Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »
Re: Introducing the Rear Window blog
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The new Rave app looks awesome. Trixie, you rule. Looking forward to use it. I am regularly using such apps, in conjunction with AudioEvolution. They are extremely useful.

Thanks for doing this.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Rave...Nice!
Thanks for all your contributions and it looks like another great one.
I see a record button. Will it have the ability to record audio from a Mic Input?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Stay tuned for the first beta And... I'm glad somebody actually uses Exchanger!

@walkero

Quote:
I am regularly using such apps, in conjunction with AudioEvolution.

Which are the ones you use, out of curiosity? I still like SoundFX, although it's showing its age, and can be a bit difficult to grasp because of its scope.

@ktadd

Quote:
I see a record button. Will it have the ability to record audio from a Mic Input?

It will record from anything AHI presents as an audio input.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Thank you, nice to see productivity software in development!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Very nice!!!

Rave will be a good replacement of AmisoundED

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is awesome news, well done! I'll definitely be using this when it's available

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Way to go Trixie!

Looking forward to this new tool.

Will it make it possible to fix pops in a sample (e.g. a recorded vinyl with a scratch) by zooming in and manually editing the waveform?

That would be very useful for me and something I haven't found in any modern (i.e. 16+ bit sample capable) Amiga program.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sinisrus

Quote:
Rave will be a good replacement of AmisoundED

I will be honoured if people think so

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Will it make it possible to fix pops in a sample (e.g. a recorded vinyl with a scratch) by zooming in and manually editing the waveform?

Not any time soon I'm afraid A more likely solution is a plugin that detects and repairs pops in a given sample or selection.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

This Rave seems pretty interesting

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
A more likely solution is a plugin that detects and repairs pops in a given sample or selection.
Yeah, I've seen that feature offered in some programs (mostly on other platforms, but I think SoX can do it too).

I just feel more in control when I can see the changes I make one by one and make sure they are not a sound that is supposed to be there (some percussion instrument or something).

Although I have to admit the few times I've actually used a manual waveform editor (in Exact Audio Copy on a PC) to fix up a sample of a pretty scratched vinyl track, it has taken much too much of my time, so maybe it's time to weigh the pros and cons of the automated approach.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Of course both approaches (manual and automatic) have their pros and cons. The reason I'm saying the automatic approach is more likely to happen is that Rave's plugin system is ready to adopt a piece of processing code, whereas the waveform display module is not ready for manual editing.

Quote:
I think SoX can do it too

Speaking of SoX... it would be interesting to see if libsox could be used as a processing engine (today, no-one writes their own DSP code anymore, you simply use one of the existing libraries). I'll see if I can coax anybody into porting it for me. Should be easier than porting the full SoX, especially as I don't need the I/O routines (sample loading/saving is already handled by Rave's sndio.module, which is based on libsndfile - port courtesy of Fredrik Wikstrom).

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

How about getting your software "Rave" to use the XMOS XS1-L2 124 onboard chip. (XENA) With some sort of bridgeout board that could be used for Audio related tasks..... Soundcard, Midi, Ofloading of audio related stuff...

Just thinking about how the X5000 users could use that extras piece of hardware... I could also have had to much to drink yesterday.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skateman

There's already too much on my plate, and considering (watch out, understatement coming!) how few actual applications the Xena chip has seen, the answer is a friendly but firm no If the Xena were a dedicated DSP chip then there would be options to explore, but being an arcane and apparently useless piece of hardware...

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

I understand. Looking forward to your first Rave beta

Keep up the great work.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie

SoX was already ported to OS4 (not the lib, but the program itself):

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=audio/convert/sox.lha

Not sure if that helps in what you want with it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

I know, but unfortunately the executable doesn't help at all I really need the lib. Not a top priority though, as I'm working on other stuff at the moment. Plus, I have another DSP library already ported, so it gives me a start. (Libsox would still be a welcome addition because it is more high-level and has more effects).

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Rave definitely looks sweet! Is it commercial software or free? File requester looks interesting too, is it replacement for ASL written only for this program? Plugin system is a good idea.

So far I've used AmiSoundED but it's pretty basic for larger editing. I've used Stefan Kost's SoundFX too but nowadays it's quite outdated, unstable and never liked the way you select the range in sample window

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@densho

Quote:
Rave definitely looks sweet! Is it commercial software or free?

Rave will be offered on a "pay-as-you-grow" basis. The main program and a basic set of plugins will be free, allowing you to do common tasks such as editing samples, changing volume, applying fade in/out, etc. The default free feature set will be larger than AmiSoundEd's but smaller than that of SoundFX.

Many users will never grow out of the default feature set, meaning that they won't have to pay anything. Composers and studio users, however, will probably want more. This is where the commercial plugins enter the scene. Their development will be a continuous process.

This business model will allow advanced users to pick up new functionality as it becomes available and, of course, to decide whether they actually need it for their work or not. The model will also allow me to cover some of the costs associated with running the Rear Window website etc.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Sounds good. Why not just make the Standard version a few bucks.

Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »