Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

mufa, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Gapless MP3's + Streams (1.19)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi,

I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up that after a little research (and a lot of hacking (with my own code and MP3 files that is - not other peoples!)) I've managed to get the MP3Cast plugin working in true gapless mode for the majority of MP3's. This includes Amazon and iTunes MP3's.

This means you can finally play albums where a track continues from one to another properly without a gap (needs TuneNet to be in Gapless mode). I'm particularly pleased as it doesn't involke any DSP routines and will work with the current mpega library.

Thought I'd share that with you all :) I'll release the updated plugin soon.

Cheers,
Bean.

Edited by bean on 2010/2/5 23:48:39
OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Re: Gapless MP3's
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Cool
I guess that doesn't apply to regular playback of files?

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

Nice work.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice work!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Sounds great! Now I can listen to Powerslave as ripped from the reissued cd properly! (as they had the brilliant idea to put the song's intro at the end of the previous track instead of the beginning of the track it belongs....sigh!)

May I request a few things?

1. Right now when *tunenet -play* is invoked from CLI and tunenet is already running, if no song is selected in the playlist, nothing is played. Maybe you could tweak it so it plays the first entry in the playlist instead. That's be useful to me as I've configured a button to start tunenet and another for play/pause. So, if you'd tweak it that way I won't have to select something in the playlist, I'll have total control from the keyboard from the get go. If there's another way around though I'd be happy to know! :)

2. Are you planning of adding any DSP effects? Basic ones, bass, treble, stereo widening would be nice. I have to say I especially miss the stereo widening effect from songplayer.

3. Is there a way to snapshot where Tunenet's icon goes while iconified?

4. And last, but not least, but certainly most unlikely to happen, is there any chance you add support for mp3pro? I've seen there's a relevant plugin for mplayer on linux that is also open-source afaik. Would that help at all?

Sorry for taking advantage of this post to ask for those things.

Keep up the great work! :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

Thank you bean, very much appreciated

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

Hi,

This will work if the files come after each other in the list so:

TuneNet mp3:track1.mp3 mp3:track2.mp3 will play them as gapless.
(I've a fixed exe which will be released soon for the -load and relative path issues).

Perhaps some nice new ways to queue tunes using CLI/ARexx port are needed in order to support AMuse etc?

@Vulture

I've just tested with iTunes V7 and V9 MP3's tonight and gapless is working nicely. Basically anything encoded with the appropriate LAME headers or the iTunes standard should work fine, so I'm hoping your tracks will be fine.

I'm going to output the phrase "MP3 Gapless" in the Tune info window under the notes tag so you'll be able to tell if your file has gapless support or not.

Quote:
1. Right now when *tunenet -play* is invoked from CLI and tunenet is already running, if no song is selected in the playlist, nothing is played. Maybe you could tweak it so it plays the first entry in the playlist instead. That's be useful to me as I've configured a button to start tunenet and another for play/pause. So, if you'd tweak it that way I won't have to select something in the playlist, I'll have total control from the keyboard from the get go. If there's another way around though I'd be happy to know! :)

Try: tunenet -restarttune

Works here (though of course I have the latest bin).

Quote:
2. Are you planning of adding any DSP effects? Basic ones, bass, treble, stereo widening would be nice. I have to say I especially miss the stereo widening effect from songplayer.

I'm reading two DSP books at the moment, one specifically on Audio processing. We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
3. Is there a way to snapshot where Tunenet's icon goes while iconified?

Not yet, but I've already fixed the positioning issue of the app icon so now it finds the first available bit of space instead.

Quote:
4. And last, but not least, but certainly most unlikely to happen, is there any chance you add support for mp3pro? I've seen there's a relevant plugin for mplayer on linux that is also open-source afaik. Would that help at all?

I've no plans. But if the mpega library was updated everyone would benefit. A job for someone else I think.

@All,

I'll probably release a "test" plugin tomorrow evening for those who are interested in testing.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Way to go with the dsp stuff bean!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Sounds great! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Quote:

This will work if the files come after each other in the list so:

TuneNet mp3:track1.mp3 mp3:track2.mp3 will play them as gapless.
(I've a fixed exe which will be released soon for the -load and relative path issues).

Perhaps some nice new ways to queue tunes using CLI/ARexx port are needed in order to support AMuse etc?

Yep. The inevitable is here. Gapless playback is a must. And to find a way to make the notification server to display the relevant album cover.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

GREAT WORK!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This can be considered experimental, but I've released the Gapless MP3Cast plugin (V1.16) for anyone that wants to try it out.

Please read the readme first for full details and current issues!. Also don't forget to set TuneNet to gapless mode (the default mode).

To see if the currently playing MP3 supports gapless playback check the info window for the words "Gapless MP3".

OK, the plugin link download link is here: www.tunenet.co.uk/download/mp3cast1_16-experimental.lha

You'll need the OS4.1.1 version of TuneNet. A new version is on the way, though I'm not sure when yet.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Quote:

Some questons so far: cli commands do not allow me to expunge the file entries tunenet loads on startup (PROGDIR:tn_deflist.m3u).
And: how to communicate with tunenet via arexx? Readme doesn't say a thing about it. I wish there's arexx interface and an old wish of mine: to query the current playback time....

Thanks,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

There is no ARexx interface in the current version, but I am in the processing of adding one in. I'll be sure to add methods to query the playtime and extract the Album covers from the files.

I'll take a look at the cli playlist query.

@All,

Anyone tried the gapless plugin yet? Any luck?

Cheers,
Bean

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
All my MP3s are hand-encoded (by lame), so I don't think any of them will work with gapless playback

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Quote:
Anyone tried the gapless plugin yet? Any luck?

Dont know if it was the reason but I had cracling sound every time a new track was starting. Now everything sound smooth and perfect

TuneNet is great.

BTW: Any chance for AAC+ plugin?

Edited by mr2 on 2010/1/31 14:39:31
CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

Quote:

I'll be sure to add methods to query the playtime and extract the Album covers from the files.

Query options will be nice. About adding cover support: a command to change the cover image inside tunenet. MEanwhile will try to communicate with ringhio myself. And: imbedding cover into files can be inefficient, especially when music is collected as whole albums, then single cover image for the whole dir is more suitable.

Quote:

I'll take a look at the cli playlist query.

10x!
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

The images within music files are handy if you move them about between devices a lot. I will be adding external image support at some point soon.

@Chris H,

Lame supports gapless encoding, your files may already have that info in them!

Cheers,
Bean

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Works fine with my mp3s so far, excellent work! Thx!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

With the previous version of TuneNET, I've been successfully playing gapless mp3 encoded by ADRipper (using an unreleased Blade-based plugin) for 2 years now !
So the old gapless mode wasn't a "true gapless" ?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »