Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Picture viewers
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Are there any reliable picture viewers for Amiga OS41? I cannot use Multiview as it crashes with many jpg pictures created with ImageFX (even with small ones), and currently Multiviewer cannot be opened at all in my X5000 (crashes immediately with GR 80000003, both from icon and cli).

Go to top
Re: Picture viewers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

If you're looking for just the ability to cycle through your photos, try WarpView. I use it all the time. I also use AmiPhoto for my personal photos. That having been said, something is really wrong with your system. I've never had issues viewing JPEG files with MultiView -- although, admittedly, I use the WarpJPG datatype.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Thanks for the tips! Warpview works nicely, but with WarpJPG datatype also Multiview seems to work with all jpg files.

The only issue left is why Multiviewer does not start at all,,, I remember it worked still a couple of years ealier. There must be some system update which has unstabilized it. But as I have not used Multivewer for a long time, I cannot say when this problem appeared.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

Maybe is some of your datatypes (CLASSES:DataTypes/) you have installed. Try to test with a "minimum" set of datatypes and copy one by one to get the "buggy" one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo

Thanks, that was a good piece of advice! The culprit was 'WarpWebP.datatype' V. 45.5. I got it from OS4Depot, and it is quite fresh.

Edit: Also the 'WarpJPG datatype' which Eliyahu recommended makes Multiviewer to crash.

Edited by Gregor on 2024/2/2 11:12:14
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
hanks, that was a good piece of advice! The culprit was 'WarpWebP.datatype' V. 45.5. I got it from OS4Depot, and it is quite fresh.

Edit: Also the 'WarpJPG datatype' which Eliyahu recommended makes Multiviewer to crash.

Very interesting, we will be keen to look into this. We test it with AK-Datatypes which is also included on the Enhancer Software.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

How is Amiphoto?

I purchased it on the Amistore, but it never gave me a serial number. And it won't let me use it or even close it with out it.

BTW

I have tried to contact both Amistore and Alinea, but niether offered any help, so I just gave up.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@livebyfaith74

When you launch AMIStore and login, please click the key symbol in My Purchases window next to AmiPhoto. It will reveal your serial key code.

Thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@livebyfaith74

Quote:
How is Amiphoto?

I purchased it on the Amistore, but it never gave me a serial number. And it won't let me use it or even close it with out it.

I like it quite a bit, although there are some big caveats. The internal viewer is painfully slow to load large images, the HTML gallery creator frequently crashes, and I get the occasional freeze when using the preferences tool.

All that said there really is no other photo manager like it on AmigaOS, and it's not expensive, so I think it's worth it.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:

When you launch AMIStore and login, please click the key symbol in My Purchases window next to AmiPhoto. It will reveal your serial key code.

Since I found out about AmiPhoto through this thread and was looking for a good image display program myself, I bought AmiPhoto from AmiStore. I also have the problem that I can't find the serial key.

Can you please help me?

Resized Image

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there any other way to contact AmiStore support?

As already mentioned, I have purchased the product AmiPhoto but cannot find the serial key to activate the product. Please help me as I have already paid for this product.

Is it support@amisphere.com where I got the confirmation of my purchase from or are they automated emails where a help request would make little sense.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor
Quote:
Are there any reliable picture viewers for Amiga OS41?

I'm beta testing an updated version of LoView picture viewer which should be released in a week or two. It's Hollywood based and is a very nice picture viewer and is the best I've found at handling animated gif and apng files. It is also very easy to create slide shows while optionally playing music. In addition it allows many effects to be applied to the picture.

I also really like FastView. It has an option to show single pictures. It also allows manipulation of the graphics files.

Check OS4Depot for both. The current version of LoView on OS4Depot will throw a requester when started because it was written with an older version of Hollywood and the GUI that it uses. The requester can be clicked on to bypass it. This will allow you to try it out and see if you like it before the newer version is released.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top

Register To Post