Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
246 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 244

trixie, Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Mplayer, last version?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
What is the status of Mplayer?

The last working version is this one: http://members.ii.net/~trebs/mplayer
but its status is unknown. Was it just a new compiled binary? Will we see new versions one day?

Thanks.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Re: Mplayer, last version?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Url not found

And anyway, what status you mean ? We have already 2 mplayers: one are done by afxgroup, have no gui, and a bit old. Another one done by fab (and ported to os4 as well), has gui (mui), and more or less decent version (decent enough to have support of everything one need, i think core are 1 year old only).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
kas1e,

There is a reaction gui for the command line one and the old one supports video overlay.

The new one has a better file supports and the GUI has more "real time" control on the video.

I guess that Elwood was asking if somebody has taken over the development of the command line version.

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood

The old afxgroup version was uploaded on Google and is now mantained by Varthall and Abalaban altrough only some code was committed by then and at the end it's wasn't released (yet)

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/

So in general the latest Reaction one is on OS4Depot or on the afxgroup's website

There is also the Fab (MUI) version ported by Kas1e in October 2011 but even if more recent as snapshot and a bit more stable in general it have some other problems here and there.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... video/play/muimplayer.lha

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@davebraco
Quote:

There is a reaction gui for the command line one and the old one supports video overlay.

Where you found mplayer with reaction gui ? Or you mean Deniil's archive called "gui-mplayer" (which not gui, but frontend in end). The real reaction gui was done by afxgroup only in initial form, just few buttons works, but he never manage to finish it, and no one else do it.

And of course, mui-mplaye support video overlay as well (i for myself ripoff code from the old mplayer and add that p96 overlay to muimplayer). Its all handles by settings. If you have some problems on your setup with it, then its or your settings borked, or your hw didn't have overlay support for now, or i just make some mistake somethere and by some reassons you can't have overlay (but you should have it of course).

Quote:

The new one has a better file supports and the GUI has more "real time" control on the video.

I know, its me with deniil port it. And its gui as it should be, the previous one which you mention only called gui, but its frontend, which in general very different things.

Besides, that as you call "more real time control gui", its even initial form as well. On Cgx5 (avail on morphos), fab add in overlay mode "real real time real gui", which our, aos4 version didn't have, because of p96 realisation of overlay (which not allow to update elements in realtime, or kind of , i do not remember details very well right now). There is example of how it can be in end once we will find out how to workoround p96 limitations in end : example screen

Quote:

I guess that Elwood was asking if somebody has taken over the development of the command line version

Fab's mui-mplayer (and that was told many times everythere) are the same command line as well. Its just by default its run in GUI, but you can use it as command line one, then same (1:1) as it was with old , afxgroup's, version. Just read the readme for details.

To add, there is no point to waste time on other and eny else mplayers anymore, because mui one already works , has gui, can works in any kind of form (command line or not) and if there is something which someone dislike, or found that something in old mplayer done bette, then its just small (or not so) mistakes which should be reported and fixed. Code are open, no problems. The same even if someone because of some reassons want exactly reaction gui (to finish the work which afxgroup start), then its also very easy can be added to the mui-mplaye via some flag/key.

To summorize: mui-mplayer are one which in mantain, one which has normal gui, one which have decent core, and one to which all the bugs and problems should be reported on bugs.os4depot.net

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
kas1e,

About overlay, my settings where borked. Replaced the old one with a freshly downloaded one and it works.
Having the control window not integrated with the video one is not a major problem but of course would be better.

I know that it's also possible to use it as a command line, I suppose I had to write, command line only version.

Just a suggestion, is it possible to use AISS image for the buttons when available?

Looking forward to the next version. Keep up the good work!

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:

To add, there is no point to waste time on other and eny else mplayers anymore, because mui one already works , has gui, can works in any kind of form (command line or not) and if there is something which someone dislike, or found that something in old mplayer done bette, then its just small (or not so) mistakes which should be reported and fixed.

Hmm....does MUIMPlayer have an AREXX port like the command line one? The commnad like verwsion is used by my programs, SimpleSub, ffmpegGUI, and VideoClipper through the AREXX port. Until MUIMplayer has an Arexx port I don't think we should consider the command line version to be not worthy of supporting.

By the way, the command line version I use and suggest is the one found in the AMC Package.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

Hmm....does MUIMPlayer have an AREXX port like the command line one?
Until MUIMplayer has an Arexx port I don't think we should consider the command line version to be not worthy of supporting.

But as i say before, muimplayer IS command line one as well. GUI mode just by default, via icon, but you can just run it from shell to have command line mode, or provide a necessary option to swith from/to gui/command line.

And yep, it have AREXX port as well. Just checked right now the code, and there is :

Quote:

struct Library * RexxSysBase = NULL;
static struct MsgPort *ARexxPort;

int rexx_init (void);
void rexx_exit (void);
void rexx_handle_events (void);

and so on

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
But as i say before, muimplayer IS command line one as well. GUI mode just by default, via icon, but you can just run it from shell to have command line mode, or provide a necessary option to swith from/to gui/command line.

I tried to use it from the command line a while ago with the no gui options and didn't get it to work. I didn't spend much time on it then because I was in the middle of developing some code. I'll have to go back and look at it again sometime.

Quote:

And yep, it have AREXX port as well. Just checked right now the code, and there is

Do you have a list of supported AREXX commands? I looked at it quite a while ago and your right it did have an AREXX port but I don't think the commands were compatable with the command line MPlayer, or there were a very limited number of commands, or I didn't know what the commands were. It would be great if you could supply more info.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

I tried to use it from the command line a while ago with the no gui options and didn't get it to work. I didn't spend much time on it then because I was in the middle of developing some code. I'll have to go back and look at it again sometime.

You just run it from shell, and it works in command line mode. I.e. just like this:

Quote:

8/0.work:mplayer/generic/mplayer

MPlayer UNKNOWN-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
160 audio & 349 video codecs
Usage: mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
-vo <drv> select video output driver ('-vo help' for a list)
-ao <drv> select audio output driver ('-ao help' for a list)
dvd://<titleno> play DVD title from device instead of plain file
-alang/-slang select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country code)
-ss <position> seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
-nosound do not play sound
-fs fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man page)
-x <x> -y <y> set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
-sub <file> specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps, -subdelay)
-playlist <file> specify playlist file
-vid x -aid y select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
-fps x -srate y change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
-pp <quality> enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
-framedrop enable frame dropping (for slow machines)

Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
<- or -> seek backward/forward 10 seconds
down or up seek backward/forward 1 minute
pgdown or pgup seek backward/forward 10 minutes
< or > step backward/forward in playlist
p or SPACE pause movie (press any key to continue)
q or ESC stop playing and quit program
+ or - adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
o cycle OSD mode: none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
* or / increase or decrease PCM volume
x or z adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
r or t adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand

* * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS * * *

8/0.WORK:mplayer/generic/

And it works as command line. In general, the basis is command line, and for working in gui is need it to add special params (like "mplayer -gui 1", tooltype "GUI",etc). But by default everything command line if you run it just from shell. When you run it from icon, it just have "GUI" tooltype. If you will comment it out , and you still will run it from the icon, it will bring you asl requester to choice a file (its auto-detect the running from WB, so to avoid problems).

Quote:

Do you have a list of supported AREXX commands? I looked at it quite a while ago and your right it did have an AREXX port but I don't think the commands were compatable with the command line MPlayer, or there were a very limited number of commands, or I didn't know what the commands were. It would be great if you could supply more info.

While its still wrong to call afxgroup's one command line (like mui one are not :) ), still found some answer from Fab about list of arexx commands:

Quote:

if you need a list, type in a shell:

rx "options results; address MPLAYER.1; 'help'; say result"

Note that the "raw" command expects an internal mplayer command (which are described in mplayer documentation), so in fact, all mplayer commands can be reached from mplayer rexx port, that way.

And there is output:

Quote:

8/10.RAM:> rx "options results; address MPLAYER.1; 'help'; say result"
Commands :
LOADFILE <filename>
LOADLIST <playlist>
PAUSE
QUIT
SEEK [ABS_SECS|ABS_PERCENT] <value>
VOLUME [ABS] <value>
MUTE
FULLSCREEN
FRAMEDROP <value>
SUB_VISIBILITY
OSD_TEXT <text>
RAW <raw command>

QUERY
FILENAME
LENGTH
POSITION [PERCENT]
VOLUME [PERCENT]
FULLSCREEN
SUB_VISIBILITY
FRAMEDROP
INFO [VIDEO|AUDIO|CLIPINFO|FPS]

8/0.RAM:>

+ by "raw" command you can use any of internal ones.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

The rexx port of MPlayer was implemented in MorphOS port in the first place in 2006, and it was opensource already, so there was no need to create incompatible commands later in the OS4 port. And as said above, all mplayer internal commands are accessible if needed, plus the ones i added.

If you need additional ones, you can always tell me what you need.

About gui/command line:
There's the GUI mode (which also accepts all the standard mplayer command line options). GUI mode is triggered by different ways: -gui 1 in CLI mode, or GUI tooltype in MPlayer icon in Workbench mode.

In non GUI mode, two possibilities:
You run mplayer without any (wb)argument in Workbench mode, then it will display a requester, which is rather wanted.
You run mplayer without any argument in CLI mode, then it will just show help, as intended.

And let's repeat it: the GUI is integrated, but it's just an additional mode that doesn't interfere at all with command line options or config file, it works along with them.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Elwood

I deleted that one last week, I think. Recently anyway.

It was a very crude port, for myself, and no overlay support. The MUI one is slowly progressing, so I figured it's not necessary to keep my old crappy port up there anymore.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the news.
I didn't want development of Mplayer to cease.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

Quote:

The rexx port of MPlayer was implemented in MorphOS port in the first place in 2006, and it was opensource already, so there was no need to create incompatible commands later in the OS4 port. And as said above, all mplayer internal commands are accessible if needed, plus the ones i added.

I was the one who added the arexx port in afxgroup's MPlayer. I didn't know the MOS version was open source, where it would then have been sourced or if it had an arexx port (maybe it didn't at the time). I also don't have cvs or whatever the open-source server uses.

So, I just implemented what I needed for my front-end and a lot more. So yes, they are incompatible.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
That Mplayer from Afxgroup was crashing on exit on my system. I changed that struct TimeVal stuff into the source and compiled on my AOS4 system. Now it doesn't crash anymore. I'm just too lazy to upload it anywhere. I was thinking was Afxgroup using a cross compiling environment to compile Mplayer. If he did that cross compiling environment is out of date, I think.

@kas1e
Could you add support of dropping a file onto an icon of Mui-Mplayer on AmiDock and the file will play automatically ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
you should use the mplayer present into AMC package.. it has no problems.. and however i don't work on it anymore since Varthall should work on it. Sorry but i have no great time

And however i assure you that my enviroment is not out of date.. maybe too updated. :D

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

How could timeval have anything to do with that? It is AFAIK the same structure, just with different member names..?

@afxgroup

The AMC version also crashes on exit when SDL is used. SDL has to be used for some videos which has an unaligned width (like 640x360 wide-screen) which the P96 overlay can't handle in any of the OS4 mplayer versions.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

Unless it was disabled or broken, MPlayer (MUI) supports supports multiple WB arguments. So it should really work already.

And it also handles a file selection drop from workbench/ambient/whatever over the video and playlist windows (in the last case, it just enqueues and doesn't automatically play the first file of the selection).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thank you all for he ongoing development.

I use MPlayer for most of my playbacks and as fallback for the rest

Keep on, great project

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup + deniil
Quote:
How could timeval have anything to do with that? It is AFAIK the same structure, just with different member names..?

Yes.

I think I had to update/install many dependency libs when compiling. Maybe those are more mature and fixed all problems.

Quote:
support of dropping a file onto an icon of Mui-Mplayer on AmiDock

For some reason, this doesn't work.

Also I have to use ahi_dev driver to get sound. (with MUI-mplayer)

(Edit...)

Edited by TSK on 2012/5/23 19:26:46
Edited by TSK on 2012/5/23 19:30:27
Edited by TSK on 2012/5/23 19:30:59
Edited by TSK on 2012/5/23 19:38:10
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »