Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

afxgroup, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Open Tyrian: best shoot for OS4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes,

I've just downloaded Open Tyrian from OS4 Depot and it is, in my opinion, the best shoot'em up for Amiga OS 4.

Fast, using only 60% of my CPU (G3/800) which is very good since the game is using SDL (if I understand correctly), playable with the mouse, not too difficult, etc....

Well, an excellent game with great sounds and music.

Thanks a lot Varthall

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Re: Open Tyrian: best shoot for OS4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great game. One of my favourites too :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko
Great game really.
At last there are new thingies that deserve our aprobation.
Fast,clean and very well done indeed.
But on the Tyrian enhanced it has a bug that on fullscreen doesn't work well as pressing the buttons it freezes the system, but I suppose the autor is working hard to find the solution.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

A very good shoot' em up

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Great game. Reminds the oldies like silkworm-iv.
Imho on real classic amiga the scrolling/paralax would have been smoother...
So far the best shootem-up on A1...

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I like the intro that comes up before the game

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Agreed, both the intro and the game

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

you can use also joystick with amigainput, i use amigainput from os4 classic version and works very well, but there is a bug, when i quit from the game the music not stop and cpu usage is 100%

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks all for your appreciation! Yes, this is an SDL game, the relatively low cpu usage might be due to good programming by the original team, but also the fact that it runs in low resolution helps.

@MamePPCA1
I got problems running all the exes in fullscreen mode too, but the freezes occured only when exiting to the main menu during a game. Do the freezes occur everytime you press a button?

@sofistisoftware
Yes, SDL supports AmigaInput, I believe you can use the AmigaInput library from a previous version of OS4 for AmigaOne, too. I got the "music continue on exit" bug too, the sources were missing an SDL_Quit() at every exit(), maybe I have forgot to add it somewhere. Does this happen with both the classic and enhanced versions? Are you running it on an A1 or a classic machine?

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

The problem is with Tyrian enhanced I hope cause with normal Tyrian it runs amazingly well with a Workbench window.

Keep up your work!

One question

Can you tell me how you have adquired such C (I suppose)
good skills for program?

I am thinking to learn C and to give the community my own vision about how a game should be on the Amiga One.

Thanks!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

i use uA1 with latest modules from os4 classic, i use also amigainput for classic and the problem "quit" is for both version, thanks for this port

Go to top

Register To Post