Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 144

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Transmissioncli
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm wondering if someone is able to make an updated of transmissioncli? I don't care if it got a GUI or not if found and still find this version to work best/easiest for my needs however it doesn't work so well anymore, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Alos it ads a '.' at the beginning of directories/files being downloaded.

Has something changed regarding the sourcecode that makes it difficult to compile a new version or is it lack of time/interest?

I would be really happy if a newer version was released. Am I the only person in need of a torrent-client for AOS? I don't see much writing about the subject. Sure I can use my PC or my Android phone to download torrents but it's always nice to be able to do so in AOS.

Go to top
Re: Transmissioncli
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
ctorrent seems to work and writes the large files too...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
You mean the GUI-version where you have to find the right tracker and then it might work? Here downloads are really slow. Also didn't someone report that the ratio was destroyed on a site when he use ctorrent?

It's a really old torrent-client but I might give the CLI-version a try, thanks.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hotrod

Does the ctorrent gui work for you? 1 reported that the ratio got f****d up on a site with ctorrent. Seems like the project has been abandoned(sources), therefore no updated version has been made. :-/

There is a newer version of transmission than the one on the depot. not sure why it hasn't been ported/updated.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Now more sites are using magnet links also. How to deal with that?

I got the transmissioncli and GUI-versions from os4depot as well as the ctorrent versions. Torrent on the Amiga seems to be a no-go for me untill something newer is ported.

Last time I used CTorrent it was slow most of the times and didn't always work (download never began even though it worked on the PC with the same torrent).

Ports settings are correct off course and some torrents has been downloaded fine with transmissioncli.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No idea with magnet links.
Since ctorrent has not been updated for several years, i've lost interest in it. Since i'm no coder. If it got an update i'd look into porting it. But this seems unlikely.

Did you try the ctorrent cli aswell? It's much older than the gui version though!

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've found transmissioncli to work best. When it actually works download speeds are as good as it gets on my old A1 XE. Nothing to do other than either wait or follow certain suggestions to get off the lazy ass and start porting software yourself. I'd give it a try if I only knew where to begin and the easiest way to port it.

But that would only be part of the solution, don't know how to make magnetic links work. From what I've read some newer torrent clients supports them so maybe a newer port is enough.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@hotrod

Yeah, I bet the protocol is implemented in(side) such a client. I grabbed the source of Transmission 2.50 and then had to try meet a dependency, libevent, which was found in an older archive - 1.93 - but that library did not compile... if somebody would produce this (static) library I could continue. Though not exactly saying that would lead to a working port. :)

Libevent should be able to use "select" from/via newlib, as I understand.

edit: wrong expression

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thematic

Good to read that someone is trying . I wonder if kas1e would be interested? I don't know how the torrent-situation is on MOS or AROS but maybe it could benefit all flavours even. To be able to download things using torrents is one of those "basic needs" that AOS kind of lacks at the moment (partly) so it would be good to have a new port of transmission available.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If i remember correctly Trasmission was originally ported by rwo and afxgroup in 2008 or so, then afxgroup stop with it and nothing happen ..

Sadly Andrea is always busy but maybe rwo have time to update it ?

Aniway recent version of Tramission client + GUI use QT

http://www.transmissionbt.com/

so once we have an usable and fast QT framework ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Do we have all the required stuff for porting the latest version? What are the requirements?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

rwo did the GUI and afxgroup did the other part (the program, the shell part). afxgroup did the cli-port alone so he is the guy who ported it to begin with and also with the latest version that also got a GUI thanks to rwo. Makes me a little sad that one, it looks really good but doesn't work at all here.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

hotrod wrote:
Now more sites are using magnet links also. How to deal with that?

I got the transmissioncli and GUI-versions from os4depot as well as the ctorrent versions. Torrent on the Amiga seems to be a no-go for me untill something newer is ported.

Last time I used CTorrent it was slow most of the times and didn't always work (download never began even though it worked on the PC with the same torrent).

Ports settings are correct off course and some torrents has been downloaded fine with transmissioncli.

I had the same problem, and I had never been able to fix it. Oddly Transmission did start the same torrent file, but CTorrent not.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
the problem is libevent that doesn't work anymore here.. ando so since transmission rely on it it is hard to make a new port..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ctorrent is enough for vodo.net at least, that is why it can be said to work just like before.

Go to top

Register To Post