Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Problems with clipdown and mplayer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall
One more question (can't found clear answer about in the issues on google-mape): did you found what cause crash of mplayer on exit in the 80% of times ?

I talk with Deniil, he say that possible it has to do something with "streams", just because for example as he say, if he use mplayer from his gui-launcher, then it not crashes on exit for him, but if he use it from all the others (like clipdown, plain running, from dopus/filer, from mui-owb) - then it crashes. I can't confirm it (because not tested mplayer so heavy in all the condition), but maybe it will give you some ideas.

But maybe that bug already fixed , and i can build for myself fixed version from code-google page ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I get a crash with mplayer on exit on every movie when using sdl. Anyone else having this problem?

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes. SDL video output doesn't work properly in that mplayer although it does in (some) older releases.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Let's hope it can be fixed.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
I have not done any work on the crash on exit issue, I'm working on other parts now. Thanks for the hints though, that will help me when debugging the code.

Varthall

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I must be lucky then (or..am i using a different version? I use Mplayer summer edition from OS4 depot on SamFlex) here, although I don't use the gui launcher, mplayer never crashes on exit.
I use it very often, whatch a movie (even with clip down) and no matter if I close it manually or wait for the movie to finish (where it closes automatically) it never crashed here (ho wait, once it crashed because a manually reduced the video window to a tiny spot, it would seem there is no limit in the reduction department, and whe you get tooo small, it crashes).
I might complain about performance on hi-res videos, lack of vsync (DVplayer has it) but crashes on exit? Never happens here.

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall
If you can build current debug-version , i can test that stuff about crash on exit, and with debug info stack-trace will give us actual and usable information in which function crash happens.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Dax

Quote:
must be lucky then (or..am i using a different version? I use Mplayer summer edition from OS4 depot on SamFlex) here, although I don't use the gui launcher, mplayer never crashes on exit.

Of course you don't see the crash.
If you launch MPlayer from the shell then default is overlay - P96.
The crash being discussed is for sdl.
You can test this for yourself by using the argument:
MPlayer -vo sdl [filename]

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all
So far, crashes have been reported both when using SDL (https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=14) and sometimes when streaming videos (https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=5).

@DAX
Quote:

I use it very often, whatch a movie (even with clip down) and no matter if I close it manually or wait for the movie to finish (where it closes automatically) it never crashed here (ho wait, once it crashed because a manually reduced the video window to a tiny spot, it would seem there is no limit in the reduction department, and whe you get tooo small, it crashes).

Yes, I have on my system the same resize problem, although not everyone is able to reproduce it: https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=1

Quote:

I might complain about performance on hi-res videos, lack of vsync (DVplayer has it) but crashes on exit? Never happens here.

Never thought about the lack of vsync, I'll make some comparative tests between DVPlayer and MPlayer tonight and eventually open a new ticket, thanks for reporting it.

@kas1e
Quote:

If you can build current debug-version , i can test that stuff about crash on exit, and with debug info stack-trace will give us actual and usable information in which function crash happens.

Thanks, but I'd first like to fix the memory leakage on exit, if the crashes are triggered by the same problem, fixing the leakage might fix the crashes as well.

Varthall

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Varthal
Vsync would be cool :)

As for the crashes on exit, what do you think it could be that differentiate my experience from others? (I mean, shouldn't they happen to all users?)

Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@dax

It won't happen when using default settings. p96 works. When setting sdl output it allways crashes on exit.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I see...

Is it importan/desireable to use SDL output? What are the benefits?

Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
For me it crashes on exit does not matter of what. I just download latest version and start to use it : all the time (well, i think 95% of time) on exit i have crash. Dunno use i by default SDL or not through (i just run it for vids as "mplayer video.avi".

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
One "benefit" of sdl output is that p96_pip can't handle some pixel formats or widths - although the latter should be dodgeable by -vf expand or scale filter.

kas1e: explicitly remove -quiet (maybe from config file) and it should report which one it is using.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

DAX wrote:
@Varthal
Vsync would be cool :)

As for the crashes on exit, what do you think it could be that differentiate my experience from others? (I mean, shouldn't they happen to all users?)

No idea really, I can't reproduce the crashes as well (I'm talking about the ones when replaying streaming videos), only the problem with unfreed memory on exit, which should be happening on your system as well.

@kas1e
As default, MPlayer uses p96pip.

Varthall

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Varthal
One annoying detail that should be fixed is that the background color is a very light grey. Of course if you play a movie matching the aspect ratio perfectly the background color doesn't show, but if you happen to play, say, a 2:35:1 movie on a 4:3 monitor or 16:10 monitor, everything that don't belong to the picture will be shown in (very) light grey.
Basically instead of black bars you get almost "whiteish" ones, which are really distracting...

Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
No problems with SDL here when using the GUI.
I have been using the version of MPlayer that came with the demo of AMC.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

If you really want to help Varthall, please use shell and type:
version full Mplayer
and mention the version you are commenting on in your post, so he knows what version you are talking about.
The Summer Reloaded version (latest public) is

MPlayer for AmigaOS4 SVN-r29532-4.2.3

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)