Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

[SOLVED] need some native-english speaking person (better with programming knowlege)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Lately i start to works on some set of articles about programming on os4, which (maybe) even will happens to be a small book in end if all will going well, and while i works on my first part (some big tutorial, around 35kb of pure text already), i manage already to write some small article for beginners about GDB on aos4, which can be helpfull for some newbes.

But as my english suck, i need someone who:

1. can proof-read and fix english in that small article (15kb of size only, half of which are copy+paste from GDB, so not so much of text at all, but still)

2. have time (not after holidays, or soon, or after few weeks). I.e. someone who can get it today/tomorrow, and finish it today/tomorrow as well.

Just better to post articles for beginners in good english, so need some help.

If someone in interest, plz write me at kas1e@yandex.ru or put your mail here

Edited by kas1e on 2012/1/2 11:05:54
Edited by kas1e on 2012/1/2 13:00:04
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: need some english speaking person, with programming knowlege and few hours of time
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Looking for a programming who isn't very busy (with his/her own projects) may be like looking for gold dust in the river...

I hope you find someone though.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: need some english speaking person, with programming knowlege and few hours of time
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Not necessary to be active programmer, or exactly programmer at all. Just not completely newbe, because he just can fix some phrases wrong. At the worst sceneraio even english speaking person without programming skills will be better, just it will be a bit more work. My english not _that_ bad that will necessary to rewrite everything, just fixing tenses, some "stiking in my eye" errors, etc.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Kasle

I'm happy to help out with this. I've been programming in C for ages and have done a few OS3 apps (sadly no OS4 box at the moment, can't wait for the second batch of the X1000 ).

cheers

billy

Go to top
Re: need some native-english speaking person (better with programming knowlege) and few hours of time
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Thanks a lot for mails, there was about 10 right in the first 5 minuts ! Help of course founds already

@billyfish
Thanks, but as i found helper already, seems that is not necessary to worry for now.

Anyway, as that one are "easy-small" one, and i works on big one, help still will be necessary, so when time will come, i will be glad if you still will in interest to help with the same kind of stuff :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: need some native-english speaking person (better with programming knowlege) and few hours of time
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
kas1e
10 responses in 5 minutes may give you an indication of how well you are viewed in this community, pretty damn well! Just thought I'd give you some thing positive to think about given your concerns of the last months!

ace

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Very well, bravo

Just a curiosity, when finished did you plane to post it also on www.os4coding.net (or IntuitionBase if it will come back) ?

We don't know how many argument you are currently covering but at the end (if too big) you may split it and post many little articles for a nice and easy read (for beginners can be the best way to learn)

Aniway keep it up Roman !

Go to top
Re: [SOLVED] need some native-english speaking person (better with programming knowlege)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Just a curiosity, when finished did you plane to post it also on www.os4coding.net (or IntuitionBase if it will come back) ?

Sure, that is for os4coding.net at first. Anyway article just really for beginners, and its just done while i works on normal one .. More the better and so on:)

Quote:

We don't know how many argument you are currently covering but at the end (if too big) you may split it and post many little articles for a nice and easy read (for beginners can be the best way to learn)

That one just about GDB, while big one will cover some low-level stuff, like elf-loading, elf-realisatin on os4, ppc-assembly, libc realisations, differences beetwen unixes and aos4, compiler/linker crap (gcc) , again GDB, dumping/dissassembling, how kernel works, how memory regeons remaps and a lot of other stuff. Its mostly "research-hacking related kind", but hope can be intersting for others. But for first want start from that small one, if it will be interesting at all :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I'd love to get my hands on a step-by-step guide for gdb

And explaining how to compile programs to actually draw something usegul out of crashes with gdb afterwards would be TEH BEST

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That's perfect thanks

Go to top
Re: [SOLVED] need some native-english speaking person (better with programming knowlege)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:

I'd love to get my hands on a step-by-step guide for gdb

And explaining how to compile programs to actually draw something usegul out of crashes with gdb afterwards would be TEH BEST

Yeah, that it. Hope Xeron will fix english fast, and so i can post it on os4coding.net (and if it will have interest, then more about GDB specific on os4 to come)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Sounds good. If I read a generic article on gdb, I wouldn't expect it to apply on AmigaOS very accurately. So while nothing is certain, it'd be much more motivating to follow along with something that's "tried and tested" so to speak.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

plus we can bash him if it doesn't work and as soon as he's a betatester even send him to fix it

win-win

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post