Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
A1-X1000 Marks A New Beginning For Amiga Hardware!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
For the first time in many years, the Amiga will finally have a modern, advanced and powerful new PPC technology, which will mark a whole new beginning for the Amiga, after 25 years from the time Amiga was introduced for the first time to the public with Amiga 1000...

There has been many years of darkness for the Amiga in term of a modern up-to-date hardware to run the ever increasingly improvement of the AmigaOS, but 2010 ends the year of these darkness of outdated poor Amiga hardware..

While some PC-stubborn Windows-lovers might argue about the Amiga not using new technology like DDR3,
SATA3 and USB3, AmigaOne X1000, to not mention
SAM460ex, will still be the most advanced Amiga hardware that have ever seen the light, especially
in the Amiga scene, and they will for the first time provide things like DDR2, PCI-e, SATA2 and USB2,
among others..

In reality, there seem to be little difference between version 2 and 3 of DDR, SATA and USB, also according
to the information found from Google, and from people
with great knowledge of these components. What makes a noticeable difference of version 2 and 3, is speed..

Here is where it will become interesting. The Nemo-motherboard of AmigaOne X1000 is believed to be
housing the extremely powerful and advanced PA6T
PPC CPU from P.A Semi, which is a true 64-bit RISC
PowerPC-processor with a lot of impressive features,
and can simply run in 32-bit RISC mode, which is ideal
for any versions of AmigaOS4, until there will be a 64-bit SMP AmigaOS sometime in the future. The PowerISA 2.04 architecture of this moderboard is extremely advanced when considering it is using DDR2, PCI-e x16,
Gigabit Ethernet, SATA2, USB2 and other goodies, and
with the XMOS co-processor Xena, the combination is a perfect match of a powerhouse well balanced in price
and performance for a futuristic Amiga dekstop system!

A-EON have made the perfect choice of deciding the final spesifications for the new AmigaOne X1000 to be the first new High-End Amiga desktop computer platform!
1.8Ghz Dual-Core PowerISA 2.04 compilant PPC CPU
(which is definitely the PA6T), 2GB DDR2 SDRAM,
500GB SATA2 with AmigaOS 4.1 pre-installed,
an ATI Radeon HD 4xx0 card (based on RV700),
7.1 HD Audio and many other amazing stuffs, are
just the perfect beginning of a new start for the Amiga!

Ok, now to the main point of this topic: Think carefully of this. Not only will several developers of software, games and general hardwares will be able to make support for the new A1-X1000 and SAM460ex, but Hyperion Entertainment will be able to fully support new technology in AmigaOS as they appear...

It's not unthinkable that Hyperion Entertainment and their OS4 Development Team will be able to use both an
A1-X1000 and SAM460ex to make full support of new technology like DDR2, SATA2, PCI-e, USB2, SMP-support,
HD-support, special Xena-support and afterward include Java-support, new graphic subsystem and improved 3D features in AmigaOS4 and beyond..

This is why A1-X1000 and SAM460ex are perfect as the
first modern and powerful Amiga-systems for ages!

In a couple of years, there will be other and greater Amiga hardware based on the idea of A1-X1000 and SAM460, but then probably be using an even more advanced PPC technology that supports DDR3, SATA3,
USB3 and will bring other new technolgy and improvement to the Amiga hardware scene again..

Who knows? Perhaps then AmigaOS4 has reached such a stage being able to support all these technologies that it will be very easy for Hyperion Entertainment to finally introduce a 64-bit SMP AmigaOS that will run on any hardware, even newer PPC-technology that might be using DDR3, SATA3, USB3 and whatever might be out there in a couple of years time...

That's why A1-X1000 and SAM460 define a whole new beginning for the Amiga. A beginning that will finally let the Amiga form its' future for real, and making life much easier for developers like Hyperion Entertainment and many others!

The end of the tunnel is getting lighter and lighter, beginning from the summer of 2010 and going on forever into the eternity! Mark my words, as they are very true..

Written by:

Helgis, Norway

Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 9:18:18
Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: A1-X1000 Marks A New Beginning For Amiga Hardware!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

I think you should submit your resume to A-Eon as a salesperson as you are clearly a believer and would be a great asset to their team!

I too am looking forward to the X1000 and I applaud your excitement and the ability to exude positivity... Keep up the positive posts and don't let the negative nay-sayers tempt you toward the dark side!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@outlawal2

I probably could be, but it's also true what is written here, so i certainly believe it..

Yes, the A1-X1000 will be more than excellent!

And i will never be let down by nay-sayers...

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

How many of these threads do you plan to start on the same topic? Wow.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@billt

Eh, this one is a bit different, my friend, but still WOW yes..

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Helgis my friend you should be a motivational speaker but alas on this site you are preaching to the converted

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

Thank you very much, mate! But i don't want to have this honour alone, as you all are doing extremely well with your
stuffs. I do this simply because i love it.

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

with the XMOS co-processor Xena, the combination is a perfect match of a powerhouse well balanced in price

whot have you been smoking !!!!

https://www.xmos.com/products/development-kits/xmp-64
Buy from XMOS
US$ 1500.00

ohh yes you are from norge. you are not in the eu sovjet union. and you got plenty of oile

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
You could of actually stayed in one thread helgis, instead of starting a new one.

Not moaning,just suggesting.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@retro

Don't know what your motive is with this, but it has nothing to do with where i am from and how i write...

A-EON stated very clearly that adding Xena to the motherboard didn't affect the price of the motherboard
that much...

And it's not just because of Xena that the A1-X1000 will be well matched in balance of performance and price class..

I meant to say the OVERALL spesifications of the A1-X1000,
so there is much more than just Xena..

Learn to read things TWICE before making a conclusion.
That goes for all of us...

So no smoking there as i do not smoke. Lets stay clear to the topic, shall we?

And it's not Norge, it's Norway if you want to say that in english. It seems that this critic falls back to you..

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@magic

I could, but that also depends weither or not a new topic is identical to another one or not..

I will be careful, so worry not...

Edited by Helgis on 2010/4/28 13:28:14

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

I am also with magic. I like your optimism, but i like amigans.net because that is not amigaworld where is tons threads about nothing :) Hope you will not highjack amigans to the same way by these thousands of the same topics :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks, and i agree. There is better control in Amigans.net, generally. No, i won't be let down. I never accept that.

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helgis

Umm... Really, I do admire your energy, your enthusiasm and your fanaticism, but I'm getting to the stage when I don't read any topics you create. I too am looking forward to the X1000, I think it's a great machine and I'm willing to pay the premium required to have the hardware, but I don't see how it will possibly be a world-beater, nor will I waste my energy trying to convert the average Joe to swap their equivalent ?400 Dell PC for one...

I just don't see the point in all these threads - seems perhaps too fanatic, even for me.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus
Have to agree :-/

I would give more advice to Helgis, but he has either ignore or not understood it in the past... Maybe the best advice would be to buy a Sam440 *and start doing something*, rather than being stuck dreaming for months & having to post on forums for something to do...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

I never intended to create many topics at once, but this has nothing to do about being a world-beater system.
That is not what we expect from this system in the first place. We expect these 2 new systems to make a whole new beginning of Amiga hardware, and it's from here
the future of Amiga hardware will be formed and secured...

I should probably point out that people who don't believe in the Amiga, its' potensial and its' future, and seem to be too pessimistic about the system, are not real Amiga fans and supporters...

It was dreams and hope that kept the Amiga alive for so long, and continue to do so. To have a true spirit, a true belief in the platform...

Amiga was never an ordinary computer platform. It's a unique, special platform, and a perfect alternative if you want to break free from the Windows/Microsoft-domination..

It's very important to understand this correctly..

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

I was adviced to ignore nay-sayers and pessimistic Amiga-users who don't really believe in the platform, so i have decided to do that. Forgive me that kind of arrogance,
but it's the right thing to do. The very last thing the Amiga platform and community need, is pessimism..

But we can all agree on one thing: I could probably have found a smarter way to keep many of the same points from other X1000-topics in one and the same topic, yes..

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis Quote:
I was adviced to ignore nay-sayers and pessimistic Amiga-users who don't really believe in the platform, so i have decided to do that.

If you are saying I am in that group, then you need to adjust your glasses a bit... I'm sure *some* people on a certain site That Shall Not Be Named will get a kick out of me being called a pessemist/nay-sayer.

(Hint: Just because someone disagrees with you, does not automatically make them a nay-sayer or pessemist.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

It's true what you say, but i think there is a great misunderstanding from the very beginning of the topic.

If several of you read very carefully, you will realize that
the AmigaOne X1000 and SAM460 will define the future
of the Amiga, as it's all about a whole new beginning..

It means we get the clear picture now about where to
head from here...

Some might not agree with me, but most actually do. It's as clear as that, and that's not because of me saying it, but
because most of us realize this is the truth, and it's logical..

I believe some of us might be frustrated because we are so excited about the AmigaOne X1000 and SAM460 that we want them just here and now. That's why some might be
reacting with frustration..

Like a master would advice his apprentice: Patience, my padawan learner..

And before i end this post, i would also say that it's nothing personal and i'm not angry or anything like that. It's okay to have different opinions and to not always agree, but it's not okay to be pessimistic, giving the impression that one neither care or believe in the Amiga platform. If the
2 last ones are the case, then that person should not
be a member of Amiga-related sites, and rather stick
with something else the person believes in..

Edited by Helgis on 2010/4/30 9:12:09

- Helgis
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helgis

It's true what you say, but i think there is a great misunderstanding from the very beginning of the topic.
Well, hell yeah? Are you a major stockholder/investor in the company? Or, official company officer/spokes person? You blab about the X1000 as if it was on your desk right now. Is it? Excuse me for talking out-of-the-side-of-my-A1.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »