Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 87

bigmac, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: OWB 3.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
*Sigh*. Is a little email too much to ask? I bet he could fix this bug in a few minutes, if he knew about it.

Not too much, but I'll leave it to someone who is actually using the program.
I've decided to use my IBrowse hotlist instead of maintaining 2 hotlists. I'm already testing new releases of about a dozen programs so I only worry about reporting bugs in the programs I use.

Is this the right place to report OWB bugs? I had high hopes for accessing my bank accounts with OWB but it doesn't work either. None of the Amiga browsers work correctly with my bank. OWB fails to display the drop-down menu for the "State" input at: http://www.sovereignbank.com/personal ... ils/net_banking_logon.asp

I'm a little disappointed. Because OWB seems to handle some sites that I can't use with other Amiga browsers, I thought for sure it would work with to access my accounts. Too bad

Edited by xenic on 2008/12/31 1:49:28
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

Not that it helps too much, but I found by pressing into the tab, and then entering a letter via the keyboard, it changes to maryland, or if I pushed the letter a, it changed to alabama.

So when I tried to type more than one letter it did not work, but then, that could be because I am not american, and am trying to type in melbourne. (hahaha)

Anyway, maybe you are lucky enough by pushing the first letter of your state, that it happens to be selected.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ All

I have just found out, that my OWB that came with os4.1, may have been slow, but atleast I could log into facebook?? Go to www.facebook.com.au and log in, or even .com.

It just sits there, not loading. And it seems the actual Login button when clicked does nothing?

Also to note, My origianl OWB that came with os4.1, was able to download things off os4depot and aminet. Did you all know this??

Personally, I am not too happy with the upgraded speed, if it has less functionality than the original that came with os4.1

At the sametime I am happy that Joerg is taking the time to work on it and imporve it, I am thankful for that.

Cheers, and happy new year.

Hope we get download support soon in the new versions, looks like I need to re-install my original owb yet again for the download support and facebook useage.

EDIT:

By the way, I do like the new feature of pop up windows when clicking on a link. it seems like everytime I click on a link in OWB now, it pops up into a new window automatically, nicely done.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:

Not that it helps too much, but I found by pressing into the tab, and then entering a letter via the keyboard, it changes to maryland, or if I pushed the letter a, it changed to alabama.

So when I tried to type more than one letter it did not work, but then, that could be because I am not american, and am trying to type in melbourne. (hahaha)

Anyway, maybe you are lucky enough by pushing the first letter of your state, that it happens to be selected.

Yes. That works. Thanks. Now that I have the state set in the site cookie, I don't get that screen anymore and I go directly to the login page. However, when I enter and submit the userID I get an OSB Javascript alert telling me that "The current browser settings have Cookies disabled". I looked at the cookie file and I see cookies are being stored. Can anyone tell me how to activate cookies?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
I need the ARexx commands to use if OWB is already open.
Ooops, I forgot to add the list of ARexx commands to the 3.1 Readme. The ARexx commands are:
OPENURL URL/A, STOP, GOBACK, GOFORWARD, RELOAD, GOHOME, SCREENTOFRONT, GETURL and GETTITLE.

Quote:
As far as downloading goes, I would like to suggest something like popupmenu.library with a menu that has items for D/L files, images and copying URLs like IBrowse.
Before adding anything like that I first have to implement support for donwloads in OWB, which will probably take some months.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
I had high hopes for accessing my bank accounts with OWB but it doesn't work either. None of the Amiga browsers work correctly with my bank. OWB fails to display the drop-down menu for the "State" input at: http://www.sovereignbank.com/personal ... ils/net_banking_logon.asp
Currently a popup menu is only supported in the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB for up to 25 entries, if it gets too large popupmenu.class crashes and I have to implement something else for large <select> menus. Currently you have to use the general OWB method for them: Click 2 or 3 times into it, use the cursor up and down keys for selecting the entry, and on pages where there is no separate submit button return to sent it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Thanks, I pasted the AREXX command list into my v3.1 readme. I know development can be a long process, especially when you have to figure out someone elses code before you can add anything.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I tried your cursor method and that works too. However if you select a state and proceed to the next screen, you get the cookie requester I mentioned in my earlier post. You can select a state in the page at the URL I listed, proceed to the next page and try entering a userID (any text) and you will see the Cookies disabled requester. When I tried the site with the OWB that comes with OS 4.1 I don't get the Cookies disabled requester but get stuck on some more drop down menus on the next page. The cursor trick doesn't seem to work with them.

I'll try again tommorrow and see if I have better luck.

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

Before adding anything like that I first have to implement support for donwloads in OWB, which will probably take some months

Why not quick&dirty workaroud using "wget"?

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

That is a pretty good idea. Netsurf could use that too.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PulsatingQuasar

Netsurf already has a download facility.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Why not quick&dirty workaroud using "wget"?
It would require the same ugly hack as in OWB Blastoise: Aborting the already running download and starting it again. It doesn't make any difference at all if an external tool like wget is used or it's done in OWB itself like in OWB Blastoise.
It would probably be as easy as in OWB Blastoise, but like in OWB Blastoise it couldn't work with all sites, for example not on sites only allowing a single download per IP, and not on sites needing cookies for downloads.

If most OWB users prefer such unusable hacks instead of having to wait a few months for the correct download implementation it's no problem at all, it's much less work than implementing it correctly, and I'll do it that way instead ... But I wont implement downloads twice, it would stay that way and I'll never implement downloads correcly in OWB, at least not in the next 5 years, but implement other missing features instead.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
However if you select a state and proceed to the next screen, you get the cookie requester I mentioned in my earlier post. You can select a state in the page at the URL I listed, proceed to the next page and try entering a userID (any text) and you will see the Cookies disabled requester.
It tries to access the Cookies with JavaScript which doesn't work in the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB Galekid (I didn't check yet if it works with the SDL or GTK version of OWB Galekid, but probably not).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
If most OWB users prefer such unusable hacks instead of having to wait a few months for the correct download implementation it's no problem at all, it's much less work than implementing it correctly, and I'll do it that way instead ... But I wont implement downloads twice, it would stay that way and I'll never implement downloads correcly in OWB, at least not in the next 5 years, but implement other missing features instead.
I defintely vote for a few months wait.
I realise, from what you say, that it is more work for you, but a correct implementation would be nice.
Ignore the "quick fix" guys, it's just everbody is impatient.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Please implement the download the correct way. I'll wait the months it takes

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

I sent you PM.

@joerg

Quote:
Please implement the download the correct way.

I second that !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Do it the right way. No hacks thanks. I rather wait

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I would prefer to wait.
There are plenty of alternatives if I need to download something in the meantime.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I will happily wait for downloads to be implemented correctly and will donate again when it's done

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I got an idea. Could you add a menu item to launch external script handling download and give it an URL that's under mouse pointer as parameter. And also add a GETURLUMP (=GET URL Under Mouse Pointer (tm)) arexx command. (Two menu items to launch two different scripts. One for general downloading and one for GetVideo.) So anybody could write a simple arexx or DOS script to handle downloading with wget command. So we could use this simple solution in meanwhile you're making a proper implementation.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »