Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 160

white, MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Big video about E-UAE on AmigaOs4 !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Brilliant video, kas1e! Enjoyed it a lot! Thanks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
great work with compositing, great video. Many thanks for effort!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Do any additional parameters need to be specified to get a scalable window, composition? I did a quick test, but no luck...

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
You need to build fresh version yourself, it's not the current os4depot one, build it from this commit:
https://github.com/khval/e-uae-1-0-0/c ... a161c4c60bc32025e0f5d6e44

you need to build exactly that one, not the latest one , as latest one where LiveForIt do "merging work" of code, cause issues with speed and mouse movement in 1920x1080 modes.

If you can't build it, any of us can build it for you

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm almost sure its not the latest one. Its from the thread about composition in EUAE but I can check later. Anyway, it would be great if you compile it for us.
What I'm not sure, if the scaling gadget appears automatically or has to be activated somehow in a config file?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@flash

Some improvements already..

Resized Image

So trying out something different, going full 64bit...
Some of my converters seams to get close to, Exec -> MemCopyQuick(), how is that possible?
I’m only writing C, but I’m giving the compiler some hints about keeping somethings in registers.

Old scores of today on right, new scores of today on left.

Most of my old routines used lookup tables.
My new routines, try do more stuff in with fewer instruction in 64bit.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for this awesome vid & again for all the work you do for us here over the years

glUAE always been great ever since saimo released it! It's honestly like magic

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Great work, to saturate memory transfers I imagine you used all pointers math and best use of registers.
If you intercept AltiVec presence you can also convert 4 pixels at same time.
Also for assembler you can use -S gcc switch and generate assembler, it’s a good point to start for developing a further optimised source.

Again, if you want to share entire sources your lib can be the base to implement display conversions for old and new programs in NG world.
At same time all can be optimised sharing sources with community,
I’d like to see in amiga developing community the same best practice to share sources of any project.
IMHO in this NON COMMERCIAL environment there’s a non sense releasing closed sources project.
NO ONE will make money developing amiga programs, it’s a dead platform and all au are using it just for fun.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@flash

Quote:
Again, if you want to share entire sources your lib can be the base to implement display conversions for old and new programs in NG world.
At same time all can be optimised sharing sources with community,
I’d like to see in amiga developing community the same best practice to share sources of any project.
IMHO in this NON COMMERCIAL environment there’s a non sense releasing closed sources project.
NO ONE will make money developing amiga programs, it’s a dead platform and all au are using it just for fun.

When I decided not to answer you the first time, I did it because this can sound inflammatory. And can easily be taken the wrong way.

There is other reasons to holdback, like for example praying eyes, from people who scrutinize unfinished work. I don’t want to be insulted for the work I do, then I ratter quit. So sadly, my only conclusion is that its better to keep it to myself, so often when people ask me to open-source things, no one contribute to the source code anyway. My experience with open-source projects and commercial projects in general it can be difficult to deal with different personalities, no offence meant to anyone, perhaps I’m difficult. When time comes it will be open sourced, under my license of choice. In initial face of the project where I’m trying to define the API, I want to little as possible influence.

My reason for posting the scores as early as I did, is to tell everyone that I have not given up, despite taking a long brake. What I did was to reflect on how to proceed going forward, as I see lot of emotion from people regarding something as important as EUAE project. Something I can understand. But this is a hobby for me, and hobbies are supposed to be fun.

In conclusion, its best split up the project in testable parts, that can be tested in a nonbiased way, as individual parts.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

There is other reasons to holdback, like for example praying eyes, from people who scrutinize unfinished work.

I can 100% understand and respect that. I've done exactly the same in the past myself too. Also, whilst this might seem like a negative to some, you can get the situation where you're enjoying doing something at your own pace, in the way you want. You push it as open source and someone either finishes it for you, or takes it in a completely different direction. They think they did you a massive favour by finishing it, or doing it a "better" way (in their eyes) but actually all they did was take all the fun out of it for you and you may as well stop.

So yeah, it's not always about money or whether the code is "out there" or not. The only important thing (IMO) is, should you decide you just don't want to do it any more, then somehow it lives on. But even that's up to you if it's yours to make that call on.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

I wrote something like this recently on this forum.
"..There was one project from "khval" which works really nice. It used AmiGfx not on SDL. But the project is unfortunately no longer developed.
I have a silent hope that the author is working further in seclusion and one day will show his version of e-uae on AOS4"

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=139766#forumpost139766

I'm very glad you're still working on it. It should be fun for you and it should make you happy.
It doesn't matter if you do it tomorrow, next month, next year, in 5 years or not at all.
I wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed for your work.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)