Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress: r5 RC2
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
The changes that were done for the 1.23r5 release, are all merged at the GitHub repo?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero
I think almost all, except single one about self-signed certs, as it was some dirtly-last hack, and i want to make it proper for next one, with normal window spawned, etc ,etc.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you, Roman. Maybe it would make sense to add the repo the rest of the files as well.

The reason I am asking for that is that I have created a new theme for the top pages, but there is nowhere to upload the extra files in the repo, in case you would like to merge them.

This way I could add my scripts with PRs in the future.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
All localizations files are missed too, maybe worth adding a "Locale" folder and put everything there

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, I get some pretty different behaviour with the same version of OWB on my X1 vs X5.

Firstly, I always have my bookmarks section up on the left hand side. For the X5 I have to manually delete "WebpageIcons.db" then, when I click on my bookmarks the image will appear and be saved. But, for whatever reason, that is no longer the case and they have all gone back to the default blue circle.

Second is that now when I go onto Amigans.net, enter credentials and click remember me and - just for fun - go to Settings > Preferences > Save

It still does not remember me.

Not sure what the problem is.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

My guess is that you are using ngfs on the x5000?
The very old public ngfs had some problems that odyssey was very good at expose.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi. Yes I use ngfs on x5.

From the ISO cd image for x5000 on hyperion I installed AOS4 with ngfs.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Bump.

Other X5000 users with NGFS have the same issue?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

On my X5000 I run Odyssey off SFS and my website icons disappeared along time ago, but haven't investigated it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kas1e

Thanks for the hard work put in Odyssey

BTW, do you know why https://www.amiga-ng.org (new version) is badly displayed wheras with Odyssey MorphOS there is no problem ?

Under MorphOS : https://www.amiga-ng.org/getfile.php?a ... p-1%20-%201671x977x24.png

Under OS4 : https://www.amiga-ng.org/getfile.php?a ... me=OdysseyOS4-AmigaNG.jpg

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

High likely because the WebKit core of the latest MorphOS version is a bit more newer compared to the core used in the latest version for AmigaOS4

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Ah yes, probably. I thought the latest version of Odyssey OS4 had the most recent webkit used by MorphOS' version.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Compared to the 1.23 for AOS4 the 1.24/1.25 for MorphOS use a more recent core by about 1 year

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Any news or betas on an Odyssey update?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz

Yes an updated webkit would be really cool. Nowadays, more and more websites became unreadable with our current version of Odyssey. This makes me sad to not even be able to read my emails through the webmail of my isp anymore.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
As were said many times updated core of webkit in odyssey is not possible: they changed it too much. Even on morphos they go from scratch with Wayfarer.

All what can be updated in Odyssey is 3d party libs, gui code, some fixes in webkit core where possible, but not whole core: its still will be same 10 years old core, sadly (for that new browser should be done based on new webkit core).

So, do we need fixes not related to core updating, like updated 3party libs, recompiling over clib4 and new binutils, etc ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just stumbled upon this project:

https://github.com/arthurchoung/RELISH

Besides the OS4 browser project, could that be another approach...?

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Primax

Quote:
Just stumbled upon this project:

https://github.com/arthurchoung/RELISH

We don't have Objective-C, and it does not look like full web browser. If it is, then lots other project also needs to be ported.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay, thanks.

But maybe generally, this is also the right way for OS4: not a full, but fast and slim web browser which does not have to support "everything"...?

For example, I would do without YouTube (and any other video), but would like to have a browser which supports HTML5, CSS und JavaScript.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Primax

Yeh… think maybe best thing is just focus on JavaScript, JIT compiler and JavaScript Binary format. It seams to me good way go about be looking at NodeJS, also we other browsers like NetSurf I think can be good.

I think part of problem, is that we want latest stuff now, and as result we keep taking shortcuts. Not saying retrofitting new components, parallel development is good idea, as it ends in incompatible side projects.
On the other hand, one problem with EUAE, is the maintainer kept porting over newer code, but did not work on integration with OS, as result EUAE sucks on many parts like network support, protection bits etc, let’s say user experience can be better, then what it is now. The same you have any large project; we need to customize it our needs. It can’t just be recompiled. Well technically first modern web browsers we had, was SDL based, without any integration at all.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 »