Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X1000 HDAudio driver complete.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Havent seen this news on Amigans.net yet!

X1000 HDAudio Driver is complete.
http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=912

Hyperion announce the release of the finished HDAudio driver for the AmigaOne X1000!

The driver now supports recording as well as playback. It also now supports S/PDIF optical output.

Go to top
Re: X1000 HDAudio driver complete.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is great news. And one less thing for x1000 "haters" to complain about.

Lyle has done a great job on this.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks, but in truth I am just the last runner in the relay race.
Davy, AlexC, and Rene did the biggest part of the driver.

It is good to have it working though.

My wife says all future projects will be limited to eight hours daily.
It think she missed me.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
After that mammoth, I'm surprised she is ever going to let you code again :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I hope the Envy24HT-Driver will be updated to this level. Would be great for SAM460ex-Users.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LyleHaze
Just out of curiosity, would the work done on this driver make it easier to write new audio drivers for OS4? (I'm wondering if the code for previous audio drivers was kept private by whoever wrote it, or otherwise was an unusable mess, but this driver could be used as a "template" for future drivers?)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Most of the previous drivers would not compile on my standard SDK installation. Because of this I assumed that they were cross-compiled from another system.

I later found out that they HAD been compiled natively, but they required some compiler tools and configuration files that I am not familiar with. There was also at least one tool that was missing completely. We had no way to generate modefiles, and no documentation on how they are formatted. One of the things I did accomplish was to write an audio modefile generator that works from a (very) simple text source file to generate Modefiles. The programmer just describes the desired modefile contents and lets the tool create the modefile as part of "make".

Creating newer drivers might benefit, because "hdaudio" is the new standard, intended to replace AC97. One of the design goals was to make all hdaudio chips compatible with a single driver. I will NOT claim that this driver is universally compatible (I had enough of a challenge getting it to work right on ONE!) But it should provide a good starting point for other hdaudio chips to come.

Once I realized that hdaudio was really a "common interface", I found and studied the official intel "master document" for HDAudio, which went a long way towards filling in some missing details from the datasheet for the 92HD700 chip we are using.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There are a few PC speakers or 2.1 with optical input if 5.1 set-up is not needed.

Just making user(s) aware as optical input on 2 or 2.1 speakers set-up are not that common and is normally found on 5.1 or above speakers set-up.

Edited by delshay on 2013/7/20 4:16:18
Go to top

Register To Post