Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Need help confirming an ffmpeg bug!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Can anyone help me confirm what appears to be a bug in the ffmpeg program?

When using the -padtop, -padright or -padleft options with the ffmpeg program I get an ffmpeg crash. If I set the -padbottom to something other than zero at the same time all the other pad options work fine. If padbottom is set to zero or not given then the only combination of pad options that works is if you have -padtop, -padleft and -padright set to something other then zero.

This occurs when running ffmpeg from the command line or using the ffmpegGUI program and putting, for example, -padtop 20 in the additional commands string.

Does this cause a crash for others as well?

Thanks!
ktadd

Go to top
Re: Need help confirming an ffmpeg bug!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

ktadd wrote:
Can anyone help me confirm what appears to be a bug in the ffmpeg program?

When using the -padtop, -padright or -padleft options with the ffmpeg program I get an ffmpeg crash. If I set the -padbottom to something other than zero at the same time all the other pad options work fine. If padbottom is set to zero or not given then the only combination of pad options that works is if you have -padtop, -padleft and -padright set to something other then zero.

This occurs when running ffmpeg from the command line or using the ffmpegGUI program and putting, for example, -padtop 20 in the additional commands string.

Does this cause a crash for others as well?

Thanks!
ktadd

No crashes here, I tried each -pad, one at a time & in combination in a shell & the output file showed the correct effect with no crashes.

Same with ffmpegGUI, only tried -padleft so far, but it worked as well. I'll test more tomorrow.

I had a few random lockups, but if I let the app run unmolested, it had no problems.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Tried putting in the extra command as above.
Worked fine, no crashes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
@ktadd

Tried putting in the extra command as above.
Worked fine, no crashes.

Thanks for giving it a try. I played a bit more and it seems I'm only getting crashes when I use the pad command on an mpeg1 file. What type of video file are you trying it on? If you haven't already could you try an mpeg1 file?

Thanks!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I used it when converting FLV and WMV files to mpeg.
What is it supposed to do BTW?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
i've compiled a new version here at work:

http://www.amigasoft.net/test/ffmpeg.lha.lzh

but watch out! i haven't run it since i haven't and amiga at work! so it is possible that it crash at start!
protect it +e
and use as usual. Altivec is not enabled.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
i've compiled a new version here at work:

http://www.amigasoft.net/test/ffmpeg.lha.lzh

WARNING! This version of ffmpeg does not work properly with ffmpegGUI because the video and audio bitrate options have changed units between this version and the last version. The bitrate units are now in bits instead of kbits.

The workaround for this problem for the time being is to leave the bitrates at their default settings and set the
bitrates in the additional commands gadget using the
-b videobitre and -ab audiobitrate commands.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ktadd

maybe, but does it crash now or the old problem is fixed?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@ktadd

Still crashes on mpeg1 files even with the new version.
I did notice that if run the crashing mpeg1 files through
ffmpeg using the mpeg1video video codec that I can then
crop the resuting file without crashing. I tried this with the old version of ffmpeg.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Problem with mpg files & pad settings confirmed here, email sent.

I get jaggies on the right side of an mpg file converted with different pad settings. I haven't tried the newer ffmpeg port yet, but will soon.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

More than happy to do some more testing if you want but let me know exactly what it is you want me to do.
I'm very much a newbie when it comes to ffmpeg.

I have used the older version with the command you stated previously.
I used it when converting wmv files to mpeg
No errors .
I have no idea what the pad function does though, so don't know if that was actually implemented.

Have downloaded the latest version if you need me to test that as well.

Cheers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown
Quote:

sundown wrote:
@ktadd

Problem with mpg files & pad settings confirmed here, email sent.

Got it and replied. Thanks!

I get jaggies on the right side of an mpg file converted with different pad settings. I haven't tried the newer ffmpeg port yet, but will soon.

I have seen the jaggies on occasion too but haven't investigated it much yet. Looks like another ffmpeg problem, or maybe I don't understand how to use it quite right.

Thanks for the report!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@ktadd

A little more info for you. I tried the PC version of ffmpeg and it actually throws an exception under the same padding conditions. The difference is it writes a stackdump file and exits. The video output file has been processed fine. I have noticed on the Amiga that the crash occurs at the very end of processing. My guess right now is that the output file on the Amgia is fine as well but is left open when ffmpeg throws the exception so it can't be accessed again. If there were a way to close the file I'd bet it would turn out to be fine.

Don't have the Amiga output file handy but here is the
PC stackdump file contents in case it helps:

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=610CA4CC
eax=00000000 ebx=00014310 ecx=1003A7C8 edx=80808080 esi=1003A7D0 edi=1004EAD8
ebp=0022E8F8 esp=0022E8E0 program=C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\ffmpeg.exe, pid 4012, thread main
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003B gs=0000 ss=0023
Stack trace:
Frame Function Args
0022E8F8 610CA4CC (1002B3B8, 00000001, 00000000, 007E1870)
0022E928 61066685 (1003A7D0, 1002C030, 00000002, 00000001)
0022EE48 610A087F (007E19A0, 00000001, 007E18B0, 00000001)
0022EF40 004043B8 (0000000B, 10021F98, 100200A8, 00000001)
0022EFF0 61006A1D (0022F008, 00000046, 0022F034, 7C91825D)
0022FF90 61006E41 (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
End of stack trace

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
@ktadd

More than happy to do some more testing if you want but let me know exactly what it is you want me to do.
I'm very much a newbie when it comes to ffmpeg.

Thanks. Sundown verified the problem on his system so there is probably not much sense in having others try it. Check you PM though.

Quote:

I have used the older version with the command you stated previously. I used it when converting wmv files to mpeg
No errors .

Thanks. I've discovered that the padding crash only occurs when using mpeg1 files as the source file. Your results help to confirm that.

Quote:

I have no idea what the pad function does though, so don't know if that was actually implemented.

The padding function adds a black (by default) boarder around the outside of the video much like you would see if you were viewing a widescreen video on a standard screen TV. Since the default color is black and the background color with the players is black you might not notice it if you use small values. The values are in pixels so try something like 40 as one of the pads and you will notice that the video is shifted in one direction in the player. Try using the -padcolor 888888 option with the pad options and the boarder will be gray and more easily seen.

Quote:

Have downloaded the latest version if you need me to test that as well.

I've verified that the problem exists in the new version and also on a PC version but feel free to give it a shot. Be warned though the the video and audio bitrate settings do not work properly with the new version and ffmpegGUI becuase they change the units for that option for kbps to bps.

Thanks for the feedback and don't forget to check your PM.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

It could perhaps be something strange with the MPEG1-file. Maybe you could run it through VCDGear to see if it has any errors.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup
ciao,
Have not tried if the bug above occurs here (will try it out later), but if I may note that with the last but one version the altivec enabled one crashes here. AmigaOne-G4

Go to top

Register To Post