Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

MickJT, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Bluetopia? Buletooth stack for AmigaOS4.x maybe?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just looking around and found this Bluetooth stack, is this something we can get ported to AmigaOS?

http://www.stonestreetone.com/bluetopiaLE.cfm

It looks to me that Bluetopia support a wide range over different operating systems, from windows mobile, Linux and Unix platforms.

Also noticed that Texas Integuments and Freescale is using it for their micro controllers.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/12/10 19:31:52
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: Bluetopia?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Interesting how little interest there is for Bluetooth.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Start porting it and we will start using it.
Does ps3 controllers use bluetooth?

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

I think it would be good. I use it with my mobile devices etc all the time.
But I am not a programmer, and don't know anything about porting stuff to OS4.
Sorry. :(

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

if we ever gets laptop or compact mini amiga (or someting) i would guess bluetooth is then in hardware, so i think its good to have some bluetooth drivers ready.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Yes but its probably not free, as this commercial product, it will need a Kickstarter or something to get the fund getting the source code.

It might be that there is Bluetooth stack for Linux that is open source, but changes are that its harder to port to AmigaOS, due to OS dependency, Bluetopia is used even used whit out a OS, so I think it does have too many dependencies.

I can send an e-mail and ask the price.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar

I have Bluetooth on my desktop PC, so I can send audio to my stereo whit out having an extra cable it works well, Bluetooth is basically as wireless USB.

It does to some degree, compete whit WIFI, but in general, it's used for different things, WIFI mostly connects computers whit computers, while Bluetooth connects devices (keyboard, mouse, cameras, sound-cards, headphones) to your PC or mobile phone, Bluetooth is short range, WIFI can be sent over larger aria.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/12/7 21:42:54
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Interesting how little interest there is for Bluetooth.

The fact that something is written in C doesn't mean that it can be easily ported and integrated into AmigaOS.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Well did not say it was become it was C code, but if you read my comment 6, I explained they used it on micro controllers whit out a OS, so I be surprised if there's a lot of dependencies.

Its dependency's that is mostly the problem when porting to AmigaOS, because what normally run into os that.

You want to port product X, but X needs A,B,C, and A need D,E,F and B needs G,H,I, but then I need J,K,L and C needs N,M,O and so on, until you basically need to port Linux and GNU, GTK and so on and lots other s**t you don't really wont.

Company's like Texas Integuments have small and limited micro controllers they want run software to control a toaster or something like that, they do not want a complete OS like Linux, because it boot slow and it's way too big, for limited flash memory of the micro controller.

So program code that is made for micro controllers should be easier to adapt, possibly.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/12/8 19:30:16
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

The company “Stonestreet one” has responded to my request, and they do sound like they are interested they asked a lot of questions, so I'm hoping we can find a solution, and make a deal, they are business, I do not know what economic model or how this is going to be, but I hope we can work out a deal, I'm open to there suggestions.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2013/12/10 20:05:31
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Re: Bluetopia? Buletooth stack for AmigaOS4.x maybe?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt
Bluetooth for amigaos would be nice.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

While having a bluetooth stack may be a good thing, I doubt a commercial company could find a viable business here. In fact if they concentrate on the AmigaOS4 market I doubt they can sell more than 200/300 copies at a price tag between 20 and 40 euros (40 being already expensive IMHO).
If they try to make a cross AmigaOS systems version (MOS, AROS AOS) they can maybe hardly reach the 500 copies.

Moreover this company has no (known) Amiga development background so either the bluetooth stack will be considered "alien" and will not match the standard Amiga APIs and GUI...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Well depends how you see it, they are getting many hours of my time for free, so even if this platform is small, they get sales, so it depends on their view point.

Anyway I doubt there are many operating systems whit out a Bluetooth stack, of course there are many small embedded products out there that people like to bring to market, that there might not even be a market for in worst case, but we do have market no matter how tiny.

Ideally we find a way to also so I get paid for it, but I guess it's going to be an self-sacrifice for me, to get this done.

Anyway the finer details are not worked out.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Atleasg it won't hurt to ask. the worst answer will be no.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

i hope you get a fair deal with them, so that we can have drivers available for our system, it is cool that you have heard from them.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Joeled

I agree, bluetooth would be awesome, at least just for keyboards and mouse at beginning. Sorry i'm resurrecting an old thread... miracles happens!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
The company “Stonestreet one” has responded to my request, ... I'm open to there suggestions.

I think you should talk about it to Steven. He may be interested to make any deal with them.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

How did it go?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Nothing has happened, besides I think my focus needs to be other things.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

Mice & KBs are for testing the functionality, too much hustle just for it.
On the other hand, many devices like the Wii remote or file transfer from smartphones need the BT stack in order to get done...
Many devices like the RaspberryPi have a BT stack under linux kernel. I think this part is closed sourced, am I right?
Looking forward to seeing an Amiga version.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »