). I assume that cause problems. If you in interest, i can build latest play.module with putting back datatypes.library opening, and if it will works, then can revert it in SVN as well.

I think eliminating the datatypes opening is O.K. except for an overlooked detail. Hold off on compiling special version & reverting for a day. I'll check out the latest code and fix it. I'll let you know with a post here if the fix works.

Edited by xenic on 2014/2/5 16:36:14
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
I fixed the play.module problem and committed it (revision 885). I only tested it with OS4 binaries but it should work on all platforms. You & Severin can test it in the next overnight build.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Cool, thanks !

Should't we do the same for filetype , about and show modules ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Should't we do the same for filetype , about and show modules ?

Filetype & about modules don't have the same problem. They are OK. I fixed the show.module problem and committed it (revision 886). The play & show modules should be working in the next overnight build.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Okay, I have started over with a new SSD hard drive and installed the latest nightly Dopus5 build as of Feb 8, 2014.
No more errors with button editor, or anything else.

Great work. I wonder if some of my old Os3.x button banks that I imported might have been causing problems?

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Scott
Quote:

I wonder if some of my old Os3.x button banks that I imported might have been causing problems?

If you in interest , you can try to trackdown it, and send final results to us. I.e. like just use fresh version, but find out what buttons bank crash you, and send that buttons bank to us. But , imho, all the problems can be because of some wrong/old settings or old 68k modules or something like that.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Actually....it turns out that it is one or more of my files in the libs: directory. I saved my new OS4.1 update 6 "vanilla" library drawer and copied over my full up libs drawer from my old OS4.1 install, it has 337 lib files in it....and the next time I ran dopus5, I got 2 DSI's exiting and DSI's using buttons banks.
There is no Dopus.library in either libs: drawer. Wonder which other library might cause this?

Scott

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ScottCabit

Quote:
I saved my new OS4.1 update 6 "vanilla" library drawer and copied over my full up libs drawer from my old OS4.1 install, it has 337 lib files in it....
Yikes!

You're asking for trouble there.

Before doing anything else, I'd advise you to copy your saved vanilla update 6 libs back over your present Libs:

Any libraries which are present in both will be those delivered with OS4, and for those you will certainly want the latest versions with any bug fixes and enhancements made since your old 4.1 install (whenever that was from). There are probably even some of those enhancements which are needed by the rest of the 4.1 update 6 system modules.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Scott
Nbache right , making such a mess is never good for any app (with every release of any app lately, all the developers point out that no one should mess or mix anything, but pure clean install)

Quote:

There is no Dopus.library in either libs: drawer. Wonder which other library might cause this?

For dopus5 dopus5.library is used, maybe you miss it. But anything can cause problems when you use some outdated stuff and mix libraries in such a way. In easy case you may have old dopus5.library in LIBS: (not dopus.library, but dopus5.library), in worse : any library which directly or indirectly in use and which you overwrite by not up2date one can cause this.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Yes, I did exactly that. I copied the "vanilla" OS4.1 libs on top of the full up libs directory, replacing all files of the same name, to ensure that I had the latest copy of any libs required by OS4.1 set up correctly.

But...Dopus5 still gives DSIs with this new library folder. Could it bet hat Dopus5 is trying to open something that most people do not have like (for example) inovamusic.library, and works fine because nobody else has it, but I DO HAVE IT and so it starts getting DSIs?
Obviously, that's just one possible example.

If I get time, I'll try to run Snoopy and see if I can see any odd libraries being opened by Dopus5.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScottCabit

Quote:

But...Dopus5 still gives DSIs with this new library folder. Could it bet hat Dopus5 is trying to open something that most people do not have like (for example) inovamusic.library, and works fine because nobody else has it, but I DO HAVE IT and so it starts getting DSIs?
Obviously, that's just one possible example.

inovomusic.library cause problems before , yes, but it was fixed some months ago (at least, attempt was done, maybe not everywhere).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ScottCabit

What I suggest you and everyone else do when they have a clean install is to put all their old third party libs in sys:storage/libs. That way they are handy when some program asks for a missing library so you can just move them to libs:. After about 6 months or so anything left in storage you are not using so can be deleted.

Another thing I have done it set up a USER drawer containing c, fonts & libs then changed the assigns to point to those first then added the system ones to those assigns. That way any libs copied over by old progams don't get mixed in with the system libs unless the instal script uses sys:libs instead of libs:

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
inovomusic.library cause problems before , yes, but it was fixed some months ago (at least, attempt was done, maybe not everywhere).

It was fixed so that only OS3 & AROS binaries open and use inovamusic.library. Possibly, if you use the OS3 binaries on OS4 or AROS, inovamusic.library might be opened. If you're using OS4 binary on OS4 that library doesn't get opened.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm in the process of removing the OS 3.5+ requirement. I could use some testing,o nce the nightlies have been rebuilt.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSZili
Not only rexxsyslib is problem for (but at least it will starts, yep) , but also there was few place where for os3.1 varargs based funcs was done (and which we remove lately to make it all be same code for everything). If you want to bring 3.1 support back, those ones will need some ifdefs or something

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »