Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

khayoz, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My new Cell Phone
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, so after keeping my old cell phone for over four years, I finally upgraded to a new Samsung "Juke" phone. It's small, has all the basic features I need, and also includes an MP3 player.
I read the "Verizon" instructions and I see that to get music into the phone, I have to load Verizon software on my PC, then buy all my music from them.. Not nice.
I read the book that comes with the phone and I see in fine print that I can also just plug in and use Windows Media Player 10. I try it at work, it sees the phone, but I'm not figuring out how to get any music into it.
So I get it back home and just for fun, I plug the cable into my AmigaOne. Now we're making progress. I drag and drop a dozen albums from my MP3 drawer and all of them play just great. Mission Accomplished!
Yes, I know, I'm sure it can be done from a PC as well, but it's nice to know that I can use Amiga tools to rip and encode MP3 files, then move them to my new phone. It works much easier than the software that Verizon expects me to use.
Now if I can just figure out how to download my own ringtones..

LyleHaze

Go to top
Re: My new Cell Phone
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

Must see it as a USB Mass Storage Device then?

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

I just got a new Motorizr Z3 and didn't even bother trying to play around with the Windows software. Just plugged it into my A1's USB and it was automatically recognized. Copied some MP3s into the appropriate dir and the phone plays them perfectly.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

I just bought a SanDisk Sansa c250 MP3 player and it doesn't show up in AOS 4 . I have to copy the files through Windows.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@hotrod

check the usb log maybe it's recognized as floppy,
if this it's the case you must substitute the july
masstorage.usbfd in devs:usb/fd with the AOS4 final
version.
Yiu can find the log in t:

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LyleHaze

I've got an SE K810i and is copying my mp3 from my a1,works good. So i got a 4gig stick for it :) I'm glad to see for my self and others that we can do more and more using our beloved amigans.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Damnit. You got 2gb more then my K810 ;)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Valiant

I have the same cell phone. If you bought it lately (I bought it 6 months ago) the firmware is upgraded and you can plug into the phone up to 2 GB SD RAM (and not 1 GB as the manual sugests). Also I have heard about some firmware hacks for the Z3 made by moto fans that could make the phone accept up to 4 GB.

Anyway, now that I saw Z8 in action, I am considering about upgrading again. In the US I think that the series have came at Z10 revision..

Go to top

Register To Post