Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

walkero, MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Does it work in any HP usb printer os 4.1?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Re: Does it work in any HP usb printer os 4.1?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ceyhan

welcome aboard ..don't quite understand your question but if your asking if you can print via USB under OS4.1u2 then it all depends if your HP printer is a DOT 4 printer...if so then we are awaiting a DOT4 driver still...hopefully soon..

if that's not what you meant then please try restructuring your question.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ceyhan

I have a hp printer i can print atleast text with. Don't remember the name of the printer,but it's not a new one.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ceyhan

I'm not sure what you mean, either, but my HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn does a great job.

Perhaps the important thing is that it is a PostScript printer.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ceyhan

FWIW, I used to print with my OS4.1 A1-XE to a networked
HP LaserJet 4 using the LPR driver. A couple months ago,
our LJ4 took a powder and we got an HP OfficeJet 8500Pro
(all in one printer, fax, scanner, etc.).

Using the exact same settings and graphic print settings
from the LJ4, I changed the IP address in the LPR config
to the new printer and was printing again with the new
HP (in greyscale).

So it seems the old HP LaserJet output still works with
(some?) new HP printers.

You might have similar luck?

Good luck,

PJS

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ceyhan

I don't know which ones, but some HP printers understand both PCL and PostScript. Those printers should work with the postscript driver.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ceyhan

I am using a "HP Photosmart C4480" which is a USB printer.

There is a rudimentary HP_Photosmart driver on OS4 depot which does allow both text and graphics printing.

None of the scanning functions work - or if they do I have not found any software that can do it on the Amiga. I have to actually switch on my Mac for scanning

Text printing works well - unlike my prevous printer where TurboPrint would crash when trying to print plain text.

B&W and greyscale graphics printing works wqell. Colour printing works but I find the colours too dark, and unlike TurboPrint the native Amiga drivers do not seem to have a Prefs section to adjust colour balance.

Aprt from the dark colour printing it works very well, much better than my previous printers did. No waiting for ages while the ink cartidges mess around before starting a print

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BillE
Quote:

None of the scanning functions work - or if they do I have not found any software that can do it on the Amiga. I have to actually switch on my Mac for scanning

If your C4480 is like my C6180 then you don't necessarily need a scanner software. If you plug in a memory card (like a cheap SD card) into the printer, it will show up on WorkBench as a storage device. You can scan to the memory card and access it directly from your computer.
Quote:
Aprt from the dark colour printing it works very well, much better than my previous printers did. No waiting for ages while the ink cartidges mess around before starting a print

I get lighter pictures by printing with my old "Studio" program and adjusting the "Gamma" setting.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

Alot of printer companies are trying for a universal driver, so we hope new printers will be compatible.

Has anyone tried SANE?

I dont think we have an OS4 native version of SANE.

Here is a interesting discussion about TRUE universal printer drivers for PC :

http://theconnectedcopier.wordpress.c ... -driver-really-universal/

Possibly the best universal printer driver technology ?
http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/White%2 ... 20driver_tcm14-686519.pdf

PCL5/6 convert to from PS/XPS
printer code independent print spooler ? anyone ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ceyhan
Quote:

My HP Photosmart C6180 All-in-one printer works with my SAM and is connected with USB cable. You must change settings in Printer prefs to make it work. After you connect the printer and turn it on, you must change Printer Preferences/Printer Type/Port Device to "usbprinter.device". I use an older version of printer.device because the latest version causes problems with programs that open printer.device to get the current settings when the program starts. Those programs (mostly word processing programs) cause error requesters when they start and the printer is not turned on.
My printing success varies with the programs that are printing. For example,ImageStudio always reports that the printer is out of paper. It worked fine with my old printer connected through the parallel port. Printing pictures on my USB HP printer usually results in dark images unless I print with a special program like "Studio" (by Wolf Faust) that can adjust the image "Gamma".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

How well are the scans from this? Can it only scan papers?
I have a flatscan which i use on the pc. But a friend of mine is looking for a new computer,i could maybe get him to go amiga. But that requires that he can scan pictures etc and use youtube.

Quote:

xenic wrote:
@BillE
Quote:

If your C4480 is like my C6180 then you don't necessarily need a scanner software. If you plug in a memory card (like a cheap SD card) into the printer, it will show up on WorkBench as a storage device. You can scan to the memory card and access it directly from your computer.
Quote:

I get lighter pictures by printing with my old "Studio" program and adjusting the "Gamma" setting.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique
The printer comes with scanning software, OCR software & touchup software which is of course unusable on an Amiga. I've scanned pictures and they look fine to me. To be sure, you could take a cheap SD card to a dealer that handles the HP printers and ask to scan a picture to the card so you can take the scanned image home for comparison. The downside to me is that the image is scanned to a jpeg instead of a raw scan file. It's high quality jpeg but jpeg always has some loss. I suspect that the included scanner software might be able to scan an uncompressed raw image to the computer which might be better if you want 100% accuracy. It's always disappointing to get a CD full of unusable software (on an Amiga) when you buy hardware.

Go to top

Register To Post