Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Which graphic tablet?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am now looking for a tablet that will work with my SAM460 and Amiga OS 4.1.6 and my Apple MacBook Pro. The one I was originally gonna get (Wacom CTL-470K-DE) seems unavailable unless anyone knows where I can get one? What other models are known to wotk with OS 4.1.6? Looking to use it with Photogenics, Art Effect and Sketchblock. I would think all will work with my Mac but getting one that works with my Amiga is harder!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Which graphic tablet?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

Samsung Galaxy support PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), but does not communicate well with AmigaOS.

As you can see in this picture.

Default transfer mode for Samsung Galaxy is MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) but its not supported.

Resized Image

On my previews android phone i used program called swiftp, it was easy to setup ftp server, just start and stop button and username and password, was needed to get it working.

Swiftp has not been in development for a while but there are other options, so no matter if usb communication is not working, you should be able workaround that problem whit a ftp-server.

Anyway Dopus5 is a excellent program to copy files to and from ftp.

http://www.techcredo.com/android/how- ... -phone-into-an-ftp-server

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sicky

I bought a couple earlier this year. Both work on AmigaOS. Happy to sell my spare to you if you are interested. I will need to check the exact model tomorrow. Let me know.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sicky

I have a wacom "bamboo one" (CTF-430) works fine with mac and amiga, it's an older model no longer produced but I found mine on ebay for about £35,

Here's one that's newer than mine, £37 inc. P&P.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

I have made a bid for a Wacom CTL-470K on eBay, I read somewhere this model works with Amiga OS 4.1

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I use Wacom tablet with serial port interface.
(I imagine these can be found from local trashbin)

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sicky

My Wacom USB driver is known to work for a vast majority of USB Wacom tablets (a list is given in the Readme).

I have an upcoming version in the works (which should add support for latest Wacom models) but I have to finish other projects first. Don't expect to see this updated version in the coming days but if you are in hurry contact me privately to see what we can do.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey there, abalaban! A question.... would it be possible to have the "eraser tip" end of a Wacom stylus emulate a right mouse button click? This would be very useful with a program such as Photogenics, where you right-click "erase" what you paint on with the left-click (or stylus tip).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley

+ 1 my Wacom tablet works great with abalaban's driver except that eraser tip

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

No a tablet like and iPad but a graphic tablet to be used with SketchBlock for example

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts & mbrantley

I don't remember the state of the latest public version, but doesn't the preference tool provide such a choice already? (Try using Exchange or hitting Ctrl-Shift-W).

In the end it would be possible to configure the action associated with any of the buttons supported by the tablet and/or the pen.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

Hey there! I just looked.... maybe my version of the driver is too old. Under the Pen tab I have settings for Nib action, first stylus button action and second stylus button action, but nothing for the "eraser" end of the pen.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

Oh, okay I'll see what I can do, on the other thinking about it again I wonder if I can detect which side of the pen hit the tablet or if it is only a difference on the pression value (the "eraser" side is always at max pression level).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I have got myself a Wacom Bamboo CTL-470-DE which works great!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
@328gts & mbrantley I don't remember the state of the latest public version, but doesn't the preference tool provide such a choice already? (Try using Exchange or hitting Ctrl-Shift-W). In the end it would be possible to configure the action associated with any of the buttons supported by the tablet and/or the pen.

tried and no go; however, I just realized that I can pull the prefs down with the thumb button and then just choose the eraser under the preset tab.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

glad you got it & yes works a treat

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post