Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Some intresting info from Hanz about gfx-driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just check it here

Expectually i like that part:

Quote:

In fact, the test app doesn't even open the Picasso96API.library; it doesn't even know that Picasso96 exists. No, it's not a driver, but it demonstrates that the RadeonHD.chip driver is ready for 3D.

What mean that even with P96, there will be no any kind of bottlenecks or slowdownss because of p96. Everything is working "directly", so, its pretty cool. p96 lately can be replaced by anything else, but while is not, our 3d will be not limited by p96 or anything else as we have with warp3d/minigl. No more archaic bottlenecks (i hope).

That piece of info also interesting:
Quote:

GPU based 3D transformation and lighting

T & L already HW accelerated, and i assume clipping also ?

@Hanz
In which i also in intrest: will you at some stage release some kind of SDK/Autodocs for RadeonHD_RM.resource ? I know, that programmers should not worry about, but still its cool to do some 3d code directly , without even mesa/gallium, just some "direct code" , like in your test app.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Some intresting info from Hanz about gfx-driver
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
and thats the link hidden in the qr code...

http://hdrlab.org.nz/projects/amiga-o ... onhd-driver/almost-there/

:D

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
That's a very good news!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is heavy masturbation stuff.

So much happening these days in amigaland. It's nice to be on this ride.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
its tough without an amiga :p

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
What mean that even with P96, there will be no any kind of bottlenecks or slowdownss because of p96. Everything is working "directly", so, its pretty cool. p96 lately can be replaced by anything else, but while is not, our 3d will be not limited by p96 or anything else as we have with warp3d/minigl. No more archaic bottlenecks (i hope).

Picasso96 still owns the CPU accessible part of VRAM, but that's handled internally. Not ideal, but not really a bottleneck (until VRAM starts running out). What's key here is that Picasso96 could be removed, and the 3D drivers wouldn't even need to be recompiled.

Quote:
That piece of info also interesting:
Quote:

GPU based 3D transformation and lighting

T & L already HW accelerated, and i assume clipping also ?

2D clipping only. I didn't need 3D clipping, and so there was no point in spending time on it. Likewise, I didn't need the z-buffer, so I didn't bother setting it up.

Quote:
@Hanz
In which i also in intrest: will you at some stage release some kind of SDK/Autodocs for RadeonHD_RM.resource ? I know, that programmers should not worry about, but still its cool to do some 3d code directly , without even mesa/gallium, just some "direct code" , like in your test app.

I wasn't planning on making the API available for general use. These days there really isn't any point in writing code that only works on one series of cards.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans
Very nice work.

@All
Remember it's possible to make a donation to Hans if you like his work. http://hdrlab.org.nz/

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top

Register To Post