Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Found a serious bug, dopus 5 won't run programs with a space in the name. eg. Media Toolbox

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

Found a serious bug, dopus 5 won't run programs with a space in the name. eg. Media Toolbox

How you run it ? I for now just go to system:system in lister, dbl-clik on "Media Toolbox", it ask me for arguments/not , and then when i press "ok" it just runs. You didn't have anymore that "os4 binary" filetype thingy i hope ? (its internal now to handle elf bins).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Installed and works quite well. Wonderfull job!

The volume info shows the graph as always full, there is not the piece showing the free portion.
I also noticed that the additional gadgets are shown with the old style, when in the Kas1e screen shot are updated according the theme. Where can I get them?
Also the DOpus workbench screen message (the one with the amount of memory etc) has a solid background rather the transparent.

PS OS4 version

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes I do have that filetype because the internal version asks for arguments so is running workbench programs with icons in amigados mode which can mean that unless a program specifically checks for an icon and tooltypes they won't get passed to it, not many programs run in dos mode do that. The arguments requester is annoying too.

The internal command needs to check if there is an icon and wbrun it if there is.

What the filetype does is use WBRun {f}, I allso tried WBRun "{f}" with the no file quotes option, neither worked but renaming to Media-Toolbox and it starts.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ibarbax
If you have other gadget for iconify and padlock in the windowes, that can only mean you use os3 version still and not os4 one. The same can be about all other problems.

@Severing
In other words, internal elf handling just need checking if there and icon and wbrun on it. Got it , will add to tickets.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Who can note visually what small but fancy addons was done by Simon:

Resized Image

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Mmm that extra space between the window gadgets ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
cant reply forum broken, but nope, check closer

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

The lister scroll gadgets. Although they look weird all squashed up now :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slash
Quote:

The lister scroll gadgets. Although they look weird all squashed up now :)

Still much better in compare with those ugly black scroll bars. Now, if there add mouse wheel support to them as well as replace those arrow-gadgets with system ones, then visually it will be pretty much ok.

@All

I buy server for nightly builds as well as dopus5 domain, all cost me 400$ per year. For now i pay for it from my own of course as have ability to do so, but later will be not bad to cover it somehow by donations for sure.

I already setup all cross-compilers on it and all of them already can build dopus5, as well as setup apache and so http://dopus5.org or http://www.dopus5.org are there now.

Hope for next few days Xenic will finish with makefiles, and i can make little script which will one time in a day pack nighties and put them on web.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

i support the case and will donate. where to donate?

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXlar
Quote:

i support the case and will donate. where to donate?

on paypal: kas1e@yandex.ru

thanks for motivate :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
I don't think it's a bug. You don't need to rename Media Toolbox. Just put quotes around the command in the Dopus function requester i.e. "Media Toolbox". Dopus can't read your mind. How can it tell if the second word is an argument or part of the name if you don't put quodets around it? It wouldn't make sense but if you entered - list all - for the command should Dopus5 consider - list all - as a command or a command and an argument?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

It IS a bug, it works with Dopus 5.82, not with 5.90. If you read post #104 you'll see I've tried it with and without quotes.

Anyway... What dopus function requester? This is a problem starting a program in workbench mode from a lister by double clicking it.

For now I'm just using "[workbench] {f}" with cd source which seems to be working ok.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
O.K. I must have misunderstood your first post. Since we added OS4 binary recognition the "binary.filetype" should be removed. I tested Dopus5 and double-clicked "Media ToolBox" in a lister and it works as it should:
If your are in "Lister - Name Mode Display" mode then it opens an argument requester when you double-click a program.
If you are in "Lister - Name Mode Display" mode then it runs a program as a WorkBench program when you double-click a program.

Quote:
The internal command needs to check if there is an icon and wbrun it if there is.

No it should not. Not everybody uses Dopus5 in the same way as you do. I do my programming on a Dopus screen. When I want to test if the program is responding correctly to command line arguments, I double-click on the program in a lister, enter arguments and start program. If I want to run a program with arguments that are different than the Tooltypes in the icon, I double-click it in a lister. I've owned Dopus since the day it was commercially releasd and for me the double-click execution of programs in the ported Dopus5 is working the way it always did.

Most modern programs accept Tooltypes from icons AND AmigaDOS command line arguments. Starting them from Workbench by double-clicking on them is just one option. I start all my Internet programs (which have icons) from a script with AmigaDOS arguments. In a shell enter "Media Toolbox" ? and you will see the command line arguments.

If you run Dopus5 in "Lister - Icon Mode Display" mode then clicking on "Media Toolbox" will run in icon mode. If you are running Dopus5 in "Lister-Name Mode Display" then it will ask for arguments. When you start a program in "Name Mode" from a shell it looks for arguments, but if you double-click a program on WorkBench it checks the icon for Tooltypes. It's basically the same as using Dopus5 listers in "Name Mode" or "Icon Mode".

It's NOT a bug. If double clicking "Media Toolbox" in a lister does not open the arguments requester and then run the program when you click "OK" then something must be wrong with your filetypes. It works for me. If you want Dopus5 to work the way you want it to, then use the filetype you mentioned.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Testing DOpus quickly and then quitting it from the menu. After that Workbench won't show icons of iconified apps any longer and I can't uniconify them. DOpus should remove its hacks and OS patches properly when quitting it. No matter if it's beta, alpha or whatever.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Ok, so you're treating a name mode lister as a shell window and a icon mode lister as a workbench window... weird idea as they're both the same, how the data is displayed makes no differnce. Double clicking a file to run it is always workbench and never shell. Workbench itself does not change the way it runs programs just because you display the drawer in name or icon mode.

What I meant when I said Dopus should look for an icon and respect it's settings still stands.

If there's no icon, run as shell and promt for arguments (although I'd never seen that before in dopus)

If there is an icon, start the program as defined in the icon via workbench, shell or arexx, prompt for arguments as defined by the icon. basically start it the same as double clicking the icon.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Considering the fact you have a different expectation of what should hpppen when a program that has an icon is double-clicked, a configuration item to select what action will be taken might be a good idea. I see it more as a feature request than a "serious bug" but everybody has their own opinion.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK
Quote:

Testing DOpus quickly and then quitting it from the menu. After that Workbench won't show icons of iconified apps any longer and I can't uniconify them. DOpus should remove its hacks and OS patches properly when quitting it. No matter if it's beta, alpha or whatever.

Go check code, fix it , and send us diffs. We will be more than happy :)

Also you can found a way to remove them at all (so no logic broken and everything will works on all 4 platforms), and then send us diffs. We will more than happy to get rid of patches at all.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

Quote:

What I meant when I said Dopus should look for an icon and respect it's settings still stands.

Pressing shift (iirc) while starting executables from the lister window will make dopus start it from the icon.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »