Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 132

amig_os, Georg, amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Bug-fix updates for Odyssey?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there anyone developing Odyssey anymore? At least the bug which causes Odyssey, after 1-2 month's use after installation, to freeze when loading pages should be fixed! Having to continuously reisnstall Odyssey is not a decent solution.

At least there should be a script (or a program) which would clean-up automatically possible mess (corrupted files etc.?) created by the program...

Go to top
Re: Bug-fix updates for Odyssey?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nope, no one developing it. But code on github, you can try to fix any issue you find and i can build fixed version then

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor
in what circumstances the erros occur?
I am using the latest version form os4depot: Odyssey 1.23 r5 ( thx @kas1e ).

I have no freezes after long use, tested on multiple AOS4 machines.
I have no special settings and I am not using youtube.js or any other custom script.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Nope, no one developing it. But code on github, you can try to fix any issue you find and i can build fixed version then

Thanks, but that is beyond my competence... I'm not a programmer for a bit.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailorQuote:
sailor wrote:@Gregor
in what circumstances the erros occur?
I am using the latest version form os4depot: Odyssey 1.23 r5 ( thx @kas1e ).

Me too... The freezes happen when I try to load some trivial page, e.g. the usual Amiga fora like Amigans.net. The page is loaded for a short time, then it suddenly stops and the whole system is freezed. Cannot even start a cli window anymore... Mouse pointer is still moving but clicking the buttons do not have any effect on anything. Power or reset button is the only way out (ctrl-A-A or ctrl-alt-alt are not responding anymore).

Quote:
I have no freezes after long use, tested on multiple AOS4 machines.
I have no special settings and I am not using youtube.js or any other custom script.

I have a X5000. I do not use youtube via Odyssey, either. I'm not sure about the settings, but if I do a fresh reinstallation and copy the settings file from the earlier installation, Odyssey do not show this freezings for at least a few weeks. So my settings cannot be the direct cause of the issue...

I use also Linux regularly ( and MOS occasionally), but have not seen anynything similar with them. So I doubt the cause could be a defective network connection.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

A few days ago Odyssey 1.26 was released for Aros 32bit and contains some bug fixes.

https://github.com/deadwood2/OdysseyWebBrowser

Can't we also use the source code for the PPC version of Odyssey and compile it for AmigaOs4.1 ?

@Gregor

At the moment I am using Odyssey version 1.23, I am using all the relevant Amiga sites and have also added the latest scripts available for Odyssey, even my email account (Emailn) can be used with Odyssey without any problems. I also use YouTube often via Yt.rexx and aiostreams amiga project. I have never had any problems like you described.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor

For several months I was having issues with Odyssey ...
- random freezes
- "can't allocate ram" messages

Maybe it was the snow flakes on Amigans.net, I don't know.

Odyssey seems to work fine now, after I did a fresh install of OS4.

My main issue now is when I launch MultiView from my AmiDock, I sometimes get a DSI error.

And YES ... I use MultiView not MultiViewer.

Regards,
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

what filesystem is Odyssey?
maybe some of Conf/... files Odyssey saves are garbled.

Options/prefs you use/change?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox
Quote:
Maybe it was the snow flakes on Amigans.net, I don't know.

The snowflakes do cause freezes. I've mentioned it a couple of times over the last few years but the snowflakes keep coming back each year. Now, when I see snowflakes I turn off JavaScript support when visiting Amigans.net and the crashes dissappear.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks. I will do the same next time those snow flakes appear.

Cheers,
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MaijestroQuote:
At the moment I am using Odyssey version 1.23, I am using all the relevant Amiga sites and have also added the latest scripts available for Odyssey, even my email account (Emailn) can be used with Odyssey without any problems. I also use YouTube often via Yt.rexx and aiostreams amiga project. I have never had any problems like you described.

Which machine are you using?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabiruloQuote:
what filesystem is Odyssey?

SFS.

Quote:
maybe some of Conf/... files Odyssey saves are garbled.

If that is the case, why do these freezes happen randomly? A corrupted .conf file should have effect on every time I open Odyssey or a cetrtain site....

Quote:
Options/prefs you use/change?

I cannot remember which are original and which I have changed myself. How to present them as they are split into several .conf files...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@redfoxQuote:
My main issue now is when I launch MultiView from my AmiDock, I sometimes get a DSI error.

And YES ... I use MultiView not MultiViewer.

Do these DSIs appear when you start Multiview itself, or only after you try to open some file from it?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

about settings, maybe doing a backup of your Odyssey prefs and maybe Conf drawer.
Then restart Odyssey and maybe change in prefs CACHE as Web Browser.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor

This is off topic now but here goes...

So far my issue with MultiView seems to only happen if I launch MultiView from my AmiDock. The file requester opens up as expected, I select a file and boom I get a DSI error. But it is totally random. Sometimes the file opens as expected. Sometimes I get a DSI error. Not related to any particular file, but so far only text files are affected.

Anyways, I'm slowly troubleshooting ...
- rolled back to MultiView 53.8
- made sure rear USB ports are in fact disabled,
- currently starting network port manually.

My system is a MicroA1 purchased in 2004 and it has some quirks that show up from time to time.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
That’s look like a datatype compatibility problem.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The only issue I have with Odyssey which is on my list of "Things that don't work for me on OS4 and need looking into" is that every time it opens, it opens to the full width of the screen. That might have been fine 20 years ago when the average screen was small but on a 4K, 27" screen it's downright annoying. Multiview does the same.

I've not really looked into it as I've kind of just assumed it's the way it is, but if there is a solution, or a setting I'm missing, someone please tell me :D

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MartinW
Quote:

"Things that don't work for me on OS4 and need looking into" is that every time it opens, it opens to the full width of the screen

That casual settings of the MUI prefs you should do (in mui prefs) telling it to "save size of the MUI window permanently". Or if you want it static, then resize as you need, and do "snapshoot".

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

And done! Thank you so much - I hoped there would be a simple solution to that. One more I can strike off the list. Being doing quite well this weekend.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MartinW

I had the same problems because I simply didn't know any better. In my opinion, the function should have been activated as an option in the standard settings, as it makes the most sense. I had to ask other users to explain it to me and I couldn't figure it out myself.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »