Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Openoffice.org for Kids, OS4 porting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
but I do think it makes sense to have binary on os4depot

True or only 4 or 5 people will know about it. These are the people in this thread. :-/

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@corto
Quote:

Hum ... I don't know who and which projects would need dmake. First I want to be sure this port is good enough, then I think there is no interest in putting it on os4depot.

As the other says, os4depot uploading are must. No one will know about your port after a while if it not on os4depot (all the new devs, new users, and even old ones checking os4depot for everthing, and if it not present, then its not present at all :) )

So, please, upload it to os4depot as well :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So, it seems that everybody wants to have dmake on os4depot. I will do that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@corto

Any news about dmake on OS4Depot ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this before, but according to an article in Obligement (auto-translated by Google!):
Quote:
Eric Bachard, the author of OOoLight, came to Alchemy to work with Mathias Parnaudeau. It should make an additional contribution but the porting work is far from over.

Seems like OOoLite port to OS4 is not abandoned (although happening so slowly we must not hold our breath) ?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@chris
Its so slowly so i see it as abandoned. I hope for Koffice.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
Seems like OOoLite port to OS4 is not abandoned (although happening so slowly we must not hold our breath) ?

I spoke to Eric myself and Eric is really a very very (very) busy man while we were speaking he had his mailer opened and he was receiving mails from all over the world at least one every 10 seconds. And I'm not speaking about SPAM here, but people from Read Hat, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, etc.

On the other hand he was very confident in the possibility to achieve an Amiga port. He does not see why it would not be possible. One thing that was annoying him was dmake on which Corto (Matthias) was working on, I didn't follow the thing once Corto finally arrived (on the Friday IIRC) but they worked on it almost all the time (days and nights).

I have no other information (I was stuck at the X1000 stand

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

I don't think it's relevant to consider receiving mailouts from large projects automatically means you're a very very very busy person.

By being subscribed to webkit, mplayer, scummvm, morphos & co, i receive hundreds of mails per day, but that doesn't mean anything, really.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

yes of course you are right. But what I was referring to was mails sent to him directly by individuals, not just some mailing lists.
It was just an illustration I was taking. Indeed it might not be the best indicator, but having spoken with him for some hour I can assure you he has his hands full with many different projects.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)