Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 148

kas1e, Elwood, trixie, jarokuczi, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: Guide for New A1222 Users
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Without hijacking the thread, any chance you could make one of these awesome guides for the x5000 for new owners like myself?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@davec555

I don't think X5000 need detailed guide like that.

Expect perhaps we have old compatibility list for 680x0 software on intuition base, but I think it was lost / deleted. (Perhaps someone hacked the site, probably not that secure.)

http://www.intuitionbase.com/

perhaps we need a new site, that’s more like Wikipedia, in the sense you have revisions, so anyone can edit, and nothing was lost.

The status of what works and not depends on if someone reverse engineer and make a patch, if someone ports or fixes a dependency, or if things like NallePuh, CiaAgient or others are updated. or perhaps if source code is released, and it gets fixed, or ported to PowerPC. Sometimes someone makes good clone, like Maro brother games. having one maintainer wont work, as that someone will lose interest. And some things, work better or on PowerPC then another, for example when it comes to old WarpUP games and demos.

For amiga demos sites, its sadly lacks the details, to determine if a demo can be compatible or not.
for example its divided into ppc, rtg and aga, but if its a ppc demo, you don’t know if its compatible with RTG, if its RTG demo you don’t know also support AHI, and if AGA demo you don’t know if system friendly and work with AHI. So whery hard to know what need UAE or what will work on the host OS.

(Perhaps, it be like this as people make suggestion, and its accepted people earn points, as they earn points, and make good suggestions, they become trusted, will no longer require a suggestion, just don't get trolling and crap...)

Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/7/6 20:25:15
Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/7/6 20:26:16
Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/7/6 20:29:40
Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/7/6 20:32:47
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@davec555

I appreciate the kind words! I hadn't really considered writing a guide for the X5000 since it's fairly established and just about everything works there. In fact all the software in my lists by definition run on my X5000. It would be nice if someone who was a better writer than I would consider writing a nice, comprehensive user manual for new users. There are the beginning of this in pieces over at wiki.amigaos.net, but it needs a ton of work.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eliyahu

thanks for the great Guide which will surely help out new owners

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu
Quote:
...someone who was a better writer than I...

Surely you jest! That is the best technical writing I have seen from any Amiga outlet, and for some years, I headed a documentation group for Defence projects.

Well done, that man!

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I did not see POV among the graphics programs.

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... phics/raytrace/povray.lha

Sold the SAM460ex lite... waiting for money for X5000 or A1222 and OS 4.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

"Expect perhaps we have old compatibility list for 680x0 software on intuition base, but I think it was lost / deleted. (Perhaps someone hacked the site, probably not that secure.)"

I found the data on Intuition base by looking at an older variant of the website at the Webarchive page. http://web.archive.org/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@eliyahu

thanks for detailed review. Especially the development of the project and the difficulties that accompanied it are very interesting reading - I recommend it to everyone.

And I am looking forward to final production!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sailor

Thank you very much for the kind words!

@thread

Many thanks to David Brunet who has very kindly translated the A1222 guide into the French language. It can now be read as a single document over at Obligement: http://obligement.free.fr/articles/a1 ... uide_demarrage_rapide.php

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the excellent guide eliyahu!

I have a PCI SID sound card in my AmigaOne-XE. Is there a way to use it with A1222+?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jap

Quote:
I have a PCI SID sound card in my AmigaOne-XE. Is there a way to use it with A1222+?

Unfortunately I don't see how. The A1222+ is a mini-ITX board and has only one expansion slot with a x16 PCI-e connector. That slot would be used by a graphics card in nearly any configuration.

There is built-in sound, but no HW SID chips.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Graphics card is a must.

It would be great if a PCIe splitter & PCIe-to-PCI adapter combination worked. It looks like the four PCIe ports that the splitter provides will be slower (x4 performance) than the A1222's x16 PCIe slot.

I wonder if Radeon RX cards mind the slower x4 speed.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jap

The A1222 is physically a x16 slot, but only x4 electrically. Keep that in mind. I should probably note that in my guide.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Hopefully Intuitionbase.com will be back soon :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RyuQuote:
Ryu wrote:@LiveForIt

Hopefully Intuitionbase.com will be back soon :)

Great Ryu! Nice to see you, that you are still around 😊👊🏻🙋🏻‍♂️

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks VooDoo 😊

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ryu

Would be awesome if IntuitionBase got back in action again! Have used that site a lot in the past, especially for information on the early A1's and Sam's.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu

Hi there,

In the list of games, it is adviced to use the special SPE versions of games like Battle Squadron (brilliant shooter) and Tower 57.

If one has purchased such games in the past, where can a new A1222 user get hold of these versions?

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere in your guide and I have not seen it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Quote:
In the list of games, it is adviced to use the special SPE versions of games like Battle Squadron (brilliant shooter) and Tower 57.

If one has purchased such games in the past, where can a new A1222 user get hold of these versions?

That will be up to Daniel. I've had the fun of getting to test some of these, and I'm hoping other developers follow. Daniel is by far the most-involved third-party developer so far in adapting his software to take advantage of the SPE on the P1022.

You can see a recent video of Battle Squadrons, for example, on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVzDqBawSJQ and a fantastic video comparing LTE emulation to SPE-native code with Tower 57 posted this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQ4Rufa2wE

-- eliyahu

Edited by eliyahu on 2023/7/27 13:45:04
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »