Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

amig_os, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Thanks Acube-Systems
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I was just thinking about the Amiga Community and what happened in the Amiga Community in the past years and I have to say that a lot of things happened and arrived in ours niche market and most of these "things" came from Acube-Systems..

Starting from year 2005 (plus or minus) they realized:

- Sam440ep mini-itx
- Sam440ep Flex (different clocks speed)
- Eye Motion
- Sam460ex
- Sam460ex (aka AmigaOne500)

They also commercialized the MiniMig, that sold very well judging from the numbers of users that bought it and talk about it in the forums.

This is about the hardware..

About the software they gave and give differents operating systems for their hardware like Amiga OS 4.x, Aros, Linux. They did different Uboot updates and realized the Parthenope BootLoader (very usefull imho, especially if you want to have both Amiga OS 4.x and Linux on your system). They also realized some software tools like the Sam440ep Tool to boost up performances.

I think that they are the most serious and tangible company in the Amiga Market since long time..

Don't you think so?

Go to top
Re: Thanks Acube-Systems
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
yup cheers to ACube if it wasnt for them i wouldnt hve bought my first OS4.1 machine...my old Samflex@800

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
yep! :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yep agree, In my opinion ACube is the best Amiga company out there, and not only about current times but even compared to all the old other companies that was/are involved in a way or another on the Amiga world

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for starting this thread. I always welcome an opportunity to say thanks to ACube and Hyperion. It was great to play with a new Amiga when I got my Sam440, and even better with my Sam460.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, thank you Acube for making a decent computer to run OS4 at a decent price considering the small market. WIthout a machine like the sam460 I would not be back as an Amigan :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I agree. Without ACube AmigaOS 4 would probably not have survived in its current form.

Hat's off to them for that.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
I think that they are the most serious and tangible company in the Amiga Market since long time..

The best thing about ACube is that they don't announce "projects", rather they announce products that are ready to buy (roughly speaking). So if things take longer than planned (probably the case for most Amiga "projects"), there is no disappointment or moaning.

ACube aren't perfect, but I wish every remaining Amiga company was as bad as them . Actually, Individual Computers is similarly good company (if you ignore their Clone-A Project!), although they mainly produce Classic Amiga stuff.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If it had not been for Acube-System, my AmigaONE-XE would have been broken.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes, a loads of many thank-you's to ACube, they were also the reason I got back into Amiga!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I agree.

Plus they are a nice bunch of people who may be in it for the money, but they are certainly not going to miss the fun on the way.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, we give the thansk to Acube and more when the X1000 seemed the solution of our lack of hardware more when the OS4 developer should have the support drivers for the Sam460x as Microsoft does with the PC hardware.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks ACube: Enrico, Max and everyone else! )

Off Topic
and Thanks Trevor!

Go to top

Register To Post