Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 17 »
Re: RadeonHD V.5 driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre660

I have not managed to download v5 driver yet.
updater is just crashing...

had to register my produkt at
http://www.amiga.org/developer/ webpage.
that points to:
https://www.amisphere.com/register_product.php

Try see if can download from AMIStore, can can’t find the driver there, only older drivers.
Try look at AEON web page, logged in there, can’t find the drivers.
I feel is over complicated, and poorly tested. This not a pleasant user experience.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/9/23 23:14:45
Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/9/23 23:15:31
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Have to go step by step .

Did you upgrade the Enhancer package to V2.2 ?
if not then you can download the Enhancer 2.2 via the Amistore program and then install .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre660

yes and thenv updater got really buggy...
i have updater 54.73
dos.library 54.112
exec.libary 54.30

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

We already know that Hyperion isn't going to deliver anything significant anymore on its own.

So, in a way, I suppose you can take the criticism/feedback from users here as a compliment -- A-EON has effectively replaced Hyperion as the lead developer behind the operating system at this point. Which is why the focus is on your plans from now on. Some will be pleased, some not; you're going to hear from everyone if you want to be the de facto platform owner.

Can I suggest a public Q&A session at this year's AmiWest, perhaps, to clear up intentions and plans? I think it would be very well received.

-- eliyahu

100% agree with a Q&A at AmiWest

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt
Quote:
Try see if can download from AMIStore, can can’t find the driver there, only older drivers.

Earlier today I purchased, downloaded and installed the driver and it's working on my X1000.

Two things to note:

1. After paying and verifiying with the code that you receive on the website as instructed I was able to use "Updater" to download the driver. It wasn't available on AmiStore yet.

2. After installing Enhancer 2.2 a while back I had problems playing videos and had to disable the Sys:libs/VA/RadeonHD_drv_video.library by renaming it. After installing hte RadeonHD V5 driver it didn't work until I remembered to reaname the VA library back to it's original name.

Then 720p videos played with 10-15% CPU using DVPlayer. This is on an X1000 with a RadeonHD 7750 video card. 1080p doesn't work so well.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

Quote:
On the Sam460ex had to disable compositing effects in gui prefs.

Funny thing is, if I open Power.prefs the whole system freezes after a few seconds... I think I switch back to v3 as it perfoms better for me on my X1000...

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The RadeonHD V.5 driver is now available via AMIStore .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have two X1000s with R9 270 graphics cards and for years have desired the ability to play 1080p videos smoothly. Are we ever going to get there on this machine? This ability is something I would pay for. Are we there yet?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

No, does not play smoothly on my X1000 even with v5... you can't even play two 720p videos smoothly at the same time... this VA feature struckles... its better without... so save money and stay at v3...

Edited by DJBase on 2022/9/24 21:01:17
Edited by DJBase on 2022/9/24 21:02:50
AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mbrantley

You need to get an RX card hacked into your x1000.
Even 4k video plays perfectly.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
If you are having issues with playback speed with SI cards, remember to post a link to the file or the specs of the compression used, as I would guess that the issues are from non-H264 files.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs

In this particular case we have actual user feedback at least for X1000 and Sam460ex that 1080p playback is not working as was expected.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660Quote:
Spectre660 wrote:@derfs

In this particular case we have actual user feedback at least for X1000 and Sam460ex that 1080p playback is not working as was expected.

Im just trying to rule out any 4k videos or H265 videos, as the UVD on SI cards was not built for that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveforIt
@DJBase

Did you try with setting INTERRUPT to No?

We already know that there seems to be a problem with RX cards on the X1000 hardware...maybe the problem is also there with HD cards, just not that prominent?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Makes no different...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Can someone tell me what advantages the V5 provides? I understand it supports GART, what is this?

Currently on Enhancer 2.2 on my X5000 with RX card and performance is good, although might be nice to go back to by 7850HD so I can run Linux again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

Quote:
I understand it supports GART, what is this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_address_remapping_table

it speed up memory copy from system memory to GPU memory, the GPU can do more, and the CPU is free to do other work insted.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I might have missed it, but has this VA HD driver promise already been taken care of....

[Solved thanks]

Edited by Skateman on 2022/9/26 20:33:31
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I was trying to buy the driver via AmiStore but no matter what buttons I press the shopping cart remains empty. How can I get the driver ? I was hoping to pay with PayPal. Where can I complain to ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 17 »