Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Pagestream5-Pro Under OS4.1 Upd4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am having trouble running PS5Pro under update 4, has anyone got it running ok? I did a fresh install of PS5Pro, the screen opens, loads my registration details then freezes the system.

Cheers
ace

Go to top
Re: Pagestream5-Pro Under OS4.1 Upd4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I must admit that I installed PGS5Pro during OS4.1 Update 0/1 times...

I just checked and it works. Nevertheless, getting PGS5 up and running can be a real hassle. Be aware of the fact that the last more or less (read: less) stable version is 5.0.3.3. All later revisions are - at least for me - somewhat useless.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks, I'll look into that version. I have just spent the day updating my icons with your and Mason's work. Thanks for all your efforts.

ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey, ace!

Good to see you around!

Sorry, can't help with PGS.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey Tony
Thanks. I've started tinkering again. Just sorting through what works, what needs tweaked and what doesn't work.

Cha05e90
I tried that version with no luck also, however I re-downloaded V4 and reinstalled and that works fine. Thanks for the help.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@acefnq

Try 5.0.5.8a also as I think you will find that it works well under 4.1 update 4.

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
TheKorn
Thanks I found that version but through a different site, also looks like I have to pay for the 69k version even though the AOS4 version of 5 doesn't work.

I read that this version needs to be started from CLI or was that fixed in the "a" update?

Thanks for the help.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I launch it from its icon and it works fine. I thought the 68k versions were included with the PPC version?

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thats what I thought but it would not let me download without purchasing.

Thanks

Ace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
5.0.5.8a also here with update 4 and working pretty well. I launch it from a docky icon.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@acefnq

That's interesting, I noticed that too a while back. I figured it was just my account and as I didn't have any immediate need for (a newer 68k) Pagestream at the time I decided to ignore it.

Probably worth contacting them, as this used to work and there haven't been any OS4 native builds since the original 5.0.3.3 alpha (which works better than the later 68k versions anyway - at least up to 5.0.5.6 which is the latest I have)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris
I've been waiting for some official word that PGS 5 for OS4 works for several years now. I gave up asking in the PGS mail list because everybody attacked me when I mentioned OS4 on that forum. I can afford to buy PGS 5 but don't want to waste the money on a buggy program. Based on the different experiences expressed in this topic, I still don't know if it's ready.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I've given up as well. The development is very slow and updates are scarce - which is fine when you have a functional program but this is, sadly, not the case of the half-baked PageStream5.

Currently, if I want to use my Amiga, I have to work with version 4 for 68K, then save the file, load it into PgS 5 for Windows and then export as PDF (version 4's PDF export is very limited). Rather tiresome - I'd prefer to use PgS 5 for OS4 (which I bought some five years ago and which is still less stable and usable than the old PgS4 for 68k).

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
Currently, if I want to use my Amiga, I have to work with version 4 for 68K, then save the file, load it into PgS 5 for Windows and then export as PDF (version 4's PDF export is very limited). Rather tiresome - I'd prefer to use PgS 5 for OS4 (which I bought some five years ago and which is still less stable and usable than the old PgS4 for 68k).
You could just print from PGS4 as a .ps (postcript) file and print as pdf from AmiGS. This is on an Amigaone and OS4.1upd4.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

Good tip, thanks! Makes things a little less complicated.

(Still, no excuse for PgS5 not being finished after all these years )

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
I've been waiting for some official word that PGS 5 for OS4 works for several years now. I gave up asking in the PGS mail list because everybody attacked me when I mentioned OS4 on that forum. I can afford to buy PGS 5 but don't want to waste the money on a buggy program. Based on the different experiences expressed in this topic, I still don't know if it's ready.

same here. if pagestream5 is ever complete and stable for OS4, i'll be first in line to buy.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
in fact, I use it every day on my A1 and it works very well and stable. It seems it's not so for everybody. I had problems on Sam, but now it works also there. Using version 5.0.3.3 pro

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:
in fact, I use it every day on my A1 and it works very well and stable. It seems it's not so for everybody. I had problems on Sam, but now it works also there. Using version 5.0.3.3 pro

How is printing? Can you print OK?

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I save pdf and print from amipdf. And postscript also works (for better results I print to a postscript file and convert it to pdf through GS).
I save into ram with the name out.ps, then run the script named s:pdf

ghostscript:gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -r360x360 -sPAPERSIZE=a5 -sOutputFile=ram:pgs.pdf ram:out.ps -c quit
requestchoice "PDF" "Document prêt" "OK" >NIL:

Go to top

Register To Post