Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Portable Bioware's Infinity Engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Noticed this file was uploaded recently on OS4Depot:

Portable Bioware's Infinity Engine

Quote:

"GemRB (Game engine made with pre-Rendered Background) is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine.

It was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset (Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment). It should run on GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, possibly other UNIX derivatives and more. It is licensed under the GPL."

Have any of you tried it and if yes, did it work? Do you think Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale will run ok on a Sam460?

Thanks in advance. :)

Go to top
Re: Portable Bioware's Infinity Engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BobSacamano

I think Samir Hawamdeh is uploading Andrea Palmatè's old ports to OS4Depot for archiving purposes.

When I look at the file dates, all these uploads are from 2010-2012 era..

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SinanSam460

and judging by the comments many of the ports are outdated and won't work with newer AmigaOS4 (kernel)...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BobSacamano

I just tried Gemrb on my A1Xe.

It loaded but it ran a bit sluggish then i noticed the characters were not in their Green circles. Invisible.

I tested no more.

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the information everyone. :)

Was not aware that it was an old port. On Generation Amiga they wrote that this was a new version with several improvements and bugfixes.

https://www.generationamiga.com/2020/0 ... d-dale-series-planescape/

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@BobSacamano
Unfortunately, the editor behind generationamiga.com does not do any research before post something on his website. He tries always to put as many posts as possible, without check in details. I don't trust most of the news posted there.

The available version of GemRB is an old one, and I hope we will see a newer version ported.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@all
Does anyone have the available GemRB working on X5000? On my system I tried Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale, and although the intro videos play just fine, as soon as it enters the game option screens it freezes, with broken parts of graphics. These installations were working on X1000 just fine.

I will try to get a crashlog, if this helps anyone.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
Be sure you have RadeonHD with real MiniGL on your setup, not RadeonRX with minigl4gl4es hack which known to be buggy, and released just as little help to run some minigl apps.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

is it so you need to rename minigl everytime you need the normal minigl? just wondering because i just downloaded your minigl4gl4es and made it ready for further use (need amistore to work first)

reminds me of warp3d/wazp3d renaming..

don't get me wrong, im very happy for all the work being done and workarounds..

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noxlar
It's not me, but Daniel made it for RadeonRX owners because aeon-kit think that it not worth of Hans's time to spend on implementing proper minigl support. So, Daniel just take gl4es and make a minigl wrapper over it. I.e it just fast hack to have at least something in terms of minigl for radeonrx owners. And it have bugs: some games even didnt starts, most of time once you run/exit one minigl app , second one will crash, you cant run more than one minigl app at the same time and so on.

So, if you need minigl, then RadeonHD and real minigl must

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you man for your valuable comments.

@afxgroup
I hope a new port of GemRB might hit our door one day, that will work flawlessly :D

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Tried to get any crashlog or info from console, but even with debug kernel I don't get anything related with the GemRB.

Unfortunately, it crashes even with minigl and mglut libraries v2.21 which are back to 2015. It crashes with 2.24 as well and with the latest ones.

My Graphics card is a RadeonHD 270X...

When GemRB crashes parts of the video graphics are shown inside the options screen, where should be the options for the user to choose. I guess there might be a problem with memory trashing.

A couple of screenshots

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xVBWG ... woza3wiI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_BT- ... PzEUF-tp/view?usp=sharing

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
If i remember right, Andres were in love to use Sobjes. And that all can cause issues too. Check if that the case, and if it use SDL1 sobj for example. And if so, you need OLD SDL1 sobj , not the recent one from os4depot, and with newer ones some games which use SDL1 sobj just crashes.

I do not remember for now why, and what changes cause that, but i remember that some games which use SDL1.so , crashes with latest one. You need to try with one from os4 public releases or something. Or last one which were on google.code page back in times.

But anyway, that port is 10 years old, there need to be new one done.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Guys, i have really *a lot of problems* with new GCC version (from 6 to 8). And it is really annoying because almost everything use sobjs don't work. Don't ask me why but it is the truth.
Most probably i have to revert to old gcc 4 that has always worked correctly. But newer software needs C++11, or 14 and so 4 is not usable.. it is a pain.. really..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andrea
Build everything statically. Those sobjes always were problems all the time. Also, if when you build it all statically things didn't works, it mean that issue is not sobjes.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Part of the problem might be due to libstdc++.so but without more information it's hard to tell.

I wonder how Hyperion is going to deal with newer libstdc++.so versions. IIRC AmigaOS 4 ships with one version (probably GCC4).

@kas1e

Regarding old SDL1 vs. new SDL1: are those crasing apps using MiniGL? Is crash in app or SDL? Is there some stand-alone simple example app which doesn't work with the latest SDL1?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
Quote:

I wonder how Hyperion is going to deal with newer libstdc++.so versions. IIRC AmigaOS 4 ships with one version (probably GCC4).

I think they will not deal with it at all and just will keep old one. If there will be ever any new os4 release of course :)

Quote:

Regarding old SDL1 vs. new SDL1: are those crasing apps using MiniGL? Is crash in app or SDL? Is there some stand-alone simple example app which doesn't work with the latest SDL1?

Sadly i can't remember for now which exactly games causing those issues and at which point it crashes. Will try to keep eye on, and will report back.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

GemRB needs to load the plugins at runtime via dlopen() and it was working with the old gcc4. You have all .so plugins loaded correctly. So the problem is not in the plugin but in something that doesn't work anymore with new gcc versions

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I have some findings on that. I was using the libSDL 1.2 (1.4 22/01/2018) which had those crashes with GemRB port.

I changed it to libSDL 1.2 (19/08/2012) and GemRB worked fine, no matter which minigl library I am using, even with Daniel's latest version. Maybe it doesn't use it at all. I am not sure on that.

Then I tried latest libSDL 1.2 (1.4 01/05/2020) and still crashes, but without the broken graphics, as shown at my screenshots mentioned in previous post.

I am going to try the debug version and see if there is any helpful information on serial for that.

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »