Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaZoom 2010
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A lot of people waiting to know any kind of news from this fair, is there someone there that can give us some news ?

http://amigazoom.me/

Go to top
Re: AmigaZoom 2010
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Hi, no great news but HunoPPC was there with his latest games ports (and a few surprises ), Corto demoed his new version of PointRider (PPS reader) and Relec showed the new case for the Sam460 : The Red One X (and also showed the AmigaOne X1000 case).

Elwood came with a Sam460 but we didi not have enough time to boot it correctly, so we only showed the card to the crowd.

This was amongst other things, of course

I'll post pics tomorrow

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Good, thanks for your update !

The new PointRider seems really interesting among new Huno games

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Hey, thanks ! It was a very nice event and I was pleased to meet our neighbours (I live in the french Alps side). That continued on Sunday with visits but on Saturday, visitors could see many (all ?) Amiga models. Else, Swiss companies like RMS Communication and Relec were there too.

I came with the incoming version of PointRider. Its MUI interface is now in the main program. The major enhancement is about text style : now attributes (like color, size, bold/italic and the paragraph alignment) are supported, even those inherited from the master slide. I also added the support of WMF files (even if the only available lib is old and crap, at least it works).
Before the release, I need to take decision about shared objects and the used libs (SDL_image, jpeg, ...). And I also want to update the converter to Hollywood projects in the same time.

I also showed Sonix (that manages some webcams) and Hieronymus as well. To do a demo, I ran Hieronymus while Sonix was running and it showed jpeg compression activity ... In fact, it should be the case only when saving images or when the FTP transfer is activated. In other words : Hieronymus found a bug !

Last, I discussed a lot with many people : visitors, users, developers, friends, ... I had technical discussions with HunoPPC : that's motivating each time !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

Here are the pictures

Don't hesitate to ask questions about specific photos (AmiPhoto has no option to insert comments, too bad ).

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L
Thanks for sharing the photos, looks like a great event.

And I see you got music as well! I guess (hope) they did not perform a cover of the Annex - Back for the future track

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels

No, they did not

It was indeed a great event, a little too short (from 10am to 5pm).

Once again, former Amigans and people knowing nothing about Amiga asked a lot of questions. Some were really amazed of the actual state of AmigaOS !

Next French event will be the ?Alchimie, in Cl?rieux, where about 60 people will gather for thwo days to commemorate the 24th anniversay of the Amiga.

One week after the ?Alchimie, Triple A will be present at the JDD (Journ?es du Logiciel Libre or Free Software Days) to show that a proprietary OS like ours can use a lot of free (and much optimized) sofwtare.

Once again, we try to present AmigaOS out of our community, and it works !

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Impressive,looks like a really good party.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I also had a LimeBook with me and everyone had the opportunity to play with it (ok, even if there is not so much to do with it).

Yomgui was also attending, showing for example 2 videos played by mplayer with their content read from his firewire harddrive (with the full stuff consuming only 50% of the MacMini CPU).

See you all at the ?Alchimie in few weeks for other news !

Go to top

Register To Post