Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

K-L, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Guide for New A1222 Users
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler
I will make all taborized executables available for free download.
So everybody who owns the respective game can just replace the exe to be served.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x
I just saw the videos - it is great! Thank you!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x
Quote:
I will make all taborized executables available for free download.

Nice! I look forward to getting an a1222 and running your games on it. I currently run them on my X1000 and they are great.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daytona675x

That is brilliant! Thanks so much! Excellent videos!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
eliyahu wrote:@jap

The A1222 is physically a x16 slot, but only x4 electrically. Keep that in mind. I should probably note that in my guide.

So in plain English, the Amiga 1222 accepts x16 cards, but access them at x4 speed? If you use a PCI splitter with two cards, does that mean they both run at x2 speed? Speaking of which, can you use PCI splitters with the A1222 in the first place?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with questions like these, so perhaps updating the guide with the A1222's "expandability" in mind is a good idea?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
New video from Daytona675x:

Taborized #3 - Atomic Bomberman Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1kCg31An7Q

Nice!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

For folks looking for the A1222 in the 'real world' there aren't too many videos out there, but I've collected the ones I know about into a YouTube playlist. Please let me know if there are any that should be added. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... AG8v1Nkh0FM8V63KbgIk0339Z

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

With orders for the A1222+ about to be taken shortly, I thought I'd revisit this thread. I've been trying to keep my QuickStart Guide for the A1222 updated over the past few months, so if you only visited it back in July, give it another shot. There are some new sections and the lists have expanded.

If anyone has curiosity about a piece of software or game that's not on my lists, or a topic regarding the system you don't think I've covered in the various sections of the Guide, please let me know.

For additional material you can also check out my two-part article on the A1222 in Amiga Future magazine issues 164 and 165. Get 'em while copies last!

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu
Great work. Much appreciated!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
With orders for the A1222+ about to be taken shortly

Interesting. Do you know something AmigaKit hasn't yet told its Early Adopters?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
With orders for the A1222+ about to be taken shortly

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@FirstNinja

Quote:

No, but distributor AAA Technology has mentioned this on Discord, so I'm taking them at their public word.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Oh? Since Discord is closed off / propriety software that the owners seemingly refuse to port to AmigaOS, it's certainly is an odd platform for A-EON to make announcements on. Would you please mind quoting their post in this thread, so that everyone can read what they have to say?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@FirstNinja
Quote:
Oh? Since Discord is closed off / propriety software that the owners seemingly refuse to port to AmigaOS, it's certainly is an odd platform for A-EON to make announcements on.

First thing is A-EON is not AAA Technologies and, as far as I know, there was no official announcement on discord. I think one of the AAA Technology guys posted some indicator that it would be soon but I don't remember the exact wording. You can connect to Discord via a web browser, unfortunately, not an Amiga web browser.

As an early adopter, I can tell you that I emailed AAA Technologies in January and asked about an estimate on availability and they replied, saying that they expected to receive the boards at the end of January and would begin contacting early buyers when they receive them.

It's my hope (not an AAA Technologies statement) that means maybe they will start shipping in February. I'm sure things can still happen that would delay things further though.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@FirstNinja
I found the post that was made on discord. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here, but since Discord is a public system, I think it should be OK. If someone tells me different I'll delete this post. Here is the post:

Quote:
Faranheit-Amedia — 01/27/2024 7:42 AM
in resume :
AAA Technology is the official reseller for A1222 motherboard and complete full ready to run tower,
Other resellers will have some stock too later (if they want to resell it),
For the moment, we're waiting on Matthew for getting the first sale's page on
https://amigakit.fr/?lang=en for the motherboard and for 'standard' full ready to run tower

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It is not easy for potential customers (or folks that have pre-ordered) to understand what is going on with the A1222. I'm then thinking about how to purchase it, where to find information, and updates concerning when it is shipping. We are talking about a system costing something like 1600 EUR!

If you are not following AmigaOS 4 news regularly or are a new to the platform, it is not easy to know who to contact or where to look for information.

Maybe an update to the Facebook page of AAA Technology (last updated in October) with some information about the current status would be helpful to potential buyers?

AAA Technology said they were finalizing the testing of the boards in the beginning of December, so there must be another reason why the boards are not shipping yet. It does sound a bit strange they are waiting for AmigaKit to add a product to a webshop before shipping? Back in October they hoped to ship the boards in November at the latest.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amiga Olds Kool Er
Quote:
It is not easy for potential customers (or folks that have pre-ordered) to understand what is going on with the A1222.

Very true Hopefully that will change once the boards are actually available to ship. They might actually have their hands full for a bit filling pre-orders. At least I hope they have a decent backlog of orders already. I know the price is limiting but who knows...

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

I did remember that stuff about the A1222 was said on discord so i did some diggin and found it!

Faranheit-Amedia — 09-10-2023 07:08
A1222 production has begun nearly 2 months ago, so, we should receive our first stock this month at best, in november at worst,

So.. if i read this correct, in worst case the first stock has arrived in november of last year and production started last year around august somewhere.

Anyway.. in amiga terms it will arrive....SOON

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skateman
Quote:
Faranheit-Amedia — 09-10-2023 07:08
A1222 production has begun nearly 2 months ago, so, we should receive our first stock this month at best, in november at worst,

I can't really verify this by any first hand information, but I believe when that statement was made, it meant they arrived from the manufacture to ACube, who I believe is testing the boards, before sending them to AAA Technologies for selling. I believe the one I quoted was when AAA Technologies would receive them from ACube after testing. At least that timeline seems to make sense. Until they are actually shipped, and someone receives one, who knows for sure.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
We are talking about a system costing something like 1600 EUR!

€1,600? Seeing how AmigaKit and A-EON seem to be doing their best to let their so called "Early Adopters" be the last ones to know what the rest of the world already seem to know - do you have a credible source for this, or is it just pure speculation on your part?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »