Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: new Hyperion Site
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@shadowsun

Quote:

shadowsun wrote:
See on the site : link

"Key staff-members of Hyperion Entertainment serve as technology consultants to Amiga Inc. which is in the process of relaunching the famous ?80 platform"

Is it an old or a new information ?

I just copied the corporate info from the old site, so yeah, this is old. Should probably rewrite that part.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... &Itemid=75&layout=default

69k instead of 68k, unless of course I am missing something?

Oh - and why haven't you released the mission pack for Freespace? I'd pay.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @tldaley

Same here, re-registered OS4.0 & OS4.1 for A1 and no update files.
EDIT: Ok, solved the problem.
Click on the same link again...

Thanks, that did it! Dowloaded the two fixes.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@Hans

Quote:

Hans wrote:

When I set up my website, I originally wanted to use just plain HTML, but I quickly gave up on that idea. CSS makes layout and style much easier to do.

When I made FriedenHQ, I used MediaWiki and managed to get it IBrowse-compatible, but the result looks mediocre at best and is hard to maintain as a non-wiki site, so I am considering switching it over to Joomla as well.

I use Silverstripe for mine, and its template system is definitely flexible enough that I could use plain HTML. However, all the available themes used CSS and I'd rather spend my time coding instead of learning HTML.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

I use CMS Made Simple for my website. I could have made an all HTML template for the site but I didn't bother because AmigaOS now has OWB/NetSurf and if I use CSS I can much more easily make the site look how I want it to.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Hello. I'm sorry don't want to hijack the thread, just find it a bit interesting to continue on..
Regarding CMS, I was considering Joomla! and Drupal.
But as someone said on some forum, it is just a chaotic linux-like development (i.e never compatible with old version, it means there was no clear principle to start with, nor experience, so modules from old versions do not work etc..)
Lately I came down to a shortlist which includes Drupal (cheap, widespread hoisting), RoR(good roadmap) and your CMSMS, which I know the least about :)
Can I ask you why you have chosen that ?

Thx
Ed

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Too sad...

I hoped that the trial was finished and that it meant a new computer like the Power Design PowerPC board from ACK with OS 4 soon !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@treke

To be honest the biggest reason for my choosing CMSMS has to be because my brother uses it and I occasionally do some work for him so it makes sense for me to be familiar with how it works.

Also it's quite easy to use and extendible by using extension modules.

F.e. on my website:
- The "Recent files" boxes are done by a module called RSS2HTML which is very easy to use.
- The downloads section uses a custom Downloads module that I've written.
- The "Main Menu" and "Links" boxes are done using the MenuManager module.
- The "News" section is done using a News module.

CMSMS also supports pretty urls via mod_rewrite as can be seen from my website. Everything is dynamically generated php but from the URLs you could think it was just static xhtml (this makes the site much more search engine friendly).

Also the admin interface is very nice and easy to use and works very well in OWB on AmigaOS 4. Third party modules can easily be installed through the "Module Manager".

Last but not least using templates (these are written in a language called Smarty) and CSS you can very easily make everything look exactly as you want it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Thx a lot for the info. I had a look at A500. Nice - I'd like to create something similar.
(so now my shortlist has come down to CMSMS and Website baker - which, according to my googling, looks the easiest )
Thx again and sorry for hijacking the thread
Ed

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've registered my OS 4.1, OS 4.0 Dev. Pre-relase and 4.0 for Classic PPC...why there's no updates for OS 4.0? My copy of 4.0 Classic is from 2007 so I was excited to download the hotfix for Mediator/Voodoo!! Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ricossa

I see my registered product of OS4.0 but do not see any of the old downloads ( the os4 updates, sdk, uboot updates, etc) and I cannot download os4.0 it's just a text line saying I have os4.0 not a download link. I'm connecting with Safarai on mac mini.

renoir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Renoir

in fact, in the download part I only see the latest updates, but in the registered products I see the following:

AmigaOS 4.0 AmigaOS 4.0
AmigaOS 4.1 for AmigaOne AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOS 4.1 for SAM440ep AmigaOS 4.1

with my serial numbers. That's all.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Same here, i can see my registered product but no updates for OS 4.0

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@detor

As I have explained multiple times already, I will move the old files over as soon as I get the time.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I'm sorry if I told you something that many peoples already asked but I'm new here (and I guess is good for you to have new peoples that cares about your products! :) ).

Well, I hope you'll get the time to make this upload soon...thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@detor and all

For you and all the people out there that needs old updates for games and operating system, They are now available, again, on the new hyperion site

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)