Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Total lamer suggestion, but can split the binary into a core and add on type set up?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
try to enlarge the text section using something like -Ttext=2000000 to cflags/cppflags

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:

try to enlarge the text section using something like -Ttext=2000000 to cflags/cppflags

For all the objects ? (that also mean recompiling of beast => one more day).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Tried on one of objects (where -mlongcall make it works), and -Ttext=2000000 didn't help

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Found that in morphos build -mlongcall also in use. So, will rebuild everything with it now (damn!). Through, that mean 1.23 will be slower somewhere. Dunno when -mlongcall start to be in use , but till 1.17 there wasn't. But as Fab add it then its all expected, so one more day till binary done as whole recompile starts. But for sure with -mlongcall things going to be slower (google says same). As well as attaching that huge-fat ffmpeg libraries will make loading of binary slower, too, as binary will be bigger.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
which cpu are you using? did you use the -j switch when compiling?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:

which cpu are you using? did you use the -j switch when compiling?

Of course all with -jX, it speed up things a little , but as i build it on cygwin on notebook which i just buy for some simple text work that just tells and speed pretty sucky. I thinking about build it on some of my remote linux servs, but repeat all the same steps now which i do in last days but on another serv pretty boring, so better just wait a day :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
cygwin has become too slow.. try with linux/mac and you will notice the differences..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Yep, i already tested it with dopus5 : whole dopus5 builds on my cygwin for about 30 minutes i think. On dopus5.org serv (which is just some common linux with more or less ok cpu) , build whole dopus5 for about 7 minutes. That for os4 version, os3 version builds even faster. Its and cygwin slower in few times, and cpu differences make sense of course :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Well, I didn't use the longcall option without reason. The executable got too large at some point, and it couldn't be avoided without annoying hacks.

That being said, you're not forced to make it even 50 MB larger than required by linking the whole ffmpeg libraries. Just build the decoders/formats/parsers in the HTML5 specification, it will take less than 5MB then.

For instance, using the following options would be a good start:
--arch=powerpc --cpu=powerpc --enable-runtime-cpudetect --disable-indevs --disable-protocols --enable-protocol=file --disable-network --disable-encoders --disable-decoders --disable-hwaccels --disable-muxers --disable-demuxers --disable-parsers --disable-bsfs --disable-devices --disable-filters --enable-decoder=aac --enable-decoder=aac_latm --enable-decoder=h264 --enable-decoder=mp3 --enable-decoder=theora --enable-decoder=vorbis --enable-demuxer=aac --enable-demuxer=aac_latm --enable-parser=aac --enable-parser=aac_latm --enable-demuxer=mp3 --enable-demuxer=mov --enable-demuxer=ogg --enable-parser=mpegaudio --enable-bsf=h264_mp4toannexb --enable-decoder=pcm --enable-decoder=wav --enable-demuxer=flv --enable-decoder=flv --enable-decoder=h263 --enable-decoder=vp8 --enable-demuxer=vp8 --enable-parser=vp8 --enable-decoder=vp9 --enable-demuxer=vp9 --enable-parser=vp9 --enable-bsf=aac_adtstoasc --enable-decoder=mpeg4 --enable-parser=mpeg4video --enable-demuxer=matroska)

Oh, and by the way, you probably won't even notice a difference between using longcall or not in an application like Odyssey. I didn't see any in benchmarks, at least.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Great work Kas1e! Keep going!

..and thanks!

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
All rebulds, those errors gone, but now same errors happens in the libicu libaries (at first in the libicui18n.a):
Quote:

/usr/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libicui18n.a(decContext.ao): In function `uprv_decContextSetStatus_46': decContext.c:(.text+0x4c4): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 against symbol `raise' defined in .text section in ../Tools/OWBLauncher/CMakeFiles/owb.dir/MorphOS/main.cpp.obj
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What mean need to rebuild all libicu libs now with same -mlongcall (and, i fear all the other libs i link with may need the same rebuild with -mlongcall in end..)

@Fab
Thanks for, it through bring few warnings:

Quote:

WARNING: Option --enable-demuxer=aac_latm did not match anything
WARNING: Option --enable-decoder=pcm did not match anything
WARNING: Option --enable-decoder=wav did not match anything
WARNING: Option --enable-demuxer=vp8 did not match anything
WARNING: Option --enable-demuxer=vp9 did not match anything

But all other options ok, builds fine and size of final ffmpeg libs now reduces pretty much:

libavcodec: full: 70mb , your: 20mb
libavdevice: full: 257kb, your: 80kb
libavfilter: full 6mb, your: 1mb
libavformat: full 28mb, your: 3mb
libavutil, libswresample and libswscale: mostly the same as with full build.

As for -lmlongcall, google still says that code with it bigger and as result slower, but if it make no visual differences for your tests, and other solutions is ugly hacks, then will just do as you do for mos.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

latm is in 2.0 but perhaps it's been renamed. As for wav and pcm, there's so many options I can't tell you which ones to use.

I was going to say libvpx_vp8 and libvpx_vp9 but then I realised that's probably not the same as vp8 & vp9 without the libvpx prefix. There's probably internal decoders for it, and of course you'd want to use them to keep filesizes down and reduce the amount of dependencies.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
I use the latest ffmpeg snapshot (that one which we discuss with you week ago), which about the same as Fab use in 1.23, so i think the lines he post should works on version i have, just maybe something changes somewhere ..

Also libavcodec.a of 20mb is seems a bit big anyway.. Just want somehow to make it all in bounds of original mos binary (i.e. 50-60mb with mediaplayer), not something around 100mb :)

@Fab
Which version of icu libs you use for now ? I just checked icu downloads, and last one are 52.1 and size pretty fat as well. In 1.17 readme i see you do update to ICU 4.9.1 is it version you use now ? Also that "the data files are now stored externally in PROGDIR:resource/icudt49b/ to save some memory. Make sure to copy them if you update (a requester will warn you if you don't).", so it mean some specific changes in code of libicu too and if so, can you share them too ? I can of course build version 4.9.1 all statically, but binary will be again bigger then..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

If you've got a binary from a previous build (where all internal demuxers/decoders are enabled), then you can use "ffmpeg -formats" (and -codecs / -decoders) to get a list of the proper names, and then you should be able to use them on the configure line.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
To me this binary size question hangs on this: if displaying an image puts away RAM for as long as the browser is running, then the binary size needs to be as slim as possible.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Kas1e, your regular updates are great thanks!
How far along would you say you are in having a Release candidate?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

Well at the moment he is into a linking stage, it's too early to ask for

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
Binary should be small in any case, just for more or less fast loading: 50-60mb is already not small, but as far as i see morphos version of 1.23 with mediaplayer are 53mb of size, so should be 60mb max for os4 version.

@ddni
Need to deal with libicu now (and maybe some other libs will need rebuilding with mlongcall as well), as well as deal with ffmpeg to have it really 5mb of size, as well as deal with mediaplayer after binary will links and usuall os4 specific parts will be fixed.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

You probably compiled ffmpeg with debug enabled (-g). That makes them way bigger.

About ICU, i still use 4.9.1. There's no reason to update, and it's so boring to build i prefer doing it as rarely as possible. If the data files are external, that's because there was some issue that prevented the big libicudata containing all data files from working properly (possibly a bigendian issue with their weird custom elf loader).
And since libicu is so smart that it crashes as soon as a datafile is missing, i had to check for every datafile. But this code is in Odyssey itself, not in ICU, so you don't need anything else.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 72 »