Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

3gp Video playback at OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As the title suggests, I want to playback some videos I have recorded through my mobile phone (LG Arena / KM 900). The format is stored as 3gp. I have already tried MPlayer and DvPlayer, but none recognizes the file(s). I have installed the plugin of TuneNet for amr support and although the files are being recognized I cannot even listen to anything.

I don't want to mess with any converter (free or not), I seek just a native way for video playback utility/codec etc.

Go to top
Re: 3gp Video playback at OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Didn't test it, but you can try ffplay or convert with ffmpeg.

ffplay is in ffmpeg archive :

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... =video/convert/ffmpeg.lha

Gui for ffmpeg :

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... deo/convert/ffmpeggui.lha

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cool_amigaN
That's odd, because ClipDown offers to 3GP format for downloading & playing YouTube videos... And MPlayer plays them! Do you have the latest version of MPlayer installed (whatever that is)?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Hey, this is exactly what we were discussing in our local/national forum and found it odd. I will check the version of MPlayer (mine doesn't even recognizes the format, leaving a blank folder where my files are), when I come back at home from work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

I think MPlayer has a file that specifies the file types it supports. This file may be old so MPlayer only *thinks* it doesn't know what 3gp is. Look for this file in conf/ or somewhere....

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Maybe first try mplayer in a shell?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

I would rather not. I prefer to live in the GUI era rather than medieval computing.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

I would rather not. I prefer to live in the GUI era rather than medieval computing.

Agree, but it might help debugging a bit in this case. You should never be forced to always work in a shell of course

OR: Select the "Send frame output to the default console" in MPlayer-GUI if that is what you are using so at least we can see what it says.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

3gp has worked under OS4.x in Mplayer for more than 3 years.

Possible they have extended/changed format for your troublesome files. dunno.
Afxgroup used to request users to upload to his site so he could check.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

I think you're referring to when I told you that RV30/40 worked under OS4.x in Mplayer.

My advice was "Delete or move codecs.conf file from subdirectory "conf"."

(and still is) heh.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
I will check the version of MPlayer (mine doesn't even recognizes the format, leaving a blank folder where my files are), when I come back at home from work.

MPlayer plays 3gp and 3g2 files just fine. The reason you don't see the files listed is that the Pattern field in MPlayers file requester doesn't include the 3gp or 3g2 extension so they are filtered out. Add #?.3gp or #?.3g2 to the pattern field and you will see the files listed so you can select and play them.

MPlayerGUI has the same problem. To make it recognize the extensions, start the GUI and go to the GUI tab. Add "|3gp|3g2" to the file pattern field field then click on "Save Prefs". Now the files will be recognized and can be played from the GUI.

By the way, 3gp is the file extension used by older GSM phones and 3g2 is the extension used by older CDMA phones. The file formats and codec are the same. Don't as me why they used different extensions.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

MPlayer plays 3gp and 3g2 files just fine. The reason you don't see the files listed is that the Pattern field in MPlayers file requester doesn't include the 3gp or 3g2 extension so they are filtered out. Add #?.3gp or #?.3g2 to the pattern field and you will see the files listed so you can select and play them.

So that's what the problem was

Just as a note, I can say that I have recently added 3gp (and will add 3g2) as well to the default file pattern of MPlayer-GUI. I also tried showing the pattern gadget in the ASL requester so the user could see it and edit it. Unfortunately the new edited pattern could not be saved because of an issue with the getfile.gadget (which I have reported and is going to be fixed).

Go to top

Register To Post