Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

LiveForIt, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: anyone have their backplates for their Sams yet?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts Quote:
looks like Amigakit has got them in now!..got an email todat stating that my backplate has been chosena nd is ready to be dispatched

Quote:
got mine today along with my Amiga Future magazine

Well, that makes me cross. I contacted AmigaKit the day it was announced, they said they'd contact me when they got them in, and I *still* haven't heard anything.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

did you fill out a 'ticket' at Amigakit for a backplate or just email them??...i did both and within 2 weeks i got it

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
ACube promised free shipping many months back when the back plates were first announced. I think you should stop speculating and just be patient.

...and what do you thinking about this from amigakit:

''We will be able to put two backplates in with your next order.''

is this means that i HAVE to buy something even i don't want anything
just to have my two ''free'' backplates or not?

A3040/25 AmigaOS 3.2.2 | A1260BPPC AmigaOS 3.2.2/4.0
Sam440ep AmigaOS 4.1.FE | PegasosII/G3 AmigaOS 4.1.FE/MorphOS 3.17
MacMini1.5 MorphOS 3.17

Long Live Amiga
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I contacted AmigaKit too and am in the same boat - no backplate yet.

I raised a ticket with them and was told they'd be in stock within 2 weeks.

i wonder if they are sending them out in the order people ordered SAM's, if so this could explain the delay for me (I got mine about a year and a bit ago, sometime after the SAM was launched I believe).

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Well it looks like Amigakits website wants to charge me ?0.48 for it including shipping so much for it being sent out to me free of change when available as we were originally were lead to believe would happen.

Normally I would just order the latest issue of AmigaFuture as well but it looks like it is out of stock, I guess I will just raise a ticket and see what happens as they are normally very good at sorting this sort of thing out.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Dwyloc

Same has happened to me, a 0.48p charge. Trouble is my online banking has a minimum payment of ?1 (I normally pay via bank tranf) so I've overpaid them for the order.

What bugs me is less than an hour earlier I'd ordered something from them!!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@tommo1975

Same issue with PayPal, it wont accept a 0 value even though it knows about the P&P - so I've overpaid... by a penny!

I'm not going to quibble over 49p for a backplate.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Chris
Quote:
I'm not going to quibble over 49p for a backplate.

You are obviously not a true Amigan. Complain and bitch and complain some more or we'll have to burn you at the stake.

Ok, at least complain when you do get the backplate and it doesn't fit exactly correctly and look perfect in whatever case you do have.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

I am quite happy to wait and order something else as well amigakit cant ship it for free I quite fancy BOH I just don't have the money at the moment and don't want to try and put paypal transaction for less than a pound as that only helps paypal so I will just wait a month and get it then if amigakit cant help me before then.

I have ordered from them many times and they have always been both professional and very helpful and I wish all the computer suppliers i use were as good as Amigakit, some times I just get a little frustrated when I have been waiting for something for a long time, but its not amigakits fault that the back plates took longer than expected too arrive.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Dwyloc

I got emails from AmigaKit at gone 11pm last night (they must work late!) saying they were enclosing my backplate free in with the order that I'd placed earlier yesterday (of BOH funny enough) and then another email canceling my backplate order and giving me a credit code for ?1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
Yes, I had filled-out a ticket. BTW, since my last post I received an email late yesterday saying there was an update to my ticket... (Basically pointing me to AmigaKit's news page.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's here, it's here - fiddled in some minutes ago, looks awesome with that laser-cutted inscription.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Think of the dealer. It's easier for everyone to pay their one dollar for shipping, rather than a dealer pay for a hundred deliveries himself. I doubt theres much money in dealing Amiga stuff. If I had to ship out say, a hundred backplates for free then my would profit go out the window.

I dont know if Amigakit promised to ship the backplates for free, or if ACube promised that (to ship to their end customers, or their dealers).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc
I'm fairly sure that it was *ACube* who promised to ship the backplates for free.

I do not remember AmigaKit (or any other dealer) saying they'd ship for free, although I think it's reasonable that they do it at very low cost to existing customers.

Actually, AmigaKit might have said something in response to a question at some point, but I don't remember (nor can be bothered to search).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

my backplate arrived today, and has been installed.. JUST in time for me to move. Yay, no sticking fingers in inappropriate holes by accident!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread

Hey guys,

I just realised that the IO expander board is still not available. Does the arrival of the backplate mean that the IO expander is cancelled? Afterall, it means that a different IO backplate is required.

Image: http://www.vesalia.de/e_sam440ioexp.htm

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I got my backplate today from AmigaKit (along with a Centronics-to-USB adaptor & CrossFire2).

I was a bit disappointed that it seems to have picked-up a lot of fingerprints & marks, and does not seem easy to clean (any recommendations?), but it will at least do it's main job of blocking the great big hole at the back of my case...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've now fitted my Sam440's backplate, so I no-longer need to worry about loosing screws or fingers inside the case & damaging something! ACube used quite an ingenious "universal" design for fitting the backplate to the case (it actually fits onto the mobo & not the case).

OK, so fitting it requires *partial* disassembly of the case (more in my case due to it being so compact), but not too hard if you have some pliars to undo the 2 screws for the DVI port, plus a phillips screwdriver to unscrew the mobo from the case (I left most of the actual internal cables connected). Not forgetting to take anti-static precautions!

As long as you have taken-apart or built a computer before, you'll probably be fine - otherwise get someone else who knows what they are doing, or you might end-up doing a Helgis...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

I used some isoprpyl alcohol and some paper cloth to clean off the finger prints with no problems

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »